Newbie help

Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Newbie help

Hi - I can't really make sense of a lot of the info here. I usually don't fly First or Business but have an opportunity to do First for 70Kmiles but only want to do so if the seats are the better ones. Can anyone tell from this info what I will get (both on Thai and Lufthansa)? I sadly have Business class seats already on Qatar (which I hear are amazing) but for 5 days later and need now to leave sooner so have to give them up. If the seats I get for 70K aren't that great, I will just fly coach and same myself some miles.

Thanks!

Depart:
11:45 p.m.
Tue., Jul. 24, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)

Arrive:
6:00 a.m. +1 Day
Wed., Jul. 25, 2012
Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
Flight Time:
11 hr 15 mn
Flight: TG920
Operated by Thai Airways.
Aircraft: Boeing 747-400
Meal: Meal
No Special Meal Offered.
See On-Time Performance
Change Planes. Connect time in Frankfurt, Germany (FRA) is 4 hours 40 minutes.
Depart:
10:40 a.m.
Wed., Jul. 25, 2012
Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)

Arrive:
12:40 p.m.
Wed., Jul. 25, 2012
Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare)
Flight Time:
9 hr 0 mn

Travel Time:
27 hr 55 mn
Flight: LH430
Operated by Lufthansa.
Aircraft: Boeing 747-400
Meal: Meal
No Special Meal Offered.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
70k points is a no-brainer in my opinion, it will get you TG F and the F lounge at BKK, LH F and the FCL/FCT at FRA...

Disclaimer: I haven't flown TG F on this route, others can tell you more about it.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! I just Googled the FCL/FCT. All this language is new to me though I am UA Gold. I think the availability is gone now anyway. Guess that is the risk of posting. That said, I could use the miles so am fine not flying First and saving the miles. Separately, how can you tell what kind of seats you have? Am I correct in that not all the 747-400s have that new 1st class seat? It looked like Thai Air also doesn't have its better seats on all its planes so unclear if I would get that too. I flew my mom First on Thai and she had a great seat but not a "room" like someone else I met on this trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.