Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Augsburg pilots to strike Tuesday

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Augsburg pilots to strike Tuesday

Looks like Augsburg pilots are striking Tuesday beginning at 6a. Not sure when strike ends. Lost connection to article before completely reading it.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Argh.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
WSJ:
FRANKFURT--Pilots of Germany's Augsburg Airways, which conducts regional flights on behalf of Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHA.XE), will go on strike Tuesday, labor union Vereinigung Cockpit said Monday.

The strike will last from 0600 to 2200 local time, the union said in a press release. The pilots intend to press the regional carrier to agree on compensation payments for the pilots who will be laid off because Augsburg Airways will cease operations on Oct. 31, according to the union.
Old May 7, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
On the Cityline/Augsburg note, I keep wondering why LH mainline didn't take the Tyrolean approach to lower the overall labor costs.
Old May 7, 2013, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
On the Cityline/Augsburg note, I keep wondering why LH mainline didn't take the Tyrolean approach to lower the overall labor costs.
Without strong support from the German government I really doubt the labour unions in Germany would permit this to happen. Also as we are now in an election year I don't expect much support from the German government for such a proposed transaction.
Old May 7, 2013, 6:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Augsburg air was terminated as wetlease carrier by LH last year eff 28OCT13 and all employees have were served notice last month. I can understand that they are somewhat peeved that LH doesn't want their services

I doubt the strike will make any major dent in LHs operations.
Old May 7, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
This is odd. I just booked Augsburg for a flight in December 2013 from MUC-CDG. It was done on UA web site so it doesn't surprise me they have it messed up. According to LH site it's a LH mainline 319.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.