Ticket rules / cancellation question

Subscribe
Hi All,
I need to book a one way flight with Lufthansa from the US to Germany. I was trying to find the cheapest date for a return flight and just do a no-show. But then I noticed that the Lufthansa website in some cases lets you mix cheap fares for the outbound flight with flexible, fully refundable economy fares for the return flight. Is it now possible to book this mix of fares and then just cancel the return leg after the first leg was used? Or can the ticket not be changed / cancelled anymore once parts of the ticket have been used?
Thank you!
Website says this:

Quote:
This fare is only valid if the flights are taken in the booked sequence. Otherwise the fare will be recalculated based on the actual flight routing.
So what does this mean? That's contrary to the info, that the return fare can be canceled free of charge. In my case, both bookings would be in Booking Class B. What happens if I cancel the return leg after the outbound has been used?
If you want a refund, the ticket will be recalculated based on the segments flown and you are back to the one way fare. So book a cheap return (can be from a country that has very cheap fares when you came from) and fly the outbound.
Thanks oliver. So you're saying when you cancel the flexible ticket they will recalculate the fare, but when you have a no-show on a cheap fare they will not recalculate? The T&C say in both cases they will recalculate...

Thanks!
Yes, they will recalculate, but not charge you for the additional cost. If you need money back, then the will keep it.
Hi, I have a similar problem. I will miss the first leg of a cheap non-refundable return lufthansa ticket. I can buy another single ticket for the outbound journey, no problem, but I have learnt from the travel agent that when I miss the outbound flight the return ticket will be closed and I will no longer have the return leg. Is this typical of Lufthansa? Should I believe the travel agent?
The moment you don't show up for the first segment and the flight closes, all remaining segments will cancel automatically.

PS: welcome to FT ^