Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying in 2 days name issue on the ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Flying in 2 days name issue on the ticket?

Helo folks.

I booked a trip to USa from Turkey (roundtrip) and i just noticed that my wife's name is written as

Ceylanmrs Sekerci

Ceylan is the first name
Sekerci is the last name

appereantly the mrs got next o my wife's first name.

Will this be an issue?

Mrs Ceylan Sekerci had to be the normal writing.

There is no problem with my name though on the tickets.

EDIT : I also have tickets with United Airlines for travels between San Francisco - Los Angeles and Las Vegas - New York.

Same issue applies.

All the tickets are bought under 1 booking number and Ceylanmrs Sekerci is always written the same for each booking.

Last edited by iardas; Jun 17, 2012 at 5:17 pm
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:42 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
She should be fine. My name is always spelled with MS or MRS after my first name on LH/LX boarding passes: Lastname/FirstnameMS

You may also want to check these threads which confirm she shouldn't have any problem. It looks like her name is spelled correctly anyway!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...e-eticket.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ticket-ok.html
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
They ALWAYS do this to me. Do they do it to all females? No, there is no problem. No one has ever even said anything. Must be something that happens all the time.

Originally Posted by iardas
Helo folks.

I booked a trip to USa from Turkey (roundtrip) and i just noticed that my wife's name is written as

Ceylanmrs Sekerci

Ceylan is the first name
Sekerci is the last name

Will this be an issue?

EDIT : I also have tickets with United Airlines for travels between San Francisco - Los Angeles and Las Vegas - New York.

Same issue applies.

All the tickets are bought under 1 booking number and Ceylanmrs Sekerci is always written the same for each booking.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by iardas
Helo folks.

Ceylanmrs Sekerci

Ceylan is the first name
Sekerci is the last name

Will this be an issue?

Same issue applies.

no worries. I am ALWAYS DennisMr, never ever had a problem.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Thank you guys

I was just worried there for a second.

Yes her name is spelled correcty and so is mine, the only issue is the MRS title next to her name but it seems that this will not be a problem.

I hope this will not be a problem with United Airlines as well.

Our trip is

Turkey - Munih
Munich - San Francisco

both with Lufthansa

than

San Francisco - Los Angeles
Las Vegas - New York

both with United Airlines.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
As others have confirmed they always put MR, MRS, MS, etc. after the first name without any space. It looks odd but there's nothing to worry about.

Welcome to FT, iardas!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had this problem, and so have my colleagues, on several different occasions.

Just don't mention anything to anyone and you will be fine.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:05 am
Original Poster

@ NewbieRunner

Thank you for the links. I am glad that I have no misspelling on my ticket. I cant believe such small issues sometimes become giant problems on some other occacions but it seems that most of the time they wont be problems anyhow.

Also thanks for the welcomming
@ peachfront

Lol I am glad that you always had this problem and nothing happened so far. A regular person with common sense should always understand that but in the past i had my share of some bad airline empolyees.

@ lufthansaflyer

I am glad that nothing ever happened to you too with that problem.

@ travelsig.

I am just gonna go the the kiosk and get my tickets and board the plane. Will not tell anyone about the mrs after my wife's first name.

Again thank you guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.