The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Old May 14, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: EBG
Exit row on LH A380

Hello,
Might be flying with LH A380 to Tokyo from FRA.
I have a reservation, and when I look into seating options, I see only one exit row seat on each side of the plane. But on different "seat" sites, there are supposed to be 2, 75 A,C and 75 H,K I belive.

How come on the LH reservation site there is only one?

Thanks in advance

Svante
Old May 14, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by Svante
Hello,
Might be flying with LH A380 to Tokyo from FRA.
I have a reservation, and when I look into seating options, I see only one exit row seat on each side of the plane. But on different "seat" sites, there are supposed to be 2, 75 A,C and 75 H,K I belive.

How come on the LH reservation site there is only one?

Thanks in advance

Svante
hmmm... aren't those four seats in the same ONE row?
mfk
Old May 14, 2012, 5:54 am

Well,
I dont know, that is what is a bit confusing.
On all seatmap-pages i find, there are supposed to be 4 seats, 75 A, C and 75 H, K.
But when I logg on to my reservation, and try to see what free seats are avaliable (I know I cant pick those until maybe OLCI), and the seatmap opens up, there are only 2 seats, 75 C and 75 H...
Old May 14, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Well,
I dont know, that is what is a bit confusing.
On all seatmap-pages i find, there are supposed to be 4 seats, 75 A, C and 75 H, K.
But when I logg on to my reservation, and try to see what free seats are avaliable (I know I cant pick those until maybe OLCI), and the seatmap opens up, there are only 2 seats, 75 C and 75 H...
I cannot reproduce your problem with the seat map, but on the 388 there are in fact two seats on each side of Row 75 (B,C and H,J perhaps?). There is no seat directly on the window in order to provide for emergency door access.

In case you are interested, here are my observations of those seats:

While seats in Row 75 do have a lot of leg room due to the emergency exit, they are also directly adjacent to a set of lavatories, and the queue for the lavs next to and in front of these seats sometimes gets long (and noisy), and people tend to bump into you a lot going to, coming from, and waiting for the toilets.

If you are traveling alone, you might also consider seat 76A or 76K, which is the next row back. Because there is no seat in front of you, there is a lot of leg room, you can get into and out of your seat without disturbing anyone else, AND you don't get bumped by traffic in the aisle waiting for the lavatory, and you get a window.

Row 75 also faces directly crew seats for take-off and landing, so one has to stare at an LH employee for approximately the first and last ten minutes of the flight (not sure if that is a plus or minus ).

Unfortunately, the noise from the people standing in the aisle and in front of the emergency door during the flight is still a problem in Row 76, but I personally find that earplugs and/or headphones are useful to mitigate the noise problem.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by N1003U
If you are traveling alone, you might also consider seat 76A or 76K, which is the next row back. Because there is no seat in front of you, there is a lot of leg room, you can get into and out of your seat without disturbing anyone else, AND you don't get bumped by traffic in the aisle waiting for the lavatory, and you get a window.

[...]

Unfortunately, the noise from the people standing in the aisle and in front of the emergency door during the flight is still a problem in Row 76, but I personally find that earplugs and/or headphones are useful to mitigate the noise problem.
I know, I'm a b***** but it's my favorite sport to fight with 76A occupants when they try to jump over my legs

on Row 75 - earplugs and eyecovers solve all the problem. And always kick back

mfk
Old May 14, 2012, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
I know, I'm a b***** but it's my favorite sport to fight with 76A occupants when they try to jump over my legs
In this case I will remember to always try to book 76K instead of 76A. Especially ex-SFO

As stated, it is POSSIBLE to get in and out of 76A/K without disturbing others. Unfortunately, that does not mean people always make the effort to do so...
Old May 14, 2012, 12:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I see only one exit row seat on each side of the plane.
Happened to me too a few weeks ago.... same flight and only one seat each on both rows 75.
But OLCI showed two seats, as it should.

And I also prefer 76A/K... and was lucky to get that both times on my last flight
Old May 14, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Anyone have any experience with window seats 26A/K up top in the back of C class on the A380? These appear to be exit row seats....

Also curious concerning the view in general from the window seats in business class on the LH A380......

I'm seeing some award availability in C on LH this summer via the UA website....so we may go for it.

Thanks!
Old May 15, 2012, 12:44 am

Thanks for all the help. I really appriciate it.

Im not flying alone, but with my wife. How is 76B in case of trying to angle the legs into the free space infront of 76A? If we were to sit on lets say 76A,B, any chance that would be ok for the one of us in seat B?

And while am at it, and having experts around me, how are other seats if 75 or 76 are taken? What about the bulkheadseat rows? 50 or 60? Is any one of those rows better then the other, I mean more legroom to the wall/bulkhead? Or are they the same, i.e you cant stretch the legs at all...

Again, my deepest thanks to all of you helping out.
Old May 15, 2012, 12:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Seat 76B is just a regular economy seat, not much room.
And also something to know... if you don't have status with M&M you have little chance of getting seats in row 75 and 76A/K.

Row 50/60 are a little better than the rest.... but not by much.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:03 am

Thanks so much for the info.

I was just wondering, if there was any difference between row 50 and 60. On some sites, there seems to be more room on row 50 for instance.
Old May 31, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Continetnal Silver
Any comments on the Exit row in Business ?
Old May 31, 2012, 10:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tale
27A/C and 27H/K are the best if you don't mind sitting right at the back of the plane.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by tale
There is a row somewhere in the back of C with a free space in front of it at an emergency exit door (does anyone know the exact row number?). I sat there once, and it does have the advantage of nothing in front of you.

I personally prefer to sit closer to the aerodynamic center in the A380 for reasons of phugoid response of the airframe (which seems to me to be a bit more noticeable in the back, far from the aerodynamic center), but if you want free space at your feet, the exit row seat is the one to get.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by N1003U
There is a row somewhere in the back of C with a free space in front of it at an emergency exit door (does anyone know the exact row number?).
Please see the post above.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.