Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi gusd, I asked my colleagues and will come back to you as soon as they replied. Regards, Maria
Thanks, Maria.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:15 am

Hello again Andre, I think there´s a misunderstanding. LH will not rebook you if you miss the connection due to airport security. This is out of our hands. Should you wish to rebook your connection - since the recommendation regarding the minimum connecting time does not seem to reassure you - you may do so according to the fare conditions. Kind regards, Maria
If it is not POSSIBLE to connect from arrival plane to departure plane, and that is not the passenger's fault, then the airline has made a booking which is too tight for the local access/security arrangements for that route/airport, and thus they should automatically provide alternative arrangements on a subsequent flight at no extra cost to the passenger - it's not as though the passenger is defrauding you of anything! That is basic customer service.

Our flights are LH953 (scheduled to arrive from the UK at FRA at 11:25am on a Monday) and LH234 to Rome (departs FRA 12:20pm). If these flights had a simple walk between gates (as I assumed when the booking was confirmed) then 45-55 minutes would indeed be ample. However from subsequent research online I'm hearing that quite often there is:
  • A bus ride from the plane to terminal
  • Passengers then need to be processed through passport control
  • Then need to re-enter via airport security checkpoint / scanners
  • Potentially there is also a change between the A and B sections of Terminal 1

If all of those things occur (which is very common apparently) it would be unreasonable to expect any passenger to be able to easily get to the second flight within 45-55 minutes (especially if you want your passengers to be at the departure gate 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, which most airlines do and in the above case would be clearly impossible).

I did phone to ask about switching our connecting flight to the next plane to allow more time, and was told we would need to pay (a lot!) to change, because 45 minutes was considered the legal minimum connection. I would beg to differ (given the above points).

Andre
Old May 29, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
Thanks Maria, Its now 2 weeks since I have submitted.
Hello kbrauneis,
please provide your Feedback ID so that I can send a reminder to my colleagues.
Maria
Old May 29, 2017, 5:04 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by kbrauneis
Thanks Maria, Its now 2 weeks since I have submitted.

Hello kbrauneis,
you can be assured that my colleagues will get back to you as soon as they have finished their internal and / or external research.
Jens
Old May 29, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by gusd
Dear Lurkers,

Do you know whether the SEN lounge on level L in MUC has reopened following the water damage? Somebody reported that the F lounge is now open. I'll be flying through MUC next week, and I prefer the T2S lounges.

Thank you.

Hello there gusd, according to my colleagues, the SEN Lounge on level L - as well as the F Lounge - have been reopened on May 25. Enjoy your stay in the lounge! Regards, Maria
Old May 29, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Hello there gusd, according to my colleagues, the SEN Lounge on level L - as well as the F Lounge - have been reopened on May 25. Enjoy your stay in the lounge! Regards, Maria
That's great to know, thank you.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:32 am

Absolutely fuming with LH at the moment. Not sure this will get us anywhere but here goes.

My husband cancelled a flight 3 weeks ago (cancelled 9th May - due to fly 1st September). At no point was he informed of any charges either before or during the cancellation process, to the contrary, he was informed by LH that flights can be cancelled and refunded up to 24 hours before take off.

To date, he has had no response other than a copy of his original invoice. He is now being told that he will receive less than a third of the money paid for his flight. LH have no doubt resold the seat so its win win for them.

As an expat working in Saudi, he is a frequent flyer on LH, as are his colleagues. I also use LH when I or family fly out to visit him. In fact on 16th June both of us are flying Manchester to Jeddah, via Frankfurt with LH but this will be the last time we ever use them having realised we have been conned and lied to. We will pay slightly more for a different airline who don't mislead customers.

Simple correct advice when cancelling would have avoided this problem. If he was told how much he would be refunded at the time of cancelling, he would have been able to make an informed decision on whether to change his flight to a different time and date.

Enjoy the money Lufthansa, it's the last you will receive from me or my family.
Old May 31, 2017, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Diane Bryan
Absolutely fuming with LH at the moment. Not sure this will get us anywhere but here goes.

My husband cancelled a flight 3 weeks ago (cancelled 9th May - due to fly 1st September). At no point was he informed of any charges either before or during the cancellation process, to the contrary, he was informed by LH that flights can be cancelled and refunded up to 24 hours before take off.

To date, he has had no response other than a copy of his original invoice. He is now being told that he will receive less than a third of the money paid for his flight. LH have no doubt resold the seat so its win win for them.

As an expat working in Saudi, he is a frequent flyer on LH, as are his colleagues. I also use LH when I or family fly out to visit him. In fact on 16th June both of us are flying Manchester to Jeddah, via Frankfurt with LH but this will be the last time we ever use them having realised we have been conned and lied to. We will pay slightly more for a different airline who don't mislead customers.

Simple correct advice when cancelling would have avoided this problem. If he was told how much he would be refunded at the time of cancelling, he would have been able to make an informed decision on whether to change his flight to a different time and date.

Enjoy the money Lufthansa, it's the last you will receive from me or my family.
Hello Diane, did your husband book and cancel his flight online via Lufthansa.com? When booking through our website, you are informed about the fare conditions, particularly in regards to the ticket´s rebooking and cancellation conditions, and you need to agree to these before purchasing the ticket. Thus, I am surprised to hear that your husband was unaware of the approximate refund amount in case of cancellation. Also, in most cases, the amount is displayed online before cancellation. If this is not possible, a pop -up indicating that a calculation of the refund amount is not possible appears. This pops up just before you decide (or not) to press the "Refund ticket(s)" button. In this case, it is always possible to give the colleagues at the Service Center a call before confirming the cancellation and have the colleagues calculate the refund amount manually. Regards, Maria
Old May 31, 2017, 7:16 am

Maria, there was no cancellation amount shown. The website and call centre staff both advised that cancellation was okay and he would be refunded. Customer service have been unable to advise how much his refund will be, they claim they aren't allowed to tell people over the phone. At no point does the website state how much any charge will be.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
today I was adding paid baggage to m my in-laws reservation and clicked the 'upgrade' button while viewing the reservation on M&M. The system displayed that they need 15000 evouchers to upgrade. Can you add this bug to the other entries?

Regards Oliver

View Screen Capture
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Diane Bryan
Maria, there was no cancellation amount shown. The website and call centre staff both advised that cancellation was okay and he would be refunded. Customer service have been unable to advise how much his refund will be, they claim they aren't allowed to tell people over the phone. At no point does the website state how much any charge will be.

Hi Diane,
I recommend you give the Technical Support team a call.
They will be able to look into this and check why the amount wasn't displayed.
Vanessa
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
today I was adding paid baggage to m my in-laws reservation and clicked the 'upgrade' button while viewing the reservation on M&M. The system displayed that they need 15000 evouchers to upgrade. Can you add this bug to the other entries?

Regards Oliver

View Screen Capture

That's our new upgrade special, Oliver! ;-)
Just kidding, of course!
Thanks for letting us know, I will forward this to Miles & More.
Vanessa
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Seat selection management

Hello

In the last month I've booked three long haul flights from LH site. While booking I had no issue in selecting a seat. However each time I try to go back I get the same error and basically can no longer make changes until online checking time.

Quite sure that in the past you could review and change seat selection without issues. Is my memory damaged?

Below what I see. Contacting the issuing office is quite strange
Attached Images  
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by sventrax
Hello

In the last month I've booked three long haul flights from LH site. While booking I had no issue in selecting a seat. However each time I try to go back I get the same error and basically can no longer make changes until online checking time.

Quite sure that in the past you could review and change seat selection without issues. Is my memory damaged?

Below what I see. Contacting the issuing office is quite strange
Hi sventrax, in this case I suggest you call the Lufthansa Technical Support. The colleagues will be able to look into this. Regards, Maria
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:20 am

Hello,

I was unable to login to my Miles n More account and via email they responded that i need to send some documents etc due to a security block. I sent last week but it is still blocked. Can you assist? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.