Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON [08/2011 -]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN*
From FRA to US on 747-8i, Premium Economy (N) to Business, got the upgrade at the boarding gate.

Interesting:
- N is usually not upgradable, only Premium Economy G and E are.
- I used "MyOffer" for N to Business and I bid the minimum price, but my offer was declined. However award space in C was open and bookable on M&M when I received the mail.
- That paper with the new seat had at the bottom "SEN 1/13". Maybe position on some upgrade list?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: LH SEN
30.6. - from AMS-FRA, upgraded at gate from Q - C.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Originally Posted by zaphod105

- That paper with the new seat had at the bottom "SEN 1/13". Maybe position on some upgrade list?
1/13 means that you checked 1 bag of 13kg
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
LH763 DEL-MUC, Z to F as SEN.

I thought LH upgraded by booking class?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
LH763 DEL-MUC, Z to F as SEN.

I thought LH upgraded by booking class?
I actually was wondering if they stopped by class as well. After having received 5 C>F op-ups as a UA *G, last week I was flying on a full J ticket, and watched 3 other people get upgraded into F. This was EX-DE. Was shocked, thought for sure they would go to me first as nobody could've been on a higher ticket.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jmanirish
I actually was wondering if they stopped by class as well. After having received 5 C>F op-ups as a UA *G, last week I was flying on a full J ticket, and watched 3 other people get upgraded into F. This was EX-DE. Was shocked, thought for sure they would go to me first as nobody could've been on a higher ticket.
First time I've been upgraded when not booked in J/C/D. Makes me wonder as well.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by jmanirish
Maybe they were SEN/HON traveling on J fares? In that case they are ahead of you (UA*G) on the grading list.

My last opup was ORD-FRA in March just after the strike ended. Beep at the gate. G(G) to C.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:39 pm

Bit of a messy upgrade due to triple booking a seat for my better half today.

AMS-MUC Y(V) --> C, A3*G.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by A380*G
Maybe they were SEN/HON traveling on J fares? In that case they are ahead of you (UA*G) on the grading list.

My last opup was ORD-FRA in March just after the strike ended. Beep at the gate. G(G) to C.
Entirely possible, but there were 3 OP-UPS. If it was 1, I'd say SEN/HON on a J fare. But given how frequently I fly this route, and that I've gotten the op-up with C before, that leads me to believe there are usually not any travelers on fully J tickets on it. Obviously pure speculation but curious to see if there are more reports of SEN/HON on low fare classes getting op-ups.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The grading list logic was changed with the introduction of the Altea DCS this winter. SEN/HON in Z will beat a nobody in J. P/I and L/T/K/X are explicitly excluded from any grading joy.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The grading list logic was changed with the introduction of the Altea DCS this winter. SEN/HON in Z will beat a nobody in J. P/I and L/T/K/X are explicitly excluded from any grading joy.
How about *G - if I decide to fly on LH metal this year?

Is there a thread on Altea anywhere - I just have some datapoints to post...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks! Does this mean that - at least in theory / without manual intervention - upgrades from P/I/L/T/K/X are not supposed to happen, regardless of status?

Does the same policy apply for long-haul and short-haul flights?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thanks! Does this mean that - at least in theory / without manual intervention - upgrades from P/I/L/T/K/X are not supposed to happen, regardless of status?
Yes, reportedly - as per LH ground staff - who are upset that most functions are now automated and they have to go through a series of questions/answers with the system each and every time in order to allow the *system* to even consider an IRROPS or any other passenger problem/action required.

(Evidently LH wants to rely on the *system* and not the remaining great people they have...)
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Jasper2009

Does the same policy apply for long-haul and short-haul flights?
Z/P/I/R/N/L/T/K/X are not completely excluded, but valued much lower, nearly excluding them from op-ups. rcs85551 posted some detail here: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...ml#post1625991

SFB, Altea is pretty powerful for those who know what to do. Problem is most of the veteran LH ground staff hate Altea and haven't bothered to learn it properly. Back in February I was standing at F checkin in MUC waiting for a upgrade to be processed properly and the checkin lady was assisted by a 'IT-Support' roaming Altea helpdesk lady and a flight manager happened to come by becuase she was on a break. I asked various questions about Altea and the FM was always 'doesn't work anymore', 'cannot be done anymore' etc. The IT support lady aways countered and said 'have you tried this' etc. So I wouldn't dismiss Altea/CITP instantly.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Z/P/I/R/N/L/T/K/X are not completely excluded, but valued much lower, nearly excluding them from op-ups. rcs85551 posted some detail here: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...ml#post1625991
Thanks! So if I read the table correctly, a *G in K/L/T/X would still receive an op up to business class before a FTL or non-status pax with a higher booking class? (but a *G in K/L/T/X would be at the very bottom of the list of all SEN / *G).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.