Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:13 pm

My opinion: Front row of Y on the RIGHT hand side would be the fastest. This is because when 2 jetways are used, the left hand aisle will be blocked and held back for passengers from the upper deck to disembark. Passengers using the right hand aisle can go forward and disembark via the first door.

All jetways would be forward of Y seating area.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by 8420PR
My opinion: Front row of Y on the RIGHT hand side would be the fastest. This is because when 2 jetways are used, the left hand aisle will be blocked and held back for passengers from the upper deck to disembark. Passengers using the right hand aisle can go forward and disembark via the first door.

All jetways would be forward of Y seating area.
Thanks, that's exactly the sort of info I was looking for, and I won't hold you responsible when the stars line up the wrong way and things end up otherwise.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
I flew in 84K on FRA-IAD and it was not bad, but the bulkhead with magazines and newspapers in front of me was a bit bothersome. Would 83K for my next flight to JNB be a better option? What about overhead bin space, since I will be traveling with hand luggage only?
Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Had 1A last week FRA-EWR. Excellent flight and excellent service. No issues with cabin temps. I did not find the crew accessing the front closet for bedding at all annoying and we were 5 pax in the F cabin. When it was time to slumber the purser suggested that he should make up 1K for me as it was unoccupied. Talk about German efficiency!! ^

Worst I can say is that two ME passengers traveling together were in 3A/K and seemed to be constantly talking rather loudly to each other across the cabin, even though 3D/G were empty and they could have easily sat next to each other. It did not bother me much in 1A as I really only noticed it when I walked back to the locker or the lav, but I am sure 2A/K could not have been overjoyed by the rudeness.

SunLover
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: AS MVP,SPG GOLD,UA,AA,Kirs, IHG Plat
747-8 upper deck

Originally Posted by JohnRain
My favourite seat by far: 83K
Upper Deck, window seat, storage bins, as far away from the front lav as possible and no one behind you (because of the exit row).

How hard is it to get out from window seat if the passenger in the aisle is sleeping?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:35 am

747-8 upper deck seat question

How hard is it to get out from window seat if the passenger in the aisle is sleeping? is there any advantage doing this from row 84? THANKS!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Plenty of room to get out of a window seat from row 84...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:44 am

I've been on the UD during the day this is my 1st time on night flight and wondering if I to take 84 window or main cabin middle section aisle since I tend to go to restroom a lot.....
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JMM58
How hard is it to get out from window seat if the passenger in the aisle is sleeping? is there any advantage doing this from row 84? THANKS!
Originally Posted by geo1005
Plenty of room to get out of a window seat from row 84...
It might depend on how long your legs are.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:30 am

LH 747-8i Economy Power Location

Where are the power ports on the LH 748i's placed in economy? I know that they are shared between seats. Also is it only an USB port, an full AC or both combined into one? If full AC is it full 220v or 120v? Are they under the shared armrest or between the seat backs? How many ports do the three seat sections get? I am guessing two.

I have searched this forum and online and could not find much. Just some conflicting reports on if it is an USB or AC port. Thanks LH experts for your help.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its both USB (in the seat armrest) and regular 110V US/EU power plug under the seat, two for 3 seats.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its both USB (in the seat armrest) and regular 110V US/EU power plug under the seat, two for 3 seats.
Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Recently flew ICN-FRA 83A/83C. I agree with the other posters about it being away from the lavs and if you want to stand up during the trip then it's nice to have the emergency exit space to stand up out of the aisle. The only downside is the oxygen is stored in the overhead above these seats. (There was plenty of available space nearby). The storage bin next to the A seat was perfect for a backpack or soft bag.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

I'm flying on 5/12 from EWR to FRA on a 747-8 and are on the fence on where to sit.
UD window sounds appealing > but I would have to step ver someone. How full is the UD on a 6pm flight on a Thursday? Is row 84 providing an easier step over room? Or should I go with row 88 .... and hope that no one would prefer to sit in an isle seat in the last row
Main deck ... one of the middle seats sounds good as they seem to be roomier.
So what to do? UD and hoping no one sits next to me?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:24 pm

Flying J on LH departing late from BOM (2:55 AM departure) on 747-8. After boarding, would like to sleep, so would prefer minimal disturbance. I'm thinking that upper deck would be better & that too a window seat in the second section (between rows 84-88). Thoughts? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.