DFW Intl to Dom LH-UA connection time?

Subscribe
I have not been able to find this question elsewhere on FT, if it has been asked and answered before, my apologies.

I will be flying into DFW on LH. It has a scheduled arrival time of 14:15. I am looking at booking UA to IAH (departure time of 16:33). Will that be enough time to go through passport control, baggage claim, recheck baggage, etc? I am a US citizen.
I normally fly direct to IAH and the lines at immigration for the afternoon flights can be an absolute nightmare, and wonder if the same is true at DFW. Really don't want to miss my connection.
Thanks
You should be fine. There is a DFW-IAH flight about every hour as well
Thanks for the info.
I will book the UA flight through the LH website. Any idea if it is possible to have luggage checked all the way through to IAH, if I show them the onward ticket at check-in at LHR? My 1st ticket is LHR-FRA-DFW. My 2nd ticket will be DFW -IAH.
Depends on the Terminal situation at DFW (which I'm not familiar with).
Certainly, you'll need to reclaim your bag to take it through Immigration, if it's tagged through (no reason it couldn't be from LHR) you can normally just put it on a conveyor for onward flights after Customs, but if UA use a different Terminal, you'll probably have to carry it to a desk there yourself...
You will arrive at D terminal, the international terminal at DFW. UA flies out of E terminal. There is a SkyLink train that goes between the terminals, the problem is that it's airside.

I've never done Intl-Dom at DFW, used to live there and terminated/started a lot of trips there. I'd say it's best if you make sure you stay airside, otherwise you'll have to go out into the blast furnace that is Texas in the summer, get on a shuttle, and go between terminals that way.