Does Lufthansa ever offer compensation?

Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Does Lufthansa ever offer compensation?

I flew Washington to Frankfurt Lufthansa First Class, Frankfurt to Copenhagen Lufthansa Business and Copenhagen to Dublin on SAS Business.

On the Washington leg it was a massive let down. Lounge Staff on their personal phone being rude, flight attendant shouting to another is this guy meant to be here in the first class cabin, seat was broken, flight attendant grabbed my drink mid sip. Even things such as PJ weren't matching just was not first class at all. Then 2 out of 3 bags were broken when arriving in Dublin.

I got a letter which just about apologies but offered no compensation! Is that normal for Lufthansa?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Vuzuggu
I flew Washington to Frankfurt Lufthansa First Class, Frankfurt to Copenhagen Lufthansa Business and Copenhagen to Dublin on SAS Business.

On the Washington leg it was a massive let down. Lounge Staff on their personal phone being rude, flight attendant shouting to another is this guy meant to be here in the first class cabin, seat was broken, flight attendant grabbed my drink mid sip. Even things such as PJ weren't matching just was not first class at all. Then 2 out of 3 bags were broken when arriving in Dublin.

I got a letter which just about apologies but offered no compensation! Is that normal for Lufthansa?
You might get miles for the broken seat and the cost of repairing the broken bags. You may have to contact SAS about the latter as they were the last carrier.

I don't think you'll get anything for the rude lounge staff or the loud flight attendant. AFAIK PJs for the "new First" have tops and pants in different colours.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You might get miles for the broken seat..
I wonder if that was on the brand new Birdie ???
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weero
I wonder if that was on the brand new Birdie ???
Yup it was, 1A on the B747-800i

I'm surprised with the lack of compensation. Maybe I am just used to United got $150 when I missed a flight due to check in issues, was only delayed 4 hours transatlantic so not bad at all, that was in Economy as well.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

I'm surprised with the lack of compensation.
What do you expect to be compensated for?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:22 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
What do you expect to be compensated for?
What about the broken seat?

HTB.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by htb
What about the broken seat?
I have suggested that already. The OP is likely to receive miles rather than cash.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I doubt F was full.... so why not mention this when you're actually in the seat and just change seats to get a seat that wasn't "broken". Pretty useless complaining after the fact if you were inconvenienced.
Without any more details this seems to be (another) rant were maybe expectations were a little high....For example I'm still left wondering what was wrong with the PJ's?

Last edited by RTW1; Sep 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by RTW1
I doubt F was full....
F is always full. I could not clear a single ug during my last year of LH flying. Making the evouchers essentially worthless.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:26 pm

I can tell you that Lufthansa is the worst airline when it comes to compensation. I filed a complaint a couple of years ago and never even received an answer. Ever since I have completely boycotted the airline. I will never fly Lufthansa again.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
If you complaint to LH was worded in the same way as you OP, I am not surprised that you do not get a favorable reaction. It sound like an emotional rant and lacks important details....... I would also assume it was an award given the funny routing..... So maybe in future you stick to your home carrier (UA) if they are so much better in F.....
S
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
So maybe in future you stick to your home carrier (UA) if they are so much better in F.....
S
especially their PJs...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Originally Posted by mfr2000
I can tell you that Lufthansa is the worst airline when it comes to compensation. I filed a complaint a couple of years ago and never even received an answer. Ever since I have completely boycotted the airline. I will never fly Lufthansa again.
I have complained in several occasions over the past years and have always revceived a personalized response addressing my grievances plus compensation, either miles or duty-free vouchers. However, my complaints were also detailed unlike complaint by OP. In one instance I even noticed an improvement afterwards (that was complaint about the AMS out-station and the fact that they always over-rode the blocked middle seat in Y).
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

especially their PJs...
I am going to stay quiet on this one....
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Maybe I am just used to United got $150 when I missed a flight due to check in issues, was only delayed 4 hours transatlantic so not bad at all, that was in Economy as well.
Originally Posted by mfr2000
Well, its relative. In UA you get 150-300$ vouchers thrown at you to shut up the moment you even raise your voice. A fellow FTer just got 150$ vouchers handed to him and his companion inflight because the audio on a transcon overhead CRT IFE was not working

File a detailed complaint to LH here: http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Feedb...dbackType=FBCA , lets hear what they have to say. Normally there is no comp on the spot... it all has to go thru customer relations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.