Search

Re-qualifications not visible anymore

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M-FQT / HHonors SLV / LHW LeadersClub
Re-qualifications not visible anymore

Hi guys

Sorry if this has been covered already on here because some members had similar stories...

But basically the its the following: I became FQT first in 2010 - so status valid till Feb 2013. In 2011 I have flown 40k Status Miles - so re-qualification of +2 years - so till Feb 2015.

My online account did reflect this properly until the big M&M server update and it went back to Feb 2013. I did call the hotline and they told me:
"yes you have re-qualified till 2015 correctly, we can see it here in the system, but what you see online is the validity of your card only. So once this card expires: the system will automatically update to 2015 and send you a new one, as we have on record that you have re-qualified properly"

Hmmm.. is it just me or is this sneaky? As a member I have bascially no way to prove this to LH...?

Is is the same for SENs?
Doesn't this fit with the rumours of LH shutting down the FQT status?
Old May 29, 2012, 4:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thomasalexandre
Hi guys

Sorry if this has been covered already on here because some members had similar stories...

But basically the its the following: I became FQT first in 2010 - so status valid till Feb 2013. In 2011 I have flown 40k Status Miles - so re-qualification of +2 years - so till Feb 2015.

My online account did reflect this properly until the big M&M server update and it went back to Feb 2013. I did call the hotline and they told me:
"yes you have re-qualified till 2015 correctly, we can see it here in the system, but what you see online is the validity of your card only. So once this card expires: the system will automatically update to 2015 and send you a new one, as we have on record that you have re-qualified properly"

Hmmm.. is it just me or is this sneaky? As a member I have bascially no way to prove this to LH...?

Is is the same for SENs?
Yes, since the IT system "upgrade" in February, the new status expiry date only displays when/after you receive new card in November. It's the same for SENs as you see here.

Where did you hear rumours that LH might discontinue the FTL status? I doubt very much that they will change the programme so the lowest status requires 100K miles even if it's every two years.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I doubt very much that they will change the programme so the lowest status requires 100K miles even if it's every two years.
Agreed. I know some customers who really go well out of their way to retain the FTL status- and given that the largest cost (presumably) is lounge access- it would be a shame to axe that. Let's hope for no changes to FTL.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi guys

Is is the same for SENs?
Hi,

same for SENs.

There were some post crossed between flozano and NewbieRunner a couple of days ago regarding this issue.

pd 3 minutes too late
Old May 29, 2012, 4:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.

Where did you hear rumours that LH might discontinue the FTL status? I doubt very much that they will change the programme so the lowest status requires 100K miles even if it's every two years.
and with lower earning rates in some fare buckets....
Old May 29, 2012, 4:21 am
Original Poster

from vielfliegertreff.de
Old May 29, 2012, 4:26 am
Original Poster

fun about this story is however that I had to burn 3 charming M&M ladies to find out...

M&M hotline Netherlands:
"please talk to my boss: I dont understand neither why it doenst show..."

M&M hotline Netherlands supervisor:
"yes its strange: it should show 2015... please call the head office in Germany... they do know more than we do"

M&M hotline Germany:
"No Sir you are wrong: you need qualify in your second year of status: the fact that you did re-qualify in 2011 does not extent your status... but if you dont believe me: I can transfer you to the FQT hotline..."

M&M FQT hotline Germany:
"Yes Sir you are right: it just doenst show in the system"

Old May 29, 2012, 4:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

fun about this story is however that I had to burn 3 charming M&M ladies to find out...

Just come to FT next time.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Keeping FT satus

Can you draw a picture for me, as I donīt get it

My M&M status is too valid for Feb2013. I earned status in 2011. No flights on 2012. What happens then? Do I still have to earn 35000 miles in this year 2012 or start again at 2013. If I start again in 2013 will my status still be FT or basic?

My M&M site tells the same as for topic starter did:

These privileges are retained as long as you earn 35,000 status miles in one of the two calendar years for which your Frequent Traveller card is valid.

To extend your Frequent Traveller status, you still need 35000 status miles or 0 flight segments in 2012.

Thanks.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien

My M&M status is too valid for Feb2013. I earned status in 2011.
Then you have re-qualified till Feb 2015 but in your online account this will only be visible once the physical card you currently have has expired.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:56 am

Thank you thomasalexandre!
Old May 29, 2012, 5:14 am

So I gained FT status in 2011 for year feb 2015, unless I donīt earn it again in 2013?
If I donīt fly 2012, then they send me basic card in 2015?
Hmmm... They also say, I have to earn status one of the two calendar years.
Messy or not.
Old May 29, 2012, 5:20 am

My M&M status is too valid for Feb2013. I earned status in 2011. No flights on 2012. What happens then? Do I still have to earn 35000 miles in this year 2012 or start again at 2013. If I start again in 2013 will my status still be FT or basic?

My M&M site tells the same as for topic starter did:

These privileges are retained as long as you earn 35,000 status miles in one of the two calendar years for which your Frequent Traveller card is valid.

To extend your Frequent Traveller status, you still need 35000 status miles or 0 flight segments in 2012.

Thanks.
If you first qualified in 2011 your status should have been valid until February 2014. If you requalified in 2011 your status should have been extended by two years.

So I gained FT status in 2011 for year feb 2015, unless I donīt earn it again in 2013?
If I donīt fly 2012, then they send me basic card in 2015?
Hmmm... They also say, I have to earn status one of the two calendar years.
Messy or not.
When did you first qualify as FTL?
Old May 29, 2012, 5:22 am

If you first qualified in 2011 your status should have been valid until February 2014. If you requalified in 2011 your status should have been extended by two years.

When did you first qualify as FTL?
During 2011. I got my first FT card in November 2011.
Old May 29, 2012, 5:23 am

Actually it was 2010.
I requalified during 2011 if I remember right... Have to check it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.