M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
1) You will only find LH, LX, OS, LO, SN... flights on www.miles-and-more.com. Partner award availability for all other *A airlines won't be displayed there.

2) UA, NH, AC... websites display all *A airlines' availability.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by goliath
1) You will only find LH, LX, OS, LO, SN... flights on www.miles-and-more.com. Partner award availability for all other *A airlines won't be displayed there.

2) UA, NH, AC... websites display all *A airlines' availability.
Thank you, I got it. I will head for ANA or UA website in order to find out
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by kacheng
Are there any recent known issues with SEN F availability?
Couldn't find anything in OCT/FEB to the USA/West.
That's a first for me.
This is painful.
Flights are F8 A7 and SEN waitlist won't clear.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Cello
From what I understood the 'F waitlist' is smth that has to be manually reviewed (within 1 week) by smb in power to actually grant/deny an award space. Has anyone had any experience in that? Does it actually work?
No one in power does this, its a bot that kicks in based on some parameters. The general waitlist (ie when you are waitlisted in a booking class) is reviewed by the bot during the revenue recalc, which runs monthly till 4-6 weeks before the flight, then weekly, then daily. If a seat is assigned to the booking class, its given to waitlisted pax first, based on status and chronological order.

Then there are queues: in such cases the agent waitlists you (see above) but sends the PNR to special queues: the automated SEN award queue, the SEN special award (150%), the SEN special request, the HON request etc. Some of them are automated, some are not. The manual ones are real LH employees reviewing the case and looking at the notes in the booking along with the revenue claculation of the entire flight. Getting to a manual q is very rare though, its only used for HON and situations where a flight is cancelled etc. In any case, a negative decision is usually just documented with a dry cryptic comment in the notes of the PNR with no appeal mechanism.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
(...) is reviewed by the bot during the revenue recalc, which runs monthly till 4-6 weeks before the flight, then weekly, then daily. If a seat is assigned to the booking class, its given to waitlisted pax first, based on status and chronological order.
Thanks for the explanation Oliver! Just one thing - how does the one week waiting period reconcile with the monthly sweep (which would be my case as there are 4 months before the departure)? Am I presuming correctly that if your waitlisting week is not aligned / misses the revenue recalc then you're guaranteed rejection (as the availability in your booking class won't change)?

Also - I've had a (unconclusive) chat with M&M hotline today - so they have cancelled my itinerary as the waitlisting didn't yield any results within one week but now they are saying that it's impossible to even do the waitlisting as the system automatically rejects any attempts to do that? Seems a bit inconsistent to my taste :/ (also I'm still getting the F/8 A/5 from flighstats for my flights).
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Currently seeing F2 A2 for FRA-EZE on August 30, August 31 and F3 A3 for September 1st.

How likely is it that these F seats might be released? And if yes, how soon before the flight?

I do know this is all guessing but still...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Cello
Thanks for the explanation Oliver! Just one thing - how does the one week waiting period reconcile with the monthly sweep (which would be my case as there are 4 months before the departure)? Am I presuming correctly that if your waitlisting week is not aligned / misses the revenue recalc then you're guaranteed rejection (as the availability in your booking class won't change)?

Also - I've had a (unconclusive) chat with M&M hotline today - so they have cancelled my itinerary as the waitlisting didn't yield any results within one week but now they are saying that it's impossible to even do the waitlisting as the system automatically rejects any attempts to do that? Seems a bit inconsistent to my taste :/ (also I'm still getting the F/8 A/5 from flighstats for my flights).
Well, they don't like to keep flights waitlisted... and delete the booking after a week.

The system will not reject you to WL a new booking. The bot will reject the booking if the agent sends it to the queue again.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by LonLH
The problem was that two agents I spoke to tried SEN wait list and said it did not clear. I was not aware of another waitlist. I tried again today and managed to get someone who put us on "normal" wait list and let us see what happens.
My waitlist has cleared after about 3 weeks^
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by LonLH
My waitlist has cleared after about 3 weeks^
How close to departure?
Yesterday I was told F Waitlist won't clear until 3 week before departure.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by zagy
Currently seeing F2 A2 for FRA-EZE on August 30, August 31 and F3 A3 for September 1st.

How likely is it that these F seats might be released? And if yes, how soon before the flight?

I do know this is all guessing but still...
It is tough to get O seats released on such route with this kind of loads.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
It is tough to get O seats released on such route with this kind of loads.
Actually... Aug 31st (=Today) went to F3 A3 two days ago and they had 2 seats for Aug 31st in Sept 1.

Currently in the EZE lounge waiting for my flight

I would also like to add that while booking this award (First booking then 1st and 2nd rebooking) I called the US call center 4 times and the Slovenian 3 times. The Slovenian team was MUCH more friendly, cheerful even. And they seem to know how to get things done.

Last exampe: I wanted to to EZE-FRA-GRZ instead of EZE-FRA-VIE and could see availability via KVS for EZE-FRA and FRA-GRZ.

Two US agents told me that it can't be done and that they don't see any availability for EZE-GRZ.

Called the Slovenian number instead and she said the same thing at first. But then just said "hmm... let me try something... ... let's see if the system lets me do this... " and it worked
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:24 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
How close to departure?
Yesterday I was told F Waitlist won't clear until 3 week before departure.
It is a feeder flight, several weeks yet to go. The flight was showing J9..P9 but they won't release 4 I seats which I requested because of a schedule change.
My experience with F w/l is only with e-vouchers, they have always cleared within 2 weeks of requesting, often within 1-2 days.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:26 am

This is painful.
Flights are F8 A7 and SEN waitlist won't clear.
1 month later, still hasn't cleared. On my 6th reservation now
5,5 weeks still to go though.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else notice a recent change in married segment availability? LH.com shows DEN-FRA First availability and FRA-CDG Business availability but when I try DEN-CDG, I get nothing. M&M agent claimed only Economy was available for a married segment and only on one specific FRA-CDG flight. I wound up just booking two one ways for next June, DEN-FRA and FRA-DEN and will add the connectors later when RM gets their act together. BTW, looks like F is back on DEN year round.

Last edited by SFO777; Oct 1, 2014 at 8:38 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.