Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Couldn't find anything searching from 2015.
How many of the LH A380s have wifi? Flying next week and at one point I have a time sensitive thing I need to register for while in flight.
Wifi in the air is never a guaranteed thing. I would absolutely prepare for Plan B in case you don't have a working Wifi onboard.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Couldn't find anything searching from 2015.
How many of the LH A380s have wifi? Flying next week and at one point I have a time sensitive thing I need to register for while in flight.
Agree with another post. Having it is one thing..WORKING is another. just plan for someone else to do the registering.... IMO
Old May 19, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
90 minutes connecting time in FRA

Moved by OP to connection thread

Last edited by Paulchili; May 19, 2015 at 10:35 am
Old May 19, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Only the retrofitted aircraft will have RAVE, the B748, A380 and two A330 will have the Panasonic ex2. AFAIK SEA will not be served by these though.
Aw nuts, thank you for the info!
Old May 21, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Payment Code "MS" on e-ticket

A colleague in Frankfurt has purchased an e-ticket from Lufthansa. When he prints the receipt, there is a cryptic code under Payment Details. For "Form of Payment" all that appears is the acronym "MS".

No one, including the Lufthansa reservations agent could tell him what it means.

But I'm sure that some FT'ers will clear up this mystery!
Old May 21, 2015, 8:52 pm

Baggage Allowance question -
whats the check in baggage allowance on Lufthansa flight from BLR to SFO

The website says 1x 23kg bag.
But the travel agent said its 2x23kg bags. The 1x bag is only if its code share with United airways.

Can anyone confirm, please.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hithesh123
Baggage Allowance question -
whats the check in baggage allowance on Lufthansa flight from BLR to SFO

The website says 1x 23kg bag.
But the travel agent said its 2x23kg bags. The 1x bag is only if its code share with United airways.

Can anyone confirm, please.
The normal baggage allowance for Economy is 1x 23kg bag. However, if you check this page on LH's website it's clearly stated:

Two bags each weighing up to 23 kg are permitted free of charge on the following routes:
Journeys starting in India and flying to the United States, Canada (4)

4= Applies only to routes via Europe. Applies to the whole journey regardless of stopovers.

So the travel agent is correct.
Old May 23, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The normal baggage allowance for Economy is 1x 23kg bag. However, if you check this page on LH's website it's clearly stated:

Two bags each weighing up to 23 kg are permitted free of charge on the following routes:
Journeys starting in India and flying to the United States, Canada (4)

4= Applies only to routes via Europe. Applies to the whole journey regardless of stopovers.

So the travel agent is correct.
Wow. Thanks. How did you fish out this information.
Even a friend who traveled from India to US, said it was 1bag.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
I am looking into booking a round-trip BRU-TPA in August. Both LH and UA website come with the same price. However, all flights are UA-operated. Is there any advantage/disadvantage booking through one or the other channel? The travel will be in P.
Thanks.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:25 am

Probably best to book through UA. Booking a codeshare might make it difficult to preselect your seats.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by transportprof
A colleague in Frankfurt has purchased an e-ticket from Lufthansa. When he prints the receipt, there is a cryptic code under Payment Details. For "Form of Payment" all that appears is the acronym "MS".

No one, including the Lufthansa reservations agent could tell him what it means.

But I'm sure that some FT'ers will clear up this mystery!
FP MS stands for 'miscellaneous': did he use vouchers or some other unusual type payment?
Old May 26, 2015, 3:13 am

I'm trying to look a multi-destination Business class ticket from BOM-DFW-JFK-DEN-PNQ/BOM & not having much luck with getting any good deals. At times, I do not get any result at all. It looks like this is mainly because of inserting the DFW stop as it is a AA hub and looks like they do not have any good United flights from DFW to JFK or LGA. (I do not want to fly to EWR). If I remove DFW as a stop, then results do show up.

Any suggestions on what is the best way to include DFW in the itinerary? The only option I'm thinking of now is to fly from LGA(NY) to DFW after landing in JFK. E.g book my multi-destination trip from BOM-JFK-DEN-PNQ and then another ticket LGA-DFW-LGA before flying to DEN.

Not to mention, the only results I got (non Lufthansa flights & mostly BA or AA) were expensive. But with so many miles involved, I do not want to try another alliance as I'm not a member of any.
Old May 26, 2015, 6:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For such things you need a TA, who can easily add a stop and use AA flights as feeders and still apply the India-US fare for the entire trip. LH has a few interline agreements that allow AA/US as domestic feeders in DFW/MIA/CLT for example.
Old May 26, 2015, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
For such things you need a TA, who can easily add a stop and use AA flights as feeders and still apply the India-US fare for the entire trip. LH has a few interline agreements that allow AA/US as domestic feeders in DFW/MIA/CLT for example.
Tried this on Expedia - the trip cost jumped considerably when I included DFW on AA - $9000+ as compared to $4000 without DFW. It may be better if I simply fly RT from LGA-DFW next day after I land in JFK. That comes to around $300 & that can be Y. e.g. BOM-MUC-JFK-(LGA-DFW-LGA)-EWR-DEN-PNQ

Thanks anyways.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: LH
Are there any restrictions on number of connecting flights on TATL award ticket?
E.g. Am I allowed to book award LAX-MUC-FRA-VIE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.