Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON [08/2011 -]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Mbcan
Last Friday, Frankfurt-Vilnius, evening flight. I was one of the last passengers to board the plane, I was told to check in one piece of hand luggage as I had two. I kindly asked if flight was full and lady said: "Yes, completely". I explained I am senator and if there is any chance to upgrade. One smile, 20 seconds at computer and op-up to 1A. With 2 pieces of hand luggage
Last passenger, bulkhead seat and two hand baggages...

I love this kind of passengers on full flights...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by Mbcan
Last Friday, Frankfurt-Vilnius, evening flight. I was one of the last passengers to board the plane, I was told to check in one piece of hand luggage as I had two. I kindly asked if flight was full and lady said: "Yes, completely". I explained I am senator and if there is any chance to upgrade. One smile, 20 seconds at computer and op-up to 1A. With 2 pieces of hand luggage
I usually get a smile, 20 seconds in a computer and a bill of 500 euros if I want an (operational) upgrade to C at the gate on short haul. Never been upgraded by LH, despite expensive booking classes and despite having been Senator now for a few years. It may have something to do with LH looking at booking classes first, then assuming LH giving opups with last names starting with A, then B, etc, where my last name is somewhere at the end of the alphabet.

I usually also just get a foul mouthed reply if they see me with a bit too much hand luggage.

Anyway, I'm happy for you that you had such an experience. I also hope to experience something like this one day....
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Last passenger, bulkhead seat and two hand baggages...

I love this kind of passengers on full flights...
He would have got the upgrade at the gate as the flight was oversold and he must have checked in close to the deadline of flight closure. He is a Senator after all. Because the system generates an upgrade list once the flight is about to close, the agents do not have the authority to generate an upgrade unless they have override authority.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: LH FTL, QR Gold, EK Silver, Etihad Silver
13.02 VIE-DXB OS839 low K --> C at the gate. Me (FTL) + my friend SEN (both in one PNR).
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: LX SEN
March 20th on LX52 ZRH-BOS from Eco (L) to Business during OLCI 24h before takeoff. Thank you, Swiss!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by LaxAttack
March 20th on LX52 ZRH-BOS from Eco (L) to Business during OLCI 24h before takeoff. Thank you, Swiss!
Which FF did you use?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:33 am

I went with M&M. I have seen other *Gold getting upgraded on this route on other occasions, but I think they prefer HON and SEN over *Gold from other programs.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
They prefer booking class and little else.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:48 am

Are you sure? My fare was one of the cheapest eco fares. Maybe LX and LH do have different strategies here.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Are you sure? My fare was one of the cheapest eco fares. Maybe LX and LH do have different strategies here.
Correct. Swiss gives advantage to status holders. LH to once in a lifetime pax booked in a higher bc.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Indeed - I didn't realise you were booked on LX and not LH.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: *G
TK*G on OS303 vie-cph T fare.

There were 4 other BPs on the desk

Only 2nd time with an op-up...last one last month on TAP bird going to LIS
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Correct. Swiss gives advantage to status holders. LH to once in a lifetime pax booked in a higher bc.
This is so true.... Spohr's attitude will have to change soon if he wants to keep the "Kranich airline" alive
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
Upgraded at the gate LHR - FRA. I'm FTL originally booked in "S" with a same day onwards connection in "I" (upgrade with miles). Gate agent wanted me to check in hand luggage at gate as flight was full and when the upgrade came through he said I was "lucky" and let me through. Is LH still upgrading by booking class? Business class only had three rows and one empty seat
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Probably Spohr thinks that if he impress a once in a lifetime customer with an upgrade, he will win his potential business and loyalty for ever

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.