What to do with miles due to expire soon? [merged expiring miles Q&A]

Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:41 pm
ehn

Programs: SK*G, UA*G, BAEC Silver, FB Gold
Miles expiry

I have 8,669 Miles & More miles, out of which 5,603 will expire by December 31, 2013. Is there anything at all I can do with them? (I tend to post my *A miles to UA or SK, not LH.)
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
This may work

Earning miles made easy: rate your hotel stays with our partner HolidayCheck and earn 120 award miles for each review.*

It works like this, simply review your hotel stay and enter your Miles & More service card number at the end of the review. Your experiences will help others planning a holiday to find a suitable hotel and at the same time add additional award miles to your mileage account — effortlessly.
Haven’t reviewed your last hotel stays? Then why not do it now at HolidayCheck and receive 120 award miles per review.

https://secure.holidaycheck.com/hote...and-more-Koop1
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ehn
I have 8,669 Miles & More miles, out of which 5,603 will expire by December 31, 2013. Is there anything at all I can do with them? (I tend to post my *A miles to UA or SK, not LH.)
"Expiring miles" = http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...g-miles-q.html
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Activities such as earning miles do not extend the expiry of miles. The only ways to stop miles from expiring will be M&M status or an M&M credit card. However, you should be able to use your miles as part payment for a purchase from the WorldShop.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post19948229
Old Mar 9, 2014, 5:57 am

miles expiring - best use?

Hi there,

I've got about 16,000 miles due to expire and I don't know what to do with them....

Are there any good uses for a small amount of miles like this? They expire 31.03 and all the current mileage bargains need to be completed by 09.04, but I can't travel by then.

Does anyone know of anything sensible, or shall i donate?

Thank you for the advice.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Other than an intra-europe flight, there's not much use for them. Maybe ask if you can book a flight for someone.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
miles expiring - best use?

Or as a last resort there is the worldshop
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:04 am

You can book mileage bargains for a family member or a friend. Me, I'm sending a family member to Amman (AMM) on a direct flight from VIE and back. 20k miles and about 200 Euro in taxes.

At the Heinemann Duty Free Shops, 16.170 miles would be worth 49 Euro, BTW.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:06 am

4780 miles about to expire, any ideas?

My wife has 4780 miles that are about to expire on MM. Anyone have any ideas of what to do with them? Was thinking about transferring them into a hotel program but looks like you need more miles than what she has for the minimum amount.

Any ideas will be welcome.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: LH FTL
I know that for the duty free at the airport you need at least 7500...Maybe they can be used in wordlshop? https://www.worldshop.eu/
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
You cannot transfer M&M miles into a hotel programme whatever the amount. Only vice versa.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:03 am

Expiring miles (use or extend)

A friend has M&M account with about 12K miles in it, of which 3K will expire in December.

Is there anything that can be easily done to extend these miles (without spending a whole lot more)?
Conversely, can they be used for something quickly?

The person lives outside Europe, but will be flying on Lufthansa (booked through United, so no new miles from that flight) in January. Is there any way to spend the miles on a one-time lounge access or something of that kind (ideally paying now)?

I realize it's a small amount, but for the person in question it's not completely trivial.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:01 pm

Oh, merged (hope someone reads this ). As an aside - is there a legal way to swap miles with United MP program ( trade with someone)?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:55 pm

Get a Barclay's Lufthansa credit card? I think if you have one your miles don't expire.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by br2k
Oh, merged (hope someone reads this ). As an aside - is there a legal way to swap miles with United MP program ( trade with someone)?
Not directly. If you trust the other person enough, you can book an award for him with your M&M account while he uses his account at MP to book an award in your name. I think this is legal provided there are no cash payments involved between the two parties but I might be wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.