Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 5, 11, 1:36 am   #1

Programs: Same as location
Combining (cheap) Y on outbounbd/C on return?

Does LH generally allow combining a discounted economy fare on the outbound with discounted business on the return? Z (and D) are sold out for my outbound so I can't afford to buy the RT in business, but there's a great Z fare available for the return legs.

If this is possible, can I book it over the phone with the SEN line? (I don't think it's possible online).

TIA
iwillflytheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 11, 4:17 am   #2

Programs: Miles and More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld View Post
Does LH generally allow combining a discounted economy fare on the outbound with discounted business on the return? Z (and D) are sold out for my outbound so I can't afford to buy the RT in business, but there's a great Z fare available for the return legs.

If this is possible, can I book it over the phone with the SEN line? (I don't think it's possible online).

TIA

flying Swiss wouldn't this an issue, because you can book it online via Swiss.com ( class change),
but flying LH I have no experience. Normally LH fares are calculated for return flights, but give SEN hotline a try and let us know the result.
hugoalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 11, 4:48 am   #3
Moderator, Community Buzz, and Ambassador, Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SENx2 HH Gold & other mostly useless cards
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld View Post

TIA
Actually it is possible to combine discount Economy and discount Business fares at least on shorthauls when booking online, so it must be possible if you give them a call. I have seen combined Business and First fares on longhaul offered online when there was no Business availability for one of the legs.
NewbieRunner is online now   Reply With Quote