Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 14, 12, 4:09 pm   #1

Programs: AC SE(100K), Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Award fare upload

I'm waiting for some F award fares (O) to open up for a *alliance award trip I have upcoming and I will change my award ticket. As posted here before, based on expected load they tend to show up anywhere between 1 day and 14 days before. What I haven't been able to figure out is what time the loads are updated?

I tried to search for the answer but couldn't find it other than a somewhat related reference to midnight.

I've seen what appears to be updates at various times - is there a usual time or is it a bit of a lottery? I have seen updates around 5pm EST and 7pm EST, and later.

Last edited by tyrannical; Aug 14, 12 at 4:17 pm.
tyrannical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 4:12 pm   #2

i have been booking a ua\lh flight iad-lys-iad. i am looking nov 1. the changes are more frequent than hourly. they got a program looking at every seat.
Old Aug 15, 12, 2:09 am   #3

good lord and I am calling daily looking for 2 Business seats from FRA to ANC next year some time in June- so far no luck.....
moeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 12, 2:17 am   #4
Senior Moderator; Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2014 Secret Santa

Programs: LH SEN
The westbound TATL fare buckets are updated around noon German time, the eastbound by UA sometime noon Chicago time. The complete recalculation of a flight is done monthly till about T-1 month, then weekly till 1-2 weeks before then daily.
oliver2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 12, 9:47 am   #5

Programs: AC SE(100K), Starwood Lifetime Platinum
thank you!
tyrannical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 12, 1:41 pm   #6

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AA, HYATT DIA, HH SLV, SPG
In the past: the more advance you book your award seats the better luck you grab the desired flights.

Nowadays: it is the opposite you have to monitor the flights 2 weeks before departure to make sure you get a seat on the desired flight especially if you are looking to fly First class.

Last edited by NA-Flyer; Aug 15, 12 at 2:00 pm.
NA-Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 10:10 am   #7

Programs: LH SEN, AZ Freccia Alata Plus, BA silver
I agree, and monitoring loads will help also to understand the behaviour if F will open for awards, but as always you need to be lucky
lacoca is offline   Reply With Quote