this might be an extreme stupid question. However as I am quite dissapointed with the current result I thought I would at least bring it up to the "Pros" on here ;-).
Me and my Girlfriend booked the following flight on Lufthansa:
- MUC-BJS Economy Class (S) -> 2 PAX (me and her)
- HKG-MUC Economy Class (V) -> 2 PAX (me and her)
The fare is composed as following:
Ticket Price: 520.00 Euro
Taxes and Fees: 310.52 Euro
Ticket Service Charge: 20.00 Euro
Voucher: -10.00 Euro
Total Price per Pax: 840 Euro
We wanted to re-schedule to a later point in time or cancel these flights and called LH on what the possibilities are.
Here is the answer (received by LH phone, so I do not know how true this is):
-> MUC-BJS (Economy S): This flight cannot be rebooked and cannot be canceled
-> HKD-MUC (Economy V): This flight could be rebooked for 100 Euros
--> In total, of the 840 Euro per flight we would get 80 Euro per person back if we cancelled the flights for a refund, so a total loss of 760 Euro.
Here are my questions:
1) Rebooking is not really an opiton in this case or is it and I simply do not see it, yet?
I mean, even if we would rebook the return leg, we would still have to come up with a one way flight to HKD, which might cost a fortune...
2) Cancellation for a Refund. Can this be really true, that we only get 25% of the service charge and taxes back (80 Euro out of the 310) or could this be a mistake by the phone operator?
3) Any other suggestions on how to tackle such a situation, so that I could minimize a loss of 2 x 760 Euro (1520 Euro)?
Sorry if you feel this is a waste of time, but as 1520 is quite a lot of money, I at least wanted to ask the Pros one time