Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it only me? A very confused HON ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: LH HON, Privelege Platinum
It seems OS did not change the upgrade hierarchy. A colleague of mine was upgraded yesterday from economy to Business being Senator. He had the cheapest possible economy ticket.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
back to my earlier point - in LH case: does a CEO (with a heavy financial background) love his customers OR his general ledger? Where's the balance of focus between customers vs balanced scorecard?

mfk
Looks like QF has a similar issue.....
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I guess when you keep losing money it's not a bad idea to focus heavily on the general ledger. The challenge is ofcourse to do that without impact on customers. Something more easily said than done....
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
I would never spend a single EUR on the current LH Business product if I am not getting a guaranteed upgrade to F.

LH's C would need a deep discount over competitors to make up for its shortcomings. But obviously there are still enough people around that are not interested in getting any bang for their buck...
I could not agree more .
Over 1 mill HON miles in this qualifying period , never put my foot in C long haul so far.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:13 pm

Was on LH FRA-EWR on Sunday. Fully packed flight F0,C0,Y0.
Several HON's in C

a) No greeting by Purser ( in fact I first time saw him when deplaning at EWR)
b) No preference asked before meal service by CC, only "semolina" available when it was my turn, which I did not like since I was young
c) No PA in EWR waiting for us ( useless anyway )

On the other hand when irops came up for our connecting flights due to the bad thunderstorms the two UA receptionists in the UA lounge really went extra miles to get us to airports near our final destinations. However with 45 minutes the whole departure board went from white on time to red "canceled".

Seems that they are enhancing more little things ( which not even cost a penny ) to devaluate the HON status or was it just a grumpy purser on this flight ?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Fendant
Several HON's in C

b) No preference asked before meal service by CC, only "semolina" available when it was my turn, which I did not like since I was young
LX C the other week from ZRH to EWR

a) Purser recognized me, welcomed me back and went the extra mile to ensure I'm comfortable and well looked after
b) Asked first about meal preferences - before SEN and *G
c) Delta PA whisked me through immigration and 5 minutes after deplaning I was in my car

...just to show how the HON experience could be. Hoping FRA leaves LX to stay successful and doesn't start to interfere!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: LH HON, Privelege Platinum
LX does it just perfect indeed. I never had a flight with LX in Europe in economy where the purser did not great me, offer extras... The service is consistant and you always receive what you expect. And their planes are also full.
On the other hand, with LH and OS, no consistency at all. I wrote the other day to CEO of OS among others about this lack of consistency which in my mind is terrible. I told him they should either leave it so nobody is disappointed or make sure it is implemented on 100% of the flights. I appreciated very much his answer:

"Please accept my sincere apologies if you felt that the service you were rendered by our staff on that occasion was neither adequate nor satisfactory. All Hon Circle members shall be welcomed personally on board and special care should be offered to them. High level talks within management crew will be done. I hope that your next flights will be comfortable and trouble free again and that you still choose Austrian Airlines for your trips."

Nice, isn't it! From what one can see from his actions, I am sure he will bring this company in the right directions. It might take some time, especially after the changes he has done in HR and reduced motivation of some staff, but it will get there where LX now is.

From Lufthansa, I am sure the CEO would not answer personnaly to a HON. Or am I wrong? Did any HON receive an answer from LH's CEO?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Mike Indo
LX does it just perfect indeed. I never had a flight with LX in Europe in economy where the purser did not great me, offer extras... The service is consistant and you always receive what you expect. And their planes are also full.
On the other hand, with LH and OS, no consistency at all. I wrote the other day to CEO of OS among others about this lack of consistency which in my mind is terrible. I told him they should either leave it so nobody is disappointed or make sure it is implemented on 100% of the flights. I appreciated very much his answer:

"Please accept my sincere apologies if you felt that the service you were rendered by our staff on that occasion was neither adequate nor satisfactory. All Hon Circle members shall be welcomed personally on board and special care should be offered to them. High level talks within management crew will be done. I hope that your next flights will be comfortable and trouble free again and that you still choose Austrian Airlines for your trips."

Nice, isn't it! From what one can see from his actions, I am sure he will bring this company in the right directions. It might take some time, especially after the changes he has done in HR and reduced motivation of some staff, but it will get there where LX now is.

From Lufthansa, I am sure the CEO would not answer personnaly to a HON. Or am I wrong? Did any HON receive an answer from LH's CEO?
Franz is all about lip-service. What would he be bothered if his promises are not delivered?

While it was annoying to see that on domestic and European flights both purser and crew don't seem to bother it is actually alarming that I am hearing this now from a number of HONs for international flights in C as well: no welcome, no meal preference, no assistance offered.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:26 am

Several HON's in C

On the other hand when irops came up for our connecting flights due to the bad thunderstorms the two UA receptionists in the UA lounge really went extra miles to get us to airports near our final destinations. However with 45 minutes the whole departure board went from white on time to red "canceled".

Seems that they are enhancing more little things ( which not even cost a penny ) to devaluate the HON status or was it just a grumpy purser on this flight ?
YMMV (especially with regard to LX and OS) but in my experience it's a sneaky but steady devaluation of HON status:

--The level of service by LH pursers on TATL flights has become unpredictable (meaning an overall substantial deterioration in both greeting and in leadership of the cabin crew, even by women pursers; the men are almost invariably sub-par) since the beginning of 2011.

--It's been a long time since an FA asked me beforehand for my meal preferences, although my choice has always been available.

--Whatever seat-blocking possibly existed in the past has disappeared.

--Judging by a recent experience at the FCT I imagine LH is again actively considering whether to ban HONs in whY from the FCT.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
When reading all this one could think, CO/UA and LH had a worst practice exchange
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:41 pm

Mamb0 unfortunately you are spot on. I fully agree to the statement of freindlyconfines, the level of service on TATL filights seems to be constantly declining since two years. Maybe US/UA complained to Lufti to narrow the gap between the carriers and Lufty agreed.

LH Service on Asian routes is in IMHO much better ( still ? )
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:05 pm

Maybe US/UA complained to Lufti to narrow the gap between the carriers and Lufty agreed.
and how would that matter with the revenue sharing already in place!?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:21 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Just flown RUH-MUC in Y. Very uncomfortable in the new seats. Now on an Augsburg Airways flight to VIE. Seats are much wider and more comfortable. They should use Augsburg Airways to the Middle East. Flight from RUH was empty in all classes. Purser said hello and hoped that I would enjoy the new Y seats. I would have enjoyed an upgrade but there you go
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mamb0
When reading all this one could think, CO/UA and LH had a worst practice exchange
Agreed.

Fly QR or BA and you will really shake your head as to why you gave all your business to LH.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by alfahund
East. Flight from RUH was empty in all classes. Purser said hello and hoped that I would enjoy the new Y seats. I would have enjoyed an upgrade but there you go
I think very soon LH will drop MUC-RUH-MUC service soon. The flight flies most of the times empty and now BA will deploy 744 to RUH in order to combat LH expansion there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.