Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
hi all -

quick question and my sporadic searching did not yield too much specifics... That or I did not use the right terminology customary for the LH side of things

I am flying (CO *S, B fare) with my no status S-fare grandparents SEA-FRA. I was able to select a preferred seat on the TATL trip, but no go for nicer seats for them. They are on one PNR and i am on a separate one...

Call center advised that those seats are available only for online check-n. I am having a hard time believing that, and I have not had an issue assigning similar companion seats on other carriers.

Is LH really protecting their seats that much? or, did I just get agents who are too -by-the-rules?

Should I keep trying the phone game, wait till airport checkin, or is there an alternate way to get the seat assignments together?

Thanks for your help!

-v
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
I am flying (CO *S, B fare) with my no status S-fare grandparents SEA-FRA. I was able to select a preferred seat on the TATL trip, but no go for nicer seats for them. They are on one PNR and i am on a separate one...

Call center advised that those seats are available only for online check-n. I am having a hard time believing that, and I have not had an issue assigning similar companion seats on other carriers.
LH blocks certain seats for variouis reasons. Some can only be reserved in advance by M&M's own status passengers, some are blocked for families, some are considered premium seats (though exactly the same seats as the rest of the cabin) because they are closer to the front, etc. Most or all of them become available to any passenger when online check-in starts 23 hrs before departure or at the airport.

If you are interested there was some discussion on blocked seats in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...p-blocked.html
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
There's no trip report on FT about LH A380 F experience as far as I know, but a more or less "live" report by danielbk on the inaugural flight to NRT can be found in the following thread around post #69 to #100 with photos and links to videos.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...light-nrt.html

In the same thread there's a report with photos by Diamond Seats who flew in Y on the same inaugural flight (posts #100-120).

There's also a thread which reviews the F product on LH A380 in some detail.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ew-thread.html

I have posted some photos of my trip to NRT and back on A380 in F and a tour of LH A380 "München" during Star Mega Do 2 on flickr.

Thanks NewbieR, danielbk, DiamondSeats etc... for content contribution and reply. After viewing, makes me want to switch the SO's tix with my own.

Regards,

luvFclass
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Most or all of them become available to any passenger when online check-in starts 23 hrs before departure or at the airport.

Thanks! The thread was a great resource as well- much appreciated
Let me know if you need anything Delta
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:30 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by matt in france
Sorry, won't work then. For the Business saver fares, it has to be on LX metal. And the Ticket does say Business, though it uses the Y booking restrictions.
matt, thanks. You gave me some quite valuable insights. I'll go ahead and book it in Q, probably including a stop in MXP. I assume there is no chance to book a ticket in Q somewhere online (i.e. without a 25 EUR telephone service charge)?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
luggage on upgraded flight (one leg of two connected flights)

I have a newbie question ;-)

Since my miles are expiring soon, I plan to upgrade my poor M class (eco) to C (business) on flight from SFO-MUC leg of my trip.. I will continue my trip from MUC to KTW in M class

Questions that I have:

1/ am I eligible for two pieces of luggage on way from SFO to KTW if I check them through in SFO to arrive in KTW? or will they deny 2 bags?

2/ Can I enter any lounge in MUC when I fly to MUC as C class
(or is there any welcome lounge?)

Ex
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
1. Yes, should be possible, they don't mind that much. Make sure you are upgraded before checking in.
2. No welcome lounge, but you can use the business lounges on arrival, showing the C BP from the previous flight.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
2. No welcome lounge, but you can use the business lounges on arrival, showing the C BP from the previous flight.
you mean this lounge ->
http://www.munich-airport.de/en/cons...h_eu/index.jsp

?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

There are two large business lounges in MUC, one on the G level, the other on the H level. You can use both.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/At-th...0the%20airport
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExGleiwitz
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There are two large business lounges in MUC, one on the G level, the other on the H level. You can use both.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/At-th...0the%20airport
I would go to the Schengen business lounge on Level G (Level 4) after passport control. I've never been there but it must be better and more convenient than the one on Level H (Level 5).
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Platinum, Marco Polo Gold
Hi All,

Quick question - My partner and I recently flew with LH and whilst I am a M&M member, she isn't. Is it possible to enrol her on the programme and then ask LH to credit her account with the miles from our last flight?

Thanks in advance,

Adam
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by ad00am
Hi All,

Quick question - My partner and I recently flew with LH and whilst I am a M&M member, she isn't. Is it possible to enrol her on the programme and then ask LH to credit her account with the miles from our last flight?

Thanks in advance,

Adam
Adam,

Yes your partner can enroll here

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

and retrospectively claim for the miles up to 6 months after the flight
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Yes your partner can enroll here

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

and retrospectively claim for the miles up to 6 months after the flight
On the other hand according to M&M Terms & Conditions:

1.2. Commencement of membership
Membership commences upon enrolment, when an individual mileage account is opened through Lufthansa or a joint operator of the programme.
2.3. Mileage accrual
Miles may be earned from the commencement of membership. The number of miles credited depends on the programme conditions valid at the time of utilisation of the service. For all flights or partner services eligible for mileage accrual that have taken place in the period between the application for membership and the opening of the personal mileage account, mileage is credited subject to the procedure stated in item 2.3.6.
2.3.6 Crediting procedure
... Any mileage not automatically registered can be credited to the member’s account within 6 months of use of the service concerned. For this purpose, Miles & More requires the complete documents (original boarding pass plus copy of passenger receipt, or original hotel or rental car invoice).
So it may be possible to apply for membership after the flight and claim miles later. After all aren't there forms in the inflight magazine which you can fill out and send with your boarding pass to apply for M&M membership and have miles credited?

Has anyone managed to get miles credited doing what Circumknowitall suggests?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:21 pm

Yes, I signed up my then GF now wife and sent in BPs for retro credit going as far back as 3 months. YMMV. This was 2002
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Has anyone managed to get miles credited doing what Circumknowitall suggests?
I know quite a few people who did. I guess in-flight enrollment is a very valuable source of new members for any airline so of course they will allow this. Some even actively promote this (NZ: "Its not to late to claim the miles for this flight").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.