Is it only me? A very confused HON ...

Subscribe
Quote: LX is the airline to fly for HON. Upgrades are still possible for lower booking classes. Getting into A is no problem. They have decent F availability throughout the year. I don't have to beg for anything and I am respected as a customer - both by the management and crew.

I am not surprised that LX is constantly having a seat load factor that is 5% over LH's SLF... Congrats to the LX management that is withstanding pressure from FRA to change things to the worse.
+1 (Billion)
Quote: LX is the airline to fly for HON. Upgrades are still possible for lower booking classes. Getting into A is no problem. They have decent F availability throughout the year. I don't have to beg for anything and I am respected as a customer - both by the management and crew.

I am not surprised that LX is constantly having a seat load factor that is 5% over LH's SLF... Congrats to the LX management that is withstanding pressure from FRA to change things to the worse.
Completely agree with everything you say. LX is the only reason why I decided to requal for HON. Now if they only would start flying to ICN... sigh
Quote: Completely agree with everything you say. LX is the only reason why I decided to requal for HON. Now if they only would start flying to ICN... sigh
+ 1 & many more routes, please ^
Quote: Now if they only would start flying to ICN... sigh
Also increase back their presence in the Middle east ^
Quote: Completely agree with everything you say. LX is the only reason why I decided to requal for HON. Now if they only would start flying to ICN... sigh
LX is not the only reason I choose LH group more than enough for HON requalification- however it is the most significant reason. The management and staff are really very good. I doubt however that:

1) FRA will leave LX alone

2) Any of the small things that are being done which seriously annoy "cheap hater" or any other name you will like to call your customers who spend 80K a year with you each will really do anything to solve the fundamental problem which is that is impossible to be both an LCC and a full service carrier at the same time. Yes- the HON which are undesired will certainly go away- however given the marginal cost associated with this it may look good in a powerpoint yet won't make an inch of difference in the P&L. Just look at the situation with Germanwings and you can understand really where the problems are- and it is not with customers using the D booking guarantee twice a year to bring their wife with them on a business trip.

3) Anyone at LH group cares less what we say on the Internet or anywhere else- witness the considerable number of articles on LH recently which made international press- ZERO changes. Not even a response.

Off to another QR flight today...
Quote: Off to another QR flight today...
And that is the bottom line ^
Quote: And that is the bottom line ^
I have not been on a Lufthansa aircraft since May 27th.

QR, IB, BA/CX even KL, AZ, and DL- but not LH. I will not pay 6000 EUR for a poor seat, the cheapest food experience in C of all the carriers, NEK, and demotivated employees (it shows a lot), and the icing on the cake- a transfer in Frankfurt??

And if "Y" tickets are so useless to the LH P&L at 800 EUR for a one hour flight- OK- I can take the 300 EUR flight with IB or BA thanks.
Quote: ...and demotivated employees (it shows a lot)
i can't confirm that at all, if anything i meet a lot of LH staff that completely agrees with "us" on the current climate. i've found a lot of the pursers and FAs on recently flights making a statement in putting in extra effort to show that not all of LH is bad...
Quote: i can't confirm that at all, if anything i meet a lot of LH staff that completely agrees with "us" on the current climate. i've found a lot of the pursers and FAs on recently flights making a statement in putting in extra effort to show that not all of LH is bad...
Actually, I can second that - especially for flight crews. On some of my last flights I'd long conversations with some FAs and pursers about my decission and got more than once the feedback "we hear you, that's what we hear from others, too". Not sure if it's true, of course, but why should the lie to me?
Quote: 3) Anyone at LH group cares less what we say on the Internet or anywhere else- witness the considerable number of articles on LH recently which made international press- ZERO changes. Not even a response.
Well they actually responded to one article lately. The story about the 2 indians girls being stuck.... Great sense of priority for LH...
Quote: I have not been on a Lufthansa aircraft since May 27th.

QR, IB, BA/CX even KL, AZ, and DL- but not LH. I will not pay 6000 EUR for a poor seat, the cheapest food experience in C of all the carriers, NEK, and demotivated employees (it shows a lot), and the icing on the cake- a transfer in Frankfurt??

And if "Y" tickets are so useless to the LH P&L at 800 EUR for a one hour flight- OK- I can take the 300 EUR flight with IB or BA thanks.
based on the new business model that LH is adapting: You are catogrized by LH as someone who is looking for a low price not someone who will fly LH brand at any price.

Then LH wouldn't mind loosing your business and take away your HON card
Quote: based on the new business model that LH is adapting: You are catogrized by LH as someone who is looking for a low price not someone who will fly LH brand at any price.

Then LH wouldn't mind loosing your business and take away your HON card
I have a feeling that the group of passengers they are looking for (i.e. oblivious to market pricing) is smaller than they think it is ...
Good luck hunting though !
Quote: i can't confirm that at all, if anything i meet a lot of LH staff that completely agrees with "us" on the current climate. i've found a lot of the pursers and FAs on recently flights making a statement in putting in extra effort to show that not all of LH is bad...
I tip off my hat to any employee doing a great job and HONoring loyalty with Lufthansa. That makes the difference between a good employee and a lousy management: getting it right.

The number of HONs noting that service levels are dropping are not just anecdotal, it seems that on more and more flights HON don't get any attention anymore. I got that feedback from all HONs I know and I tested the water TXL-MUC myself and came to the same result.
Quote: I tip off my hat to any employee doing a great job and HONoring loyalty with Lufthansa. That makes the difference between a good employee and a lousy management: getting it right.

The number of HONs noting that service levels are dropping are not just anecdotal, it seems that on more and more flights HON don't get any attention anymore. I got that feedback from all HONs I know and I tested the water TXL-MUC myself and came to the same result.
You can add me to the list... Once in a while (maybe 1 out of 20 flights shorthaul) you will find a purser / crew who take the time on LH to introduce themselves and check if everything is alright and if they can do anything (which I always decline but I appreciate the effort). After all its the little things that make a difference. As it is so rare, I usually reward their efforts by sending a positive feedback letter. LX is much better in that respect.
Quote: You can add me to the list... Once in a while (maybe 1 out of 20 flights shorthaul) you will find a purser / crew who take the time on LH to introduce themselves and check if everything is alright and if they can do anything (which I always decline but I appreciate the effort). After all its the little things that make a difference. As it is so rare, I usually reward their efforts by sending a positive feedback letter. LX is much better in that respect.
In May I had excellent service on an LH longhaul flight and sent feedback to Lufthansa and also posted here on FT.

LX I usually send an email directly to the sales manager about good service and they pass it on to the appropriate employees.

When I say staff are demoralized- it does not mean they are taking it out on HON- however is does show.