Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by blindman
How do I check (without ringing their CS) for award availability from HGK-HAN-SGN-HKG ?

Use to check the ANA web-site (for BMI awards) but I see now it has undergone a HUGE change.
Originally Posted by goliath
BTW: which *A carrier flies these routes?
A good question. A quick search on Google Flights does not find any *A flights between these cities.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:42 am

Pretty good use for Avios though, especially on the HKG-HAN route (this being a two-region award on M&M would be 20k in Y, but you could route through SIN or BKK with stopovers for example).
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:25 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lack
Pretty good use for Avios though, especially on the HKG-HAN route (this being a two-region award on M&M would be 20k in Y, but you could route through SIN or BKK with stopovers for example).
Avios would indeed be useful for hops around Asia. I booked HND-ICN (one way) on JL in Business for 15,000 points and Ł22.80 and ICN-HKG (one way) on CX also in Business for 20,000 points and Ł23.20. Using M&M miles would have cost me 54,000 miles.

It's possible that blindman is planning to book award flights on OW carriers but the question has been posted in the LH/M&M forum.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
HKG-HAN rt can be bought with VN for 1000HK$ (140US$). At that price point I wouldn't waste any miles for a 2h flight.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:52 am

I'd waste 4500 avios easily bought for 1.5 cents or less :-).
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:09 am

Seems like M&M got a new, much better booking engine.

You can now see availability for most classes at once, and also an entire week's worth of it. It's looking much nicer:

There seem to be some glitches (and/or enhancements), like no free ASR (even in C/F) or it showing free luggage allowance of two pieces for F flights, but otherwise I'd say it's a big improvement.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Though it seems (but could be me) that one can't see the individual flights anymore when there is a transfer/stop in the itinerary.
The major improvement for me is that the taxes (or rip-off surcharges) are immediately visible.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:50 pm

It displays the flight numbers and number of stops. If you click on the flight numbers there's a small popup showing times and type of plane operating it.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Premium Economy finally is available online ^ . And availability is indeed quote good.

But the surcharges poison the value of the miles a fair bit ... still better than coach awards though.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by weero
But the surcharges poison the value of the miles a fair bit ... still better than coach awards though.
Same surcharges as in coach for me (just a 100E lower TATL then C).

Hope they come up with some meilenschnaeppchen in Y+, that would be quite cool for ~40k.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Lack
Same surcharges as in coach for me (just a 100E lower TATL then C).
Yes ... which makes Y awards virtually worthless but PE's a still worth something also because they are quite flexible.
Hope they come up with some meilenschnaeppchen in Y+, that would be quite cool for ~40k.
I agree that this would be some major progress.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
How do you force certain connections on a LH award?
For instance, trying to book xxx-GRU, the engine gives only xxx-FRA-GRU options. And i'd like to have xxx-ZRH-FRA-GRU.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:08 am

Try the multicity booking option.

Edit: sorry, though it was about a regular booking :-).
No way to do it online. I don't think the system even is capable of displaying more then two segments at a time...

You'll have to call (and probably deal with MSC).
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
M&M award rules also try to reduce the number of connections in the origin zone down to one only, especially if the shorter alternative is available.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: M&M SEN
Hi,

I was just trying to book a 3Region Award with the following routing.

Home Town-FRA-SIN (stop)//DPS-SIN-SYD (point-of-turnaround)//BNE-SIN-BKK(stop)-VIE.

To me, this seems to qualify for a 185k award:
4 flights max on outbound and inbound
1 stop over each on outbound and inbound
point of turnaround as open jaw.

The M&M system prices this at 240k and would only go down to 185k if I eliminate the DPS-SIN leg.

Seems the "overland sector" SIN-DPS (which I would travel on my own dime) counts as flight (or stop). What do I miss in the rules?

Thanks,
DAvid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.