Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 29, 11, 5:07 pm   #1

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3) *G / M&M (LH) - Blue / HHonors Silver / A|Club Platinum
Unhappy Question on Refund/Cancelation/Re-Booking of Economy Class S and V -> Costs Inside

Hello everybody,

this might be an extreme stupid question. However as I am quite dissapointed with the current result I thought I would at least bring it up to the "Pros" on here ;-).

Story:

Me and my Girlfriend booked the following flight on Lufthansa:

- MUC-BJS Economy Class (S) -> 2 PAX (me and her)
- HKG-MUC Economy Class (V) -> 2 PAX (me and her)

The fare is composed as following:

Ticket Price: 520.00 Euro
Taxes and Fees: 310.52 Euro
Ticket Service Charge: 20.00 Euro
Voucher: -10.00 Euro
Total Price per Pax: 840 Euro

We wanted to re-schedule to a later point in time or cancel these flights and called LH on what the possibilities are.

Here is the answer (received by LH phone, so I do not know how true this is):

-> MUC-BJS (Economy S): This flight cannot be rebooked and cannot be canceled
-> HKD-MUC (Economy V): This flight could be rebooked for 100 Euros
--> In total, of the 840 Euro per flight we would get 80 Euro per person back if we cancelled the flights for a refund, so a total loss of 760 Euro.

Here are my questions:

1) Rebooking is not really an opiton in this case or is it and I simply do not see it, yet?
I mean, even if we would rebook the return leg, we would still have to come up with a one way flight to HKD, which might cost a fortune...

2) Cancellation for a Refund. Can this be really true, that we only get 25% of the service charge and taxes back (80 Euro out of the 310) or could this be a mistake by the phone operator?

3) Any other suggestions on how to tackle such a situation, so that I could minimize a loss of 2 x 760 Euro (1520 Euro)?

Sorry if you feel this is a waste of time, but as 1520 is quite a lot of money, I at least wanted to ask the Pros one time

Thanks.
Thomas_384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 11, 1:18 am   #2

Rebooking the return-leg and not flying MUC-BJS is not an option. Your return-flight will be cancelled, if you do not fly the first leg.
rotanes is offline   Reply With Quote