Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Billing currency on LH websites?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
There may be some ambiguity in the wording, but the website states that charges are made in the local currency of the country of departure, not the country you're accessing the website from. The confirmation page also quotes the exact currency you'll be billed in.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I used to be able to book tickets ex-Switzerland on the LH website priced in Euros, but it is no longer possible and the site defaults to Swiss francs. The way around it is to book on expedia.de.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:08 am

Exactly, that's why I asked my wife to pay using her own credit card so we don't have to suffer from conversion fees.

I called Lufthansa today all they said was we were charged in origin country local money using a local agent there and told to speak to our own bank. Our bank claims Lufthansa used an abroad agent to charge us.

So be aware and don't mix credit cards use the original credit card for seat reservation as well. Otherwise lufthansa will just choose whatever is better for them...

Last edited by averind; Jan 27, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:21 am

Is it any chance to make billing currency USD if flight departs from EU?
Maybe to call US hotline of LH?
and how to make reservation on LH website?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:30 am

Exclamation How to make reservation on LH.com?

Hello, i found itinerary in which interested, not all flights operated and marked LH, how i can make reservation for atleast couple of hours?
Is it possible?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:03 pm

Make the reservation on LH.com. If you cancel the reservation on LH.com within 24 hours (and nothing more) you'll get a full refund, even if nonrefundable fare. Note that your credit card will be charged but will be fully refunded.

Check details here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...cy-lh-com.html

An alternative option to not have your card charged is to ask an IATA travel agent to make the reservation without ticketing. They will tell you how long they can keep the reservation without payment.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:07 am

Exclamation US IATA Travel agency too book tickets?

Hello, anyone can advice US IATA travel agents to book Lufthansa fare so they can reserve it and after i can pay with LH US hotline?
(i need these to pay in USD, website didnt give such option with Ex-EU departure)
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just call the US call center they can hold the reservation...
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just call the US call center they can hold the reservation...
they sad they cant find my routing in system...
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

There are a ton of OTAs out there in the US who will sell you a ticket on LH. Alternatively use ITA and then port the results to Orbitz using the tool described here: ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:25 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by oliver2002
There are a ton of OTAs out there in the US who will sell you a ticket on LH. Alternatively use ITA and then port the results to Orbitz using the tool described here: ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
so far i cant buy on ordinary OTAs F/J mixed ticket, and matrix cant reprice same connections which i can get from official website.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:57 am

Then you have to eat the EUR billing surcharge on your credit card... you can't have it all.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.