Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Business Lounge access on award ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:02 am

As long as your flying J you'll get access to the business lounge
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WestAust
As long as your flying J you'll get access to the business lounge
Only by J?
What about C, D, I, Z? Mine is I
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: UA *Gold (1 MM)
Originally Posted by Kat007
Only by J?
What about C, D, I, Z? Mine is I
Many posters use "J" as a shorthand way of describing business class. The "I" class is an award, but it is still business class and provides lounge access.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: US Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premium
Airport hotels at FRA for long layover

Hi folks!

I've seen quite a bit of information on exploring Frankfurt and other places during long layovers but I haven't found anything in my forum searches about layover hotel options. We have a 12 hour layover (arrive 5:30am, depart 5:30pm) and despite having access to the business lounges we definitely want to get out of the airport for some fresh air. I thought it might be nice to get a hotel so that we could take a good nap post arrival or pre departure but I haven't found any good hourly hotels in FRA. I'm Hilton Blue and Starwood Gold so I think I would be able to get an early check in at the hotel properties at the airport...but 6am is quite a bit of an early check in.

Does anyone have experience with early check in at the Hilton FRA or Sheraton FRA? Are there other hotels I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by Zaragoza
Hi folks!

I've seen quite a bit of information on exploring Frankfurt and other places during long layovers but I haven't found anything in my forum searches about layover hotel options. We have a 12 hour layover (arrive 5:30am, depart 5:30pm) and despite having access to the business lounges we definitely want to get out of the airport for some fresh air. I thought it might be nice to get a hotel so that we could take a good nap post arrival or pre departure but I haven't found any good hourly hotels in FRA. I'm Hilton Blue and Starwood Gold so I think I would be able to get an early check in at the hotel properties at the airport...but 6am is quite a bit of an early check in.

Does anyone have experience with early check in at the Hilton FRA or Sheraton FRA? Are there other hotels I should consider?

I did once an early check in at the Sheraton at FRA, it was probably before 8 am, and I did not have any problem, but I guess it depends on the availability of the day. You should have good chances to get your room, being a large hotel with a lot of people checking out for early flhgts. Sheraton FRA has a day rate which is better than the regular rate.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:29 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zaragoza
Hi folks!

The Sheraton has day use rooms at EUR 149 which you can have between 08:00 and 18:00.

The Hilton may also have similar facilities.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: US Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premium
Thanks NewbieRunner and afmiami for your responses! It looks like we'll get a day use room at the Sheraton. I appreciate the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.