Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by gq_dq
Really, this is indeed the first and pretty show-stopping mystery. Immigration would simply not have allowed OP to exit immigration and just walk on to the next flight. They would have held him+family in the secure Immigration area while the crew searched the plane... it would have been a pretty easy search.
If he is citizen of a schengen country he could have entered with his ID. Since his home location seems to BRU, I would place my bet on this.

Although it is expensive and takes up to 4 days, the second I would have realized my pp is lost, I would have tried to get a new express passport, even though I have a second pp.
My expectations towards any lost&found service is pretty low and that is the one thing that frightens me the most. Being stranded either abroad or at home because of lost papers.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: SEN, FB PLT, HH,
indeed as you wrote we pass with our EU ID and that was the reason Y we didnt saw that we miss our Passports.

If no other choice I will went to the police and cancel the Passports but for sure I prefer to have the original back.

my question is if there is any LH person which can give a push in FRA to check better the matter since one of the cleaning people hold my Passports in his hands so it should be somewhere.

I contacted till now BRU-FRA and TLV.

Thanks to ypu all.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Thisg is, briefly, nonsense. Pm if you want an elaboration. This is a clear fraud!

In Any case cancel your passports at once and report TH above to your national authorities as well.

Last edited by rathin100; Oct 14, 2012 at 7:44 pm
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by rathin100
Thisg is, briefly, nonsense. Pm if you want an elaboration. This is a clear fraud!

In Any case cancel your passports at once and report TH above to your national authorities as well.
Fraud in what capacity? If they were indeed stolen wouldn't that be a felony? Unless someone tries to use them then I see where fraud has the potential to be committed.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I do not know which country OP is from, but most countries ask people to cancel lost passports as soon as the loss is discovered. Not doing so is in many countries considered as a breach of law.
OP, you must notify your country's authorities and cancel your current passports as soon as possible!!!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:28 pm

I left my ipad on a LH flight for the 2nd time last night. Oops. Both times it was lost landing on BLR.

Not sure if this will help but both times, I first emailed the airport lost and found, which did not result in anything. Then I called the LH airport number and found the item. Picking up the ipad for the 2nd time tomorrow.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:08 pm
jog

Programs: LH FT, AB Gold, bahn.comfort
Thumbs down

Landed at 5.30am in FRA on Tuesday. Forgot my camera on (!) my business class seat, I left the aircraft as last passenger so no other passenger can have taken it, I noticed it 3 minutes after leaving the aircraft, the door to the gate was closed already and no one was available that I could contact anywhere between the door to the gate and passport control (service center was still closed), I contacted the baggage tracing staff 10 minutes later, they simply said, they have no one that can go to the aircraft before 7 am and the aircraft will be cleaned by that time. Only thing I could do would be contacting FRA lost & found. I had the Welcome lounge staff send them a fax immediately and I send an email in addition. Today I got an answer to my email that no camera has been found. For me this feels like robbery. All my vacation pictures are lost

Last edited by jog; Oct 21, 2012 at 12:28 am
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: SEN, FB PLT, HH,
Finally, I got all Passports back and valid.

To help other people if needed here are the procedures.

All lost items in FRA either lost in airport (small chance to get back) or in plane by cleaning staff ( big chances to get it back) are collected to the FRA lost and found center there you can get your items back by DHL when you pay the shipment cost (reply is slow but once they reply they work quick).

Except for Passports, those should be delivered immediately to the airport police and they send it back to the embassy of the country owned the Passports.

So in my case I put some pressure on the right persons in FRA and LH and learn that my bag and Passports are found and that the Passports are on the way to the embassy, to my luck I contact the embassy before they receive the Passports from the police and avoid the cancellation of the Passports.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:58 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Good to know, thanks. ^
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

Hello,

I left a very nice umbrella when I got off the second flight on the brand new Lufthansa 747-8i FRA-IAD-FRA turnaround inaugural flights.

I was up to see the flight deck and talk with the captains after we had landed at Frankfurt airport and all the passengers had come off the aircraft.

I realized I left my umbrella after some time in the Senator lounge but it was too late to go back to the plane. They had taken her off the gate and back to the hangar.

I remember where I left the umbrella, upstairs near the aircraft stairs. I did not want be encumbered while visiting the pilots.

I have contacted the Frankfurt airport Lufthansa lost and found via their email address giving them all the details. I never received any answer. Nothing. I emailed again some time later and still no answer came.

I liked my good old umbrella, so big and strong. Good thing I had it during layover time as I went to the Air and Space Museum and the weather was atrocious. Much wind and rain.

Any chance I might still get it back?

Is there a better contact than the one I had previously?

Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:14 am

Hello,

I forgot my Ipad on a lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Oslo. LH864 06.11.12.

I realised I forgot the pad less then 5 minutes after leaving the plane, and I ran back, sadly I was one of the last to leave the plane, so the doors back to the plane were all locked. Then I went to the servicecenter for luggage at the airport, they tried to send someone back to the plane to pick it up. Since this was the last flight that day, the plane was allready locked when they got there. I was then told by the airportpersonell that this was no problem, and that the cleaningpersonell would find it and I could pick it up at the lost and found next morning.

Sadly, the cleaningpersonell did not find anything on the plane (atleast they have not given anything to the lost and found...), and I am afraid it has stayed onboard on the flight back to Frankfurt the next morning, or even longer to Berlin Tegel.

So far I`ve been in contact with lost and found in Oslo, Frankfurt and Berlin, sadly none of theese have got my Ipad. I have also e-mailed [email protected], but they have not answered yet. Right now they seem like my last hope... Is there anything else I can do? Any tips?

I agree with many of the others here, feels soo frustrating beeing soo close to your own belongings, and not beeing able to get them!

By the way, thanks for a great forum. Found alot of usefull links and phonenumbers reading this thread. Sadly none of them have gotten my iPad back yet...
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by TwinOtter
Hello,

I forgot my Ipad on a lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Oslo. LH864 06.11.12.

I realised I forgot the pad less then 5 minutes after leaving the plane, and I ran back, sadly I was one of the last to leave the plane, so the doors back to the plane were all locked. Then I went to the servicecenter for luggage at the airport, they tried to send someone back to the plane to pick it up. Since this was the last flight that day, the plane was allready locked when they got there. I was then told by the airportpersonell that this was no problem, and that the cleaningpersonell would find it and I could pick it up at the lost and found next morning.

Sadly, the cleaningpersonell did not find anything on the plane (atleast they have not given anything to the lost and found...), and I am afraid it has stayed onboard on the flight back to Frankfurt the next morning, or even longer to Berlin Tegel.

So far I`ve been in contact with lost and found in Oslo, Frankfurt and Berlin, sadly none of theese have got my Ipad. I have also e-mailed [email protected], but they have not answered yet. Right now they seem like my last hope... Is there anything else I can do? Any tips?

I agree with many of the others here, feels soo frustrating beeing soo close to your own belongings, and not beeing able to get them!

By the way, thanks for a great forum. Found alot of usefull links and phonenumbers reading this thread. Sadly none of them have gotten my iPad back yet...
Do you have that "Find my Iphone" app that also works on iPads? (the english name might be slightly different of that app) Anyway, it is a great tool to actually find out where your tool currently is. You might want to do that before the battery dies, this way, you know who do deal with (FRA, OSL, TXL)

Welcome to Flyertalk by the way and I hope you will get your gadget back!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 7:09 am

Yes, have the app on the pad... but sadly I did not activate it! I know that is really, really, really stupid!
So no good ways of tracking the pad.

Talked to the people who cleaned the plane in OSL today, they had not found anything, so there is good chances that the pad flew back to FRA. Hopefully it is in the Lufthansa system, and they are just slow to answer on e-mails...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:33 am

left item onboard Lufthansa, HELP!

I left my iPad 2 onboard a Lufthansa flight from Seoul to Frankfurt last week. Anyone have any good contact info for the best person to talk to? I just sent an email to the Frankfurt airport Lost and Found. Just called the US # for Lufthansa help and left a message. Help!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:18 am

Left item on board at FRA - LH855 - help please

When travelling from Helsinki to Frankfurt by LH855 on 12/January/2013 at 6.35 AM, I have misplaced my mobile in and around the seat location. Please let me know ASAP there is a pointer to help me out to get my mobile back, I have sent mail to [email protected] but no reply yet. I am sure enough that the mobile is missed in the flight and when I reported the same to boarding point just 10 mins after the arrival they said they haven't found any. Please help me on this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.