Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Here is a view out the window of 76K (with the lovely view of the Airbus technology that whiskey_sk described):

...and this is the aisle access:

BTW, one drawback to this seat (unless you are lucky and the middle seat is free):
there is no place to put even small hand luggage. You need to store it in the overhead bin, which means getting up and climbing around Row 75 every time you need to get into your cabin baggage, unless you want to leave it on the floor in front of you after take-off and before landing (which of course disturbs the lovely leg room).
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by N1003U
but I think you only see a few hundred square meters of fine airbus wing technology.
c'mon, a little hyperbole can't be that bad every now and then
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:32 pm

To be honest I hate that seat since the lights from the lavatory and people moving in and out all the time are really disturbing. I even had the middle seat free and was thinking: why the hell did you pay money for this crappy seat?

On the way back a isle seat (also free middle seat) in the first Eco section was much better in my opinion.

But I'm not that large (1,75m), slim and used to suffer long trips in LH economy
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
be warned, if you like window seats because of the view, the only thing you will see from 76AK is a few thousands of square metres of airbus wing technology
Other than that I fully agree with N1003U, best Y seats on that plane.
The view is actually great from this seat. Especially during take off when the plane starts to rise. Then you see this elegant airstream that shapes above the wing like a snake. If you are a techy geek, it certainly gives you the warm fuzzy feeling…^
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Question LH728 Y-class upper deck(A380)

There are some economy seats located in upper deck at rows 95-99.
Can anyone tell his/her flight experience in this area?
Few questions :
-- is it worth to pay 25€ for a seat here?
-- do passengers reach this area passing through the whole C area in the upper deck when boarding, or through the main deck?
-- could it be more quiet than the Y seats in main deck?
Thanks.

Last edited by FlyingJazzy; Mar 30, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Questions 1) and 3), definitely yes. Not sure about 2).
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:44 am

Hi,

I flew FRA - IAH yesterday with my girlfriend, here is my economy experience;

During online check in I noticed that we could reserve the economy part of the upper deck. I managed to get us in 97A/C.

During boarding I was a bit confused on where to board. The upper ramp clearly stated F and C, so I didn't want to enter that ramp in case getting sent back when trying to enter the plane.
When I got downstairs, the economy ramps did not have any ramps with the numbers to the upper deck seat, so I just picked the one at the front. We had to walk through the entire plane, and go a glimpse of the Premium Economy in the front of the lower deck.

There are several advantages by using the economy seats upstairs, and the obvious one is if you are a couple of two, like we were, then you will have two seats together and do not have worry about bothering anyone else.

If you have a seat window, you will have the extra compartment underneath the window to store stuff, but you can not lean against the window to sleep.
This compartment has been mentioned in the C review.

LH also had one flight attendant for the sole purpose of that economy section. Resulted in quick serving of food and drinks. I was very pleased with the young man on this flight. During pre landing snack, he was kind and got my girlfriend a starter from C class, because she does not eat meat and there was only chicken in economy.

As questioned earlier, it is very quiet in this part of the aircraft. A380 is quiet in general, but I noticed that this flight was very quiet and comfy.

We left the plane together with C and F, so I am sure that we were in immigration long time before the most of the people in economy downstairs.

In general I believe that this layout of the A380 for lufty is way better than the one they initially launched.

Reasons :

F is the same, and excellent.

C has improved seats, and the window rows has the parallel seats which will avoid feet cuddling in case of traveling alone. However when traveling with the better half, one can choose the mid seats and seats will be towards each other for cuddling.

PE is the new product, which is an excellent option for work travelers under company policies of no C class (Happened to myself recently, as our company is cutting cost).

Y both upstairs and downstairs. I liked the private feeling of the cabin upstairs, and the fact that there are 8 pairs of window seats with 2-seat-layout will improve the economy flight significantly for love birds…

I have tried all classes on this airplane now, except for PE. Will try that one for my next job assignment.

All in all, good job Lufthansa ! The flight yesterday was a good one, albeit in Y
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:59 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
? Economy seat reservation on A380 Upper deck

Just have tried to check the fares and make a reservation for a flight MUC->FRA->PVG at the beginning of June.

It seems that as a non-status customer I am not able to reserve any of the Economy Class seats in the Upper Deck.

Therefore my question: Are these seats generally not available for advanced seat reservation or is Lufty just not sure which version of the A380 will be deployed. So the one with the Business Class also occupying the rear zone of the UD - or not?

Info would be fine. Example is on Jun 8th, 2015 on LH 729.

Economy is approx. 528 Euro, PE would be 958 Euro plus the according segments for the return flight. For a longer stay in Shanghai it would deliver different prices.

(Need only a friendly advice on the seat reservation question, not the fare itself.)

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:37 am

Hi,

As you can see in my A380 economy experience thread;

for me there were economy seats upstairs, and I was able to reserve them as soon as online check in started.
So, 23 hours in advance of flight, get online and book the seat…

Last edited by Kleffen; Apr 17, 2015 at 4:39 pm
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:41 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by Kleffen
Hi,

As you can see in my A380 economy experience thread;

for me there were economy seats upstairs, and I was able to reserve them as soon as online check in started.
So, 23 hours in advance of slight, get online and book the seat…
Thanks Kleffen, appreciated!

BTW: Will change my schedule to a more "low season" month.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Anyone with experience, which would you prefer 95ABJK (upper deck exit row) or 76AK (lower deck behind the exit row, but with no seat in front). Any thoughts on which is better?
Old May 13, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold, UA Gold, Priority Pass Select, Hertz PC, Marriott SLV
Bump... I am also curious about this item. Is 95A/K a good seat?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by econprof
Anyone with experience, which would you prefer 95ABJK (upper deck exit row) or 76AK (lower deck behind the exit row, but with no seat in front). Any thoughts on which is better?
Old May 14, 2015, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by econprof
Hi,

I have tried 76AK, and I have also been in 97C upstairs. I chose 97 and not 95 because I wanted to have the screen in the seat in front of me.
I believe the upstairs seats are better. The reason is that there is one from the crew to serve that compartment only, and if you get 95ABJK, then you will not have issues with people going to lavatory there, since the only thing in front of you is a huge space between the seat and the curtain to Business. It also feels more quiet and less crowded because of the amount of seats that are there, contrary to downstairs.

There was a low amount of pax both my times in upper deck seats, so that always help, however it was as pleasant as Y can be.
Old May 16, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Am I just unlucky, or lately FlyNet doesn't work on any A380 I'm boarding? The crew always confirms they have it, they announce the availability as well before taking off; just to announce later it's down "due to technical issues".
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bdkorn
Bump... I am also curious about this item. Is 95A/K a good seat?

Thanks!
I recently flew in seat 95A.

Pros:
- Lots of legroom - the slide raft of the exit door does not intrude in the space in front of you.
- Efficient service - Upper deck is served by one flight attendant and has very few rows, so the service has a nice flow, i.e. there aren't long gaps between meal and drink service and collecting the trays. If it matters, the flight attendant starts with the left aisle and then goes down the right aisle with each service run.
- Access to lavatories - there is one lavatory in this mini-cabin, and it is just up the stairs from the group of lavatories on the lower deck. And since there's only one flight attendant with a cart, you're rarely ever blocked from the aisle when you want to go.

Cons:
- There is no window next to the seat - neither 95A nor 95K
- There is no side storage bin either - the side storage bins end at row 96 where the wall then curves inwards towards the cabin so it becomes flush with the exit door. So I guess if you like to lean on the wall when you sleep, it could be an advantage, but otherwise you have no cabin baggage storage for take off or landing.

Conclusion: I would definitely choose upper deck again, as I really enjoyed the mini cabin. However, I would probably choose another seat since I didn't like not having a window or seat-side storage. Seatguru shows this seat as a "green" seat, but I would probably give it a "yellow" rating because of the cons above (submitted feedback to Seatguru regarding this).

One note: I noticed that the very last row of this cabin, seats 98 ACHK and 99 DEF seemed to have plenty of room behind them, enough for them to have full recline. I might consider one of these seats next time since I like not having to worry about the person behind me punching the touchscreen, or me reclining into that person's space.

Last edited by flaii; Jun 9, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.