Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PAX_fips
FlyNet is installed on all longhaul aircraft in the LH fleet.

Please list the aircraft type and aircraft number you've used FlyNet on. Bonus points for route

A333
D-AIKB FRA-AUH
D-AIKH FRA-SEA
D-AIKK FRA-SEA
D-AIKL FRA-DFW
D-AIKM SEA-FRA
D-AIKQ EWR-MUC
D-AIKR MUC-BOM

A346
D-AIFF MUC-BOM
D-AIHF YYZ-FRA
D-AIHH MUC-SFO
D-AIHI BOS-FRA
D-AIHK CPT-MUC
D-AIHQ MUC-HND
D-AIHU HND-MUC
D-AIHX YVR-FRA
D-AIHZ MUC-BOS

A380
D-AIMB FRA-SFO
D-AIMC FRA-PVG
D-AIMI SFO-FRA
D-AIMJ SFO-FRA
D-AIMK
D-AIML FRA-IAH
D-AIMG JFK-FRA

B748
D-ABYD ICN-FRA
D-ABYF LAX-FRA
D-ABYG FRA-MEX
D-ABYH FRA-LAX
D-ABYJ HND-FRA
D-ABYK FRA-IAD
D-ABYL LAX-FRA
D-ABYN ORD-FRA, FRA-HND
D-ABYT FRA-BLR

B747
D-ABTH FRA-DEN
D-ABVO EZE-FRA, FRA-YVR
D-ABVP FRA-YVR
D-ABVR FRA-EWR
D-ABVT HND-FRA
D-ABVU FRA-HND
D-ABVZ FRA-SFO
D-ABVY FRA-YYZ
D-ABVW FRA-DXB
D-ABTL FRA-YYZ
D-xxxx FRA-BOM (Can't remember the a/c - too long ago! )
Print Wikipost

How to know which LH aircraft has FlyNet? [merged all about LH Flynet]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hamallu
I can guarantee that the list on mucforum.de is not accurate at all. Sometimes I really don't know why I post on the board if no one's going to read the stuff I put up....if you search my thread you'll find a much more accurate list of a/c fitted out with FlyNet II. I'm not saying it's the best list out there but it's very accurate.

Unfortunately there's no way of knowing your flight will offer the FlyNet service prior to flight. To positively confirm your flight has FlyNet, you will now find placards advertising the service prominently displayed onboard in the galley/VCC areas.
Thanks for keeping us updated. For anyone lost (as I was) hamallu's thread is here.

What's VCC by the way?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
There is one way to find out if your aircraft has FlyNet and New First on board:
If the flight status on LH.com says "34D" as aircraft type than you hit the jackpot

Only applies to A340-600 aircraft (although only one single A340 has been refitted so far; reg DAIHT based in FRA)
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:26 am

Programs: M&M FTL AEGEAN Gold HH Gold
Another data point that there are more flynet2 planes than mentioned on the well known sites.
Posted form LH438 D-AIKC Hamm.
Maybe we could really make a flynet2 tracking thread out of this
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
What's VCC by the way?
VCC is the Video Control Centre, basically where the Purser controls all the functions of the IFE system and does paper work. It is located just forward of door 2 left next to the galley. You'll usually find the Star Alliance logo over there too as well as the coat of arms of the city the plane is named after...if it is named!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 1:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by hamallu
VCC is the Video Control Centre, basically where the Purser controls all the functions of the IFE system and does paper work. It is located just forward of door 2 left next to the galley. You'll usually find the Star Alliance logo over there too as well as the coat of arms of the city the plane is named after...if it is named!
Thanks for the explanation. ^

Speaking of the Star Alliance logo and the coat of arms, when I was on D-AIMD flying out of NRT in January I asked the purser about the lack of a plaque with the name of the city it was named after. He thought D-AIMD had been officially named already but it's turned out it hadn't at the time. I wonder if it now has a plaque with the name of the city I grew up in and what coat of arms it carries.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 13, 2011 at 3:36 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
From the looks of it flynet will cost a pretty penny: http://hotspot.de/content/lufthansa.html
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:19 pm
hch

Originally Posted by oliver2002
From the looks of it flynet will cost a pretty penny: http://hotspot.de/content/lufthansa.html
Cheaper than in the lounge if you're a good maximizer.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by hch
Cheaper than in the lounge if you're a good maximizer.
If you buy a 24 hour pass to use FlyNet on board you can use it in LH lounges afterwards as well. @:-)
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Do we know (maybe hamallu does) how good it actually is? Will it be fast enough to take at least a 100 users? Does somebody maybe know what the anticipated numbers of users is per flight? How much can the system take at a time? (of course it depends on what people use it for)

I admit that I only tried Flynet I once and it was horribly slow. (being on an A330 FRA-JFK) On this particular flight, I doubt the number of users was very high.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 2:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I only used the cbb version on LH and SK when it was in the air the first time and the speed was decent with about 12 pax in my vicinity (C cabin) online.

OK, I only did mails, used the company VPN to run reports that were due and read FT, so can't comment on high end applications that are soo important these days (farmville, youtube, spotify etc)
Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
I only used the cbb version on LH and SK when it was in the air the first time and the speed was decent with about 12 pax in my vicinity (C cabin) online.

OK, I only did mails, used the company VPN to run reports that were due and read FT, so can't comment on high end applications that are soo important these days (farmville, youtube, spotify etc)
Oh, if the speed is well enough for a stable VPN connection, I am fine with it. The only other concern I might have: how often in between the flight does the plane connection switch to the next satellite for the data transfer, etc.?

Our VPN always drops whenever one is handed over to the next carrier cell, for instance it doesn't work in the car with a UMTS stick / card.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:36 am

We lost signal completely only on one or two flights (really north of Greenland) otherwise the VPN chugged along nicely. I also worked using a citrix terminal client and never really lost the connection for it to terminate.

OTOH that was cbb, who knows how the panasonic system works.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

I reported on the original CBB version of FlyNet here.

It was probably averaging 0.75 Mbps or so at my seat.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
We lost signal completely only on one or two flights (really north of Greenland) otherwise the VPN chugged along nicely. I also worked using a citrix terminal client and never really lost the connection for it to terminate.

OTOH that was cbb, who knows how the panasonic system works.
Well, after two FlyNet 2 trips (first report here), I can say it works pretty well.

Speed was always 2.0 Mbps or higher. No idea how many passengers were actually using the system however.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA EXP, UA 1K
Is FlyNet always so slow and patchy?

Sitting on LH484 and saw the hotspot sign and realized we have FlyNet. It's slow and it keeps dropping out. Is that the norm?

First time I have seen the new F (I'm in C) and I'm impressed - looks very nice!

When is the food coming..........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.