Wiki Posts
Search

LH779 Sin - Fra. Lounge question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:16 am
Original Poster

LH779 Sin - Fra. Lounge question

Hi guys

Im flying from SYD next week to Fra via Sin and I have around 5 hours in Sin so I'm hoping to find a decent lounge to relax in.

Can someone let me know which lounge I'm entitled to go in? When I left Sin bound for SYD I spent a few hours in the Sq lounge would I be allowed in that again ?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Robcuk
Hi guys

Im flying from SYD next week to Fra via Sin and I have around 5 hours in Sin so I'm hoping to find a decent lounge to relax in.

Can someone let me know which lounge I'm entitled to go in? When I left Sin bound for SYD I spent a few hours in the Sq lounge would I be allowed in that again ?

Thanks in advance
Whats your class of travel, Eco/Business/First?

Do you have any status with SQ/LH or another Star Alliance partner?

If you are *G (Star Alliance Gold) then you can Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Lounge, more info here:

http://www.lufthansa.com/uk/en/Lounges
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Sorry I should have mentioned I'm in Business and I have no status.

Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Sorry I should have mentioned I'm in Business and I have no status.

Thanks
Essentially

FTL in Y - bad luck
SEN/HON in Y - KrisFlyer Gold Lounge
C - SilverKris Business Class
F - SilverKris First Class

Which isn't a bad deal at all.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Ok so it's sounds like I'll be in the same one as when I flew Sq from Sin to SYD - happy with that! Is the F lounge a lot different to the C?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
It really isn't much different just more space and quieter
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks guys! Found the info provided by the link so all good.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
It really isn't much different just more space and quieter
The really impressive lounge in SIN is for IFC passengers on SQ. They are invited to TPR (The Private Room).
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:23 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Save some time for the NZ lounge in Sydney as well. You will have access to that as well with your SQ C boarding pass. It is one of the best.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: EK Silver, LH SEN, CX Gold, UA 2P, DJ Silver, Sixt Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ted
Save some time for the NZ lounge in Sydney as well. You will have access to that as well with your SQ C boarding pass. It is one of the best.
I'd even recommend not going to the SQ lounge at all...NZ lounge is MUCH better!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The really impressive lounge in SIN is for IFC passengers on SQ. They are invited to TPR (The Private Room).
Is that International First Class lounge? Perhaps I should try and grab an invite

I guess I could start a whole new thread asking people there favourite lounge!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Is that International First Class lounge? Perhaps I should try and grab an invite

I guess I could start a whole new thread asking people there favourite lounge!
TPR is for SQ First Class Passengers only. When it first opened it was only for SQ PAID First Class Passengers only, no awards, no upgrades.

I'm afraid to say that there is almost zero chance of getting an invite in there, there have been very odd reports on SQTalk of being being guested in usually when when travelling with someone very important to SQ and only then after a discussion.

However, having been in there, it isn't actually that special a lounge unless you want to dine - in which case it is very good. The LH FCL/FCT is much better.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

In Sq lounge now waiting for the delayed SQ 232 to dept SYD. I tried to get in the NZ lounge but the lady told me I had to go in the SQ lounge!

Wasn't that bothered so just returned to the SQ lounge and there ordinary bubbly :-(. I'll have to wait till Dec when I fly out of SYD with TG
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Am I right in thinking that the OP can also use the SQ lounge in T3 at SIN (rather than the one in T2)?

On the basis he has a long layover, might that be better???
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Am I right in thinking that the OP can also use the SQ lounge in T3 at SIN (rather than the one in T2)?

On the basis he has a long layover, might that be better???
I've done it in the past without a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.