Edelweiss a340 or Austrian 777 business class

Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Edelweiss a340 or Austrian 777 business class

hi, I would welcome views on which is the best service for business class seats, edelweiss on a340 or Austrian on a 777.

I have never flown with either airline.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Their seats look similar from what I have seen online, I.e. feet in a coffin style but edelweiss looks better for couples with the seats in the centre, plus we will be travelling with an infant if that makes any difference
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Edelweiss is a holiday airline versus Austrian which is a full service / network carrier.
The seats are virtually the same, very little difference there- screens may be larger on Austrian.

Other than that, service will be similar- Edelweiss has a very nice onboard experience & so does Austrian.

If the departure point doesn't really change much for you, I would suggest taking the option with Austrian, the ground experience in Wien will be a bit better than in Zrich & the 777 has a wider cabin and larger overhead bins (you mentioned travelling with an infant....)

Have a pleasant journey
Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by tometoyou
hi, I would welcome views on which is the best service for business class seats, edelweiss on a340 or Austrian on a 777.

I have never flown with either airline.
Are you traveling alone or with someone? I ask because on the Austrian 777s, there is a single row (this would be row 8) in a 2x2x2 configuration which offers greater privacy.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I find the Austrian 777s very old and noisy. Other things being equal I would choose the A340.
MichielR and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Both are nice rides with good catering. I see little difference. Just be aware that WK is not part of *A so crediting WK to FQTV programs other than M&M as well as UA MP won't be possible.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
There is a thread on the Flight Reports forum, that includes WK ZRH-MLE segment in C. Judging just by this single report, WK soft product is awful. YMMV.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly747first
Are you traveling alone or with someone? I ask because on the Austrian 777s, there is a single row (this would be row 8) in a 2x2x2 configuration which offers greater privacy.
I will be flying with my wife and infant so I think the a340 would be best with the centre seats
Old Sep 20, 2021, 5:39 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I would choose anything on an A340 over a 772 just because the cabin on the former is much quieter and therefore a more pleasant experience. The OS 772s are old and well past their best on quite a few fronts and the noise is awful compared to newer planes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.