Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LH Ad campaign motto: 'Nonstop you'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Germany love short claims in english they can understand.
Reminds me of the tag line used by a Japanese cosmetics company in the 70s: "For beautiful human life".
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:04 am

Germany love short claims in english they can understand.
That's not true, most Germans do not understand english claims and also most Germans do not like them. Most companys here in Germany now uses German claims, english claims are outdatet.

VW: Das Auto
BMW: Freude am Fahren
McDonalds: Ich liebe es
Douglas macht das Leben schöner

usw.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Some (misunderstood) examples of the past:

Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by htb
I'm sure the slogan doesn't mean anything in real English. But as a German I can imagine that it will be a big hit.

"nonstop" has a positive meaning as used in "nonstop flight / Nonstop-Flug" (as opposed to "direct flight"). It's not used in any other context in German, as far as I can see.

"you" implies that it's all about YOU.

So the slogan puts "you" in the vicinity of something positive "nonstop", implying that LH is careing about YOU NONSTOP. Add to that the pictures of the young people in the adds and you can see what kind of people they are addressing.

HTB.
Ohh. It finally makes sense to me...

Before, I was a bit because when I fly Lufthansa, I'm always connecting in either FRA or MUC...
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:46 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Thank you for the great list

Some (misunderstood) examples of the past:

Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
"Irish Mist" deoderant was also launched in Germany but was for unknown reasons not very popular !
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by htb
I'm sure the slogan doesn't mean anything in real English. But as a German I can imagine that it will be a big hit.

"nonstop" has a positive meaning as used in "nonstop flight / Nonstop-Flug" (as opposed to "direct flight"). It's not used in any other context in German, as far as I can see.

"you" implies that it's all about YOU.

So the slogan puts "you" in the vicinity of something positive "nonstop", implying that LH is careing about YOU NONSTOP. Add to that the pictures of the young people in the adds and you can see what kind of people they are addressing.

HTB.

Thanks. To me it just seems like two positive words put together without making much sense.

Will this be used in the US and other English speaking countries?

I travel to Germany a fair amount and am always surprised how many slogans/advertisements have English in them. Skimming through my freundin's Cosmo, there are lots of ads that are partially or totally in English.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
The FA actually looks OK. No need for a Bäh next to her.
Yes, in the picture maybe - but it speaks of the general population of LH FAs - bäh is more like it!

Only one has been actual eye-candy that I have found on my travels aboard LH...but QR had quite a few staying in my SIN hotel - almost *all* were awesome.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Rambuster
did you apply for a job at LH as new Chef of Marketing?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:52 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
...but QR had quite a few staying in my SIN hotel - almost *all* were awesome.
I don't know about QR, but on Singapore Airlines the hiring practices (e.g. inspecting the applicant's face "could this be a pimple!?") and the pressure excerted on flying staff concerning their weight (they get into trouble if their uniforms don't fit within a period of a few years!) are inhuman. I'm not really sure customers should support this kind of selection any more these days. Recommending and selecting airlines based on how beautiful their (mainly female) staff appears strikes me as extremely sexist each and every time I read about it on this board.

HTB.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by htb
I don't know about QR, but on Singapore Airlines the hiring practices (e.g. inspecting the applicant's face "could this be a pimple!?") and the pressure excerted on flying staff concerning their weight (they get into trouble if their uniforms don't fit within a period of a few years!) are inhuman. I'm not really sure customers should support this kind of selection any more these days. Recommending and selecting airlines based on how beautiful their (mainly female) staff appears strikes me as extremely sexist each and every time I read about it on this board.

HTB.
That's SQ. Not necessarily QR.

Further, I have seen LH crew become borderline racist at times - not to me, but to others.

I also have had some bad experiences, and some great ones. (Probably only due to being in F)

However, they seem to want to ensure that their FAs (especially Indian crew) are kept on contract and quite a few are terminated after the contract expires.

(And it's only human to be attracted to someone else based on looks! )
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:28 am

Programs: LH HON, Qantas Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by root66
did you apply for a job at LH as new Chef of Marketing?
My compliments! Well done - I really hate the camping chair atmosphere and the imploded bin capacity.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ThorstenCGN
My compliments! Well done - I really hate the camping chair atmosphere and the imploded bin capacity.
Camping chair- my camping chair is much more comfortable! I like the suggestion however.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I'm gasping for air.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:47 am

Could anyone print out a few dozens of those "BÄH" leaflets from rambuster and leave them in the FRA/MUC lounges next time he/she will visit there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.