Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Years Rant: Why Lufthansa Suck

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MrRant
That tunnel between gates A and B really baffles everyone. It is impossible to find it if you don't know it. It is really not optimal to manage large flows of people through two elevators and a 5 story dark stairwell.
You don't need to know where the tunnel is. If the tunnel is the quickest way to get you from A to B (or B to A) signs will direct you. Please check this thread. Since only some people can find their way to the tunnel they only need two elevators.

The Lufthansa cabin is overly traditional really... I expected a bar or at least SOME special features of the A380. And the toilets look like Airplane toilets in the 1970's. No improvements there.
You obviously travelled in the wrong class or on a wrong airline.

The reason why food is supposed to be excellent on a business class flight is that the cost of gourmet food is simply minuscule compared to the cost of flying you over the Atlantic. So you might as well serve excellent food, since everyone is already paying 5000 Euro for the ticket.
I hate to tell you this but not everyone is paying 5000 Euro to fly TATL in Business on LH. You should check Business Class fares on LH out of some countries other than Germany.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:01 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I hate to tell you this but not everyone is paying 5000 Euro to fly TATL in Business on LH. You should check Business Class fares on LH out of some countries other than Germany.
Or people using other products than just normal return tickets.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Well, NZ, SQ, QF etc all show unedited versions of movies which are edited on LH. So somehow some airlines can make this work. I think one of the problems is that LH still has the big screen on some aircrafts therefore the movies must all be downsampled to a PG format.
I take your word on in but it is a surprise that QF is showing films not edited for content since Australia has the strictest age certification systems in the "western" world and enforces active censorship on publicly shown or available content.

In any case, I guess for both of us this is no deciding factor when it comes to choosing the airline..
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by totti
Once you fly with an airline like IB (which I had to over the holidays) you are more than happy if your flight arrives even close to the scheduled time. Out of my 4 european legs all 4 flights were delayed by more 30+ minutes and I missed a connection to FRA in MAD and had to overnight in a creepy hotel .
oh yeah. this reminds me when I used to do MIL-MAD-LIS-MAD-MIL.
From this point of view, LH is really doing a great job.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by weero
Ick binn eine Berliner?
sorry weero, you're right. I was in a hurry... I mean "i'm not a great fan of Lufthansa flights".
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Which airport in this world that does
Being bussed to a gate is very uncommon in the U.S. Even regional jets typically have a regular gate with jetway direct into the cabin.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:22 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Being bussed to a gate is very uncommon in the U.S. Even regional jets typically have a regular gate with jetway direct into the cabin.
However waiting up to 30 minutes for a Gate at US Airports is not uncommon. Incidently has anybody ever been bussed in the past few years at Singapore.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UncleDude
However waiting up to 30 minutes for a Gate at US Airports is not uncommon.
So is taxiing around FRA for 30 minutes to a remote stand.
(And FWIW, waiting for a gate usually only happens when the flight is ahead of schedule. But yes, it's not uncommon, nor is it particularly frequent.)
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by UncleDude
However waiting up to 30 minutes for a Gate at US Airports is not uncommon...
In FRA we once waited 45 mins for a gate and then have been bussed.

Not once did I have to wait anywhere near 30 mins in the US to get a gate.
Incidently has anybody ever been bussed in the past few years at Singapore.
No. Never.

But I was bussed in SYD to an NZ flight which was a bit unusual.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by ijgordon
So is taxiing around FRA for 30 minutes to a remote stand.
Thats not my experience. Usually taxiing is relatively quick at FRA. ^

I once had an extended limo ride, but that was by request.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:42 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
I would respectfully disagree about a lot of the comments up-thread - but I will admit to buying LH C fares ex Singapore and then using UA SWU's to upgrade to F. I don't pay anywhere near 5000 euro...

Wife and daughter flew C on the A380 a few weeks ago and yes, they complained about the seats being too hard and not fully flat.

And if you want to see what a cramped airport and Business lounge looks like, try EK during rush hour. The lounge is bursting at the seams and there are queues to the toilets!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
dude, this is the thread where people vent how bad the airline and the FFP is and that the grass is greener* everywhere else! No bashing of EK or BA allowed

* The grass is always greener on the other side -- but that's because they use more manure
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
lol 8B! I just booked 3 EK C tickets so I'll be able to see how does the DXB lounge compares to the A26 one

care with the UA SWU's though, the newer version are not usable on Z fares anymore on LH still hoping that the current printed version will still work!

but yes the grass is not as green on LH anymore and thus making a bunch of us looking at other pastures...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:21 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by geilux
But I really think they missed a big big big opportunity to upgrade their C class product (real lie flat) with the A380 introduction
LH had intended to have C all flat but almost last minute changed it back to sloped when the economy went into crisis. I guess they felt that they weren't able to receive the premium price necessary to cover the loss of seats.
And when you look who full C often is, they seem to have made the right decision. They just need to watch out that all those small decisions combines which all make economy sense on their own won't drive people away in a big bang.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by seat 1a
FRA security is the worst !??

Try any NA airport , or why not ZRH

Bus gates , gods gift
LHR anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.