LH check-in at VIE - time limit?

Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
LH check-in at VIE - time limit?

In a few days, I will be flying from VIE to Canada, via FRA. I will be flying on LH on the first segment, and I will be flying on AC on the second segment. I am a Star Alliance Gold member. I will be flying business class, and I will have one checked bag. What is the latest time one can check in, before departure in VIE? I plan to checkin long before that time - but I still want to know that fact.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
30 mins, more here:

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Check-in-Information
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Thanks. It looks like the bag check-in deadline is 45 minutes.

It looks like there is no change in the deadline, whether ultimate destination is a Schentgen country, or another country (such as Canada or USA).
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:08 am

For some reason, OS kiosk check-in @ VIE would not allow me to print my boarding pass for the AC flight segment in Vienna, not sure if this has changed.

In VIE I was only able to get boarding pass for the first segment only.

I had to get mine check-in and printed @ transfer point(LHR)...
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:34 am
Original Poster

I guess if I online check-in, it will be easier for me to check in the bag - even though I am a Star Alliance Gold member flying business class?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I guess if I online check-in, it will be easier for me to check in the bag - even though I am a Star Alliance Gold member flying business class?
Whether you Star Alliance, God, Silver, Bronze, Black or any other color and no matter what class of service you are flying, having completed online check in gives you, in some cases, more time to drop your luggage since in some airports the check in deadline and luggage drop off deadline are different. In VIE it is the same.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olm022
Whether you Star Alliance, God, Silver, Bronze, Black or any other color and no matter what class of service you are flying, having completed online check in gives you, in some cases, more time to drop your luggage since in some airports the check in deadline and luggage drop off deadline are different. In VIE it is the same.
Thanks.

I have just check-in, online.

Is the check-in lane for Star Alliance Golds/business class travellers the same or different than the lane for dropping of my luggage. Or to put it another way, which lane - the Star Alliance Gold/Business class lane or the drop off lane will be faster for me tomorrow?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: *G
There is a F HON SEN *G line, and a J line, and the economy line separately

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.