Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Slightly offtopic - I saw a billboard at BRU today announcing the opening of the connector in 2015. Wasn't it supposed to open this year already?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by gojko88
Slightly offtopic - I saw a billboard at BRU today announcing the opening of the connector in 2015. Wasn't it supposed to open this year already?
No, new SN lounge this year, connector opening beginning 2015.
If running according to plan, the structure should be finished in May, then the work on the interior can start.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ghentleman
No, new SN lounge this year, connector opening beginning 2015.
If running according to plan, the structure should be finished in May, then the work on the interior can start.
Let's hope it is more on time than FRA a+ and Berlin.... and certainly better than Doha!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Don't worry, it's the Belgians doing the work, not the Germans.

(doomsday definitely approaching fast)
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:34 am

Following up on the SN lounge renovation at BRU (Schengen / A Gates). The old lounge is now closed, a temporary lounge has been set up on level 0 near Gate 39. They moved the furniture from the old one. It has a more modern feel but very cramped: seats very close together. I estimate the entire size is half of the old lounge. With the Diamond lounge also closed, I have a feeling this will get very crowded. *G better use the SAS Lounge (at the usual location). The lounge itself is quite well indicated, but the move was not. I found myself at the top of the escalator going to Level 2, only to find a closed lounge with a paper sign.
This arrangement will last until Fall 2014, when the new lounge is supposed to open at the old location.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:04 am

Following up on the SN lounge renovation at BRU (Schengen / A Gates). The old lounge is now closed, a temporary lounge has been set up on level 0 near Gate 39.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out this week. While I like the SAS lounge, I find the food & drink offer in the SN lounge to be better.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
The lounge itself is quite well indicated, but the move was not. I found myself at the top of the escalator going to Level 2, only to find a closed lounge with a paper sign.
This arrangement will last until Fall 2014, when the new lounge is supposed to open at the old location.
My SN print-your-own BP mentions the temp lounge at A39. If this is half the size of the old lounge, it is a recipe for disaster as the old lounge was already full at peak times. Oh well, only a few SN/BRU flights until the Fall... I never expected much from the BRU lounges anyway.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:28 pm

I was in the BRU lounge on April 18, and nearly missed by LH flight BRU-FRA. 20 minutes before departure, the flight screen says boarding not started yet. 16 minutes before departure, the screen says boarding. I take my stuff and the screen immediately says final call. The screen says walking time to the gate is 1 minute. I run, but it's not anywhere near 1 minute. It's going around, then up the escalator, then a long walk, and by the time I reached the gate they were going to close. I was the last passenger to board, the door closed behind me and we departed right away.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The food in the SAS Lounge is pathetic. Just som leftover cold cuts, week old toast and vegetable sticks. I imagine this is how United Clubs are like.

On the plus side they do have Leffe (both the Blonde and Brune) which the SN Lounge lacks, and some tasty snacks with Heinz cocktail sauce to go along with your beer.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by LH4116
On the plus side they do have Leffe (both the Blonde and Brune) which the SN Lounge lacks, and some tasty snacks with Heinz cocktail sauce to go along with your beer.
At the "new" temporary lounge there are 4 taps: 2 Leffe, Stella and Hoegaarden. I don't know whether the 2 Leffe are two different varieties.
For catering, the SN lounge, even in this form, is a million times better than SK's.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by echino
I was in the BRU lounge on April 18, and nearly missed by LH flight BRU-FRA. 20 minutes before departure, the flight screen says boarding not started yet. 16 minutes before departure, the screen says boarding. I take my stuff and the screen immediately says final call. The screen says walking time to the gate is 1 minute. I run, but it's not anywhere near 1 minute. It's going around, then up the escalator, then a long walk, and by the time I reached the gate they were going to close. I was the last passenger to board, the door closed behind me and we departed right away.
Noticed this too: going from boarding to last call very quickly. Now aggravated by the new location of the lounge: the walking time is from the old lounge location, not from the temporary one, which is one floor down.
No need however to go back and take the escalator or elevator near the café: there is also an escalator near gate 35: coming out of the lounge, turn right, then immediately left, the escalator is in front of you (behind the hordes of Ryanair pax) http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/cf/.../en/termmapnol
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LH4116
Just som leftover cold cuts, week old toast and vegetable sticks. I imagine this is how United Clubs are like.
That would be heaven in a UCC. Normally they only have dry snacks and some carrots with a chemical sauce.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
That would be heaven in a UCC. Normally they only have dry snacks and some carrots with a chemical sauce.
You forgot about the plastic wrapped cheese. Or is it cheese wrapped plastic?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
What a disaster this temp lounge is. If the old lounge was often full at peak times, this one is worse: it is less than half the size of the other one.

There are no desks and upon quick inspection no sockets anywhere to be found.

Staff encouraged pax to visit the SK lounge so I did. Note: don't be surprised if SK have exceptional profits this and next quarter. They have a full lounge - and it is bigger than the temp SN lounge.

The only good news is that it will last "only" six months and that post renovation there will be more than one lounge. Probably C and SEN/*G lounges.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Any plans for a proper HON lounge like in VIE? Just mentioning VIE because that is an airport with a HON lounge that has no LH Group First Class flights.

BRU must have a decent local base of HONs, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.