LH Fare Conditions/Rules

Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:41 am
Original Poster

LH Fare Conditions/Rules

Hi,

Is a list(Excel) of fare conditions/rules according to the corresponding booking class available? Let's take LH for example.

The information that I am looking for is:

Rebooking
Refund
Mileage Credit
Mileage Upgrade
Seat Reservation(advance booking)
Lounge Access
Check-in Options

Thanks for your feedback!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Most of this (rebooking, refund) varies from fare to fare and point of sale.
There will be millions of combinations ...
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Action_kid
Hi,

Is a list(Excel) of fare conditions/rules according to the corresponding booking class available? Let's take LH for example.

The information that I am looking for is:

Rebooking
Refund
Mileage Credit
Mileage Upgrade
Seat Reservation(advance booking)
Lounge Access
Check-in Options

Thanks for your feedback!
I think the challenge is that many of these depend not (just) on fare class but on status. So, for example lounge access is given on biz and first fares only--unless you have status, and then you get it for the lowest economy fare with the most restrictions. Same for check-in options. For seat reservations, a good travel agent (with connections or contracts) can also book a seat in advance, even on lower fares, that I can't do, even though I have status.

Refunds and rebookings are perhaps the most tied to fare class, but I know that conditions can vary by market in some cases or by "extension" (the letters and numbers after the main fare category) so not all "B" fares are refundable but most are. In other words, this would get pretty complicated pretty fast. Therefore I don't think anyone has started compiling such a spreadsheet because even though it might provide general guidelines, there would be so many exceptions that it wouldn't prove helpful and the default advice would be "read the fare rules" for YOUR particular ticket/itinerary.

I find ITA and KVS helpful for that although, even then, many companies are getting so complicated with their fares (UA comes to mind) that I'm not sure what the rules are after I have read them.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Refunds and rebookings are perhaps the most tied to fare class, but I know that conditions can vary by market in some cases or by "extension" (the letters and numbers after the main fare category) so not all "B" fares are refundable but most are.
Refunds and rebookings are certainly not tied to relevant bucket (not: fare class). A Z fare can be fully flexible whereas a D fare can be highly restricted. It all depends on the fare rules, not the bucket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.