BRU choice of lounges: 3 SN vs SAS

Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
unless SN plans to get some more floor space in the terminal I doubt they can improve the lounges.
They say the lounges would double in size, so they will most likely be able to get extra space...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I see where you can expand a bit around the sunrise lounge, but where is the space to expand the existing lounge(s)?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
The press release in Dutch says that the lounge in Pier A will double in size (so not all 3 lounges will double in size). I also don't see where they would get the space from, except when they would merge with the Diamond lounge...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If its the Pier A lounge then my guess is:

- move the diamond lounge to the former Alitalia lounge space
and /or
- move IB into the SAS lounge and make a joint *A lounge
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If its the Pier A lounge then my guess is:

- move IB into the SAS lounge and make a joint *A lounge
This is my thinking as well- consolidate the *A lounges at BRU.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Real Enhancement? New lounges in BRU

I am not familiar with lounges at Brussels at all. Which airlines, Star and others, do have a lounge in Brussels? I'm surprised to see that SAS has one, and that the Diamond lounge is still around.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I am not familiar with lounges at Brussels at all. Which airlines, Star and others, do have a lounge in Brussels? I'm surprised to see that SAS has one, and that the Diamond lounge is still around.
Diamond Lounges in A and B, SAS and Iberia in A, Brussels in A, B and "T" (Sunrise Lounge, mainly for departures to Africa). BA and Jet have their own lounge in B. Most lounges also open to relevant alliance partners.
http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/pas...rport/lounges/
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ghentleman
Diamond Lounges in A and B, SAS and Iberia in A, Brussels in A, B and "T" (Sunrise Lounge, mainly for departures to Africa). BA and Jet have their own lounge in B. Most lounges also open to relevant alliance partners.
http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/pas...rport/lounges/
There was an Alitalia lounge as well but I take it from this thread it may have closed? There must be some type of Skyteam option in Schengen or ??

Anyway for STAR the SAS lounge always gives me a laugh where there ominous warning signs near the toaster (something to the effect of do not use this machine for anything except to toast bread) which always make me wonder what a customer or customers attempted to use it for?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:05 pm

Real Enhancement? New lounges in BRU

Thanks, very interesting. For some reason I thought the diamond lounge was an old BMI lounge.

One more question if I may: do the Brussels Airlines lounges have separate sections for business/FTL, SEN, HON? What are they like compared to the lounges of Lufthansa in Germany, of LX in Switzerland, and of Austrian in Vienna?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Anyway for STAR the SAS lounge always gives me a laugh where there ominous warning signs near the toaster (something to the effect of do not use this machine for anything except to toast bread) which always make me wonder what a customer or customers attempted to use it for?
Well there is a sign on the toaster at the SAS Gold Lounge in Arlanda that says "please help the bread get out of this machine, by pulling this lever". Always gives me a chuckle. And yes that toaster takes forever.

One more question if I may: do the Brussels Airlines lounges have separate sections for business/FTL, SEN, HON? What are they like compared to the lounges of Lufthansa in Germany, of LX in Switzerland, and of Austrian in Vienna?
I do recall there only being a common Brussels Airlines Business lounge for all passengers. I've only tried the Schengen lounge in BRU and it was far below the standards of even the most basic LH Business lounge. Only food on offer was bread, cubes of cheese, salami, pickles and soup. Drinks selection was poor too.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Thanks, very interesting. For some reason I thought the diamond lounge was an old BMI lounge.

There is only one lounge and no separate sections. And SN allow their BFlex Y pax access for 15. Believe it or not, but I have seen quite a few pax pay to enter these dumpzones which SN calls lounges.

SN still have a long way to go to meet the parent company standards (or should I say that the parent company standards still have a long way to drop?).

A separate SEN/*G Lounge would make sense indeed.

The diamond lounge is the contract lounge, you may have it confused as BD's FFP was called Diamond Club. BD actually had their own nice lounge at BRU until they ceased flying there.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by LH4116
I do recall there only being a common Brussels Airlines Business lounge for all passengers. I've only tried the Schengen lounge in BRU and it was far below the standards of even the most basic LH Business lounge. Only food on offer was bread, cubes of cheese, salami, pickles and soup. Drinks selection was poor too.
Hmm. Seems to be a BENE (not sure about -LUX) thing to have very poor lounge food with cheese, pickles and soup, at least it reminds me of the food at KLM Crown Lounge in AMS.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:09 pm

This is how the entrance to the A lounge looks, diamond lounge to the right:

Entrance:

Inside:

Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:10 pm

Diamond lounge:

Iberia and SAS:
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:12 pm

IB is host to TP and AY

AZ lounge is closed:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.