Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

New First class retrofit thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
will fly YVR-FRA ( 6/20) and MUC-ORD ( 7/3) . Any chance that I will get at least one of the 346 with new retrofit F product? THANKS
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Look at the tabs on the bottom of the page.
Gotcha. Thnx.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
It seems the soft product (kits, PJs, blankets etc) are color co-ordinated with the design of the seat & cabin, so with new F you get a different set. The magic number seems to be 75%+ retrofit stage, when they will switch to one set. This is expected to to be attained with the fleet in Autumn 2012 with the start of the winter schedule.
Is this applicable only to the 744, or the 346 too?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Hi,

I flew 3 weeks ago in the new F on a A340 and I received the same pyjama, amenity kit(porsche design),...than on the A380.
The only thing that surprised me it was that, in spite of being a day flight(MUC-EWR), they handed out full pyjamas and not only the shirt.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

I flew 3 weeks ago in the new F on a A340 and I received the same pyjama, amenity kit(porsche design),...than on the A380.
The only thing that surprised me it was that, in spite of being a day flight(MUC-EWR), they handed out full pyjamas and not only the shirt.
Interesting - thanks. I'd be irritated to just get a shirt - who is to say whether it's my nuts or armpits that sweat more? Not LH, that's for sure :P
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
D-AIFD seems to fly almost exclusively to the Middle East with occasional trips to Africa.
Had the bird again on a Middle East flight - now shifted to MUC - D-AIFD was flying LH 608/609 to Riyadh and Jeddah on 23rd/ 24th March.

taigatrommel
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by taigatrommel
Had the bird again on a Middle East flight - now shifted to MUC - D-AIFD was flying LH 608/609 to Riyadh and Jeddah on 23rd/ 24th March.
Nice news ^ I will flying that route in First class frequently in the next 4 months
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
so clearly our late april flight from den to fra (which only a month ago switched the schedule from a 744 to a 346) will be old config and not the new one... right?

In advance, ooooohhhhh!!!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by shadabing
so clearly our late april flight from den to fra (which only a month ago switched the schedule from a 744 to a 346) will be old config and not the new one... right?

In advance, ooooohhhhh!!!
Correct. 0% chance sorry to say. But if it helps, you only had a slim chance on a 744 anyway....
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:13 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was shocked to walk abord my flight from TLV to MUC yesterday to find the new First Class cabin. (I was also horribly embarassed to be the only one in F-- they put the whole 3-tier trolly ).

I have to say that the new product is really excellent. The only major flaw I found is that the tray table didn't come close enough to the seat for me. If you could move the seat forwards and backwards without reclining the seat, this wouldn't be a problem, but I don't think the new seat does that, or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it. The way the cabin is very open yet your seat becomes extremely private when you want it to be is really a credit to the designers of the new seat. The lavatory is really done well too, and the thick curtains separating the F cabin from C and from the F galley are a nice touch. The amenity kit was the Porche design kit which looks handsome (I haven't bothered opening it yet).

I was also shocked that at the end of the flight, I was offerend (and accepted) a Lufthansa First Class hanger and suit bag. I don't know if they are supposed to do that, but they seemed pretty sure that they were. I couldn't believe it, but I like the hanger and the matching suit bag, so I am pleased. Service was the generally reliable LH F service, of course. I was given a full set of PJs even though it was an afternoon flight (and less than 4 hours in flight time, for that matter!). The new slippers are much nicer than the old slippers though both are little small on me.

I was very impressed with the new product. The way they make the bed is really nice!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Hmm, I thought LH790 was operated by a 346, but it's only a 343. Odds for new F aren't great on the MUC-based 343 I see.

I'm more excited about my connecting flight to SQ C on the 388 anyway.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot Plat.Premier
We are flying out of ORD to MUC end of November and return beginning of December. We currently have FC on UA. But, with the retrofits we are thinking of switching over to LH. We are open to MUC or FRA with LH as long as we could get the new retrofits.

So, if we are reading the information correctly and following the posts correctly..... the A 330's ORD/MUC/ORD will NOT be done, but the 747's ORD/FRA/ORD will be?

Are we reading it all correctly?

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
According to rcs (aka rcs85551) on VFT it sounds like MUC-based 343s and 346s with the new F will be flying to the following destinations as from the end of March.

343: GRU, ICN, SIN
346: LAX, SFO, PEK, PVG, DEL
This seem to become more or less true from last week end... Except for D-AIHO which flew to EWR and DXB in addition to PEK.

Let's see what will happen in the next few days, but this sure looks good for my PEK-MUC in April
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
10 744s are done, a further 10 to go this year. The A346 is in full swing or the retrofit as noted in this thread with LHT Malta joining forces: http://www.lufthansa-technik.com/app...cations_EN.xml

The A330 will also show up this year as noted above.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:59 am

10 744s are done, a further 10 to go this year. The A346 is in full swing or the retrofit as noted in this thread with LHT Malta joining forces: http://www.lufthansa-technik.com/app...cations_EN.xml

The A330 will also show up this year as noted above.
Sorry, my bad - what I meant to ask was, are the colour-coordinated
amenity kits also applicable to the 346s, ie old F gets the old Rimowas while new F gets the new Porsche design?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.