Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish lounge in WAW Schengen: 'Polonez'

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by TPJ
Correct - this is NOT a LOT Lounge - this is a Polish Airport Authorities lounge branded like a LOT lounge...
Originally Posted by Lack
I don't think bolero lounge (non-schengen) even pretends to be a LOT lounge.
Only the Polonez lounge one level higher from the main concourse is LOT branded, Bolero is purely airport authority.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:15 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Would the hot meal menu ever change at the Elite lounge-within-a-lounge?

So we have sausages and quiche in the morning.
So we have soup and quiche in the afternoon (some sort of cabbage quiche - quite weird).

Maybe it is time to change the menu
Old May 20, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF/KL Platinum, QR Gold (OW Sapphire), A-Club Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Question LOT to take over the lounge in WAW

According to rumours of the Warsaw Chopin Airport Authority (which runs LOT lounge on its behalf) LOT should take over the POLONEZ LOT BUSINESS LOUNGE at WAW as of the 1st of June 2015 and run it independently from the Warsaw Airport Authority (which will be the very first time in Poland). If it's true, I wonder the catering offer and service quality will drop even more or they plan any enhancements there...
Old May 20, 2015, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by michi78
According to rumours of the Warsaw Chopin Airport Authority (which runs LOT lounge on its behalf) LOT should take over the POLONEZ LOT BUSINESS LOUNGE at WAW as of the 1st of June 2015 and run it independently from the Warsaw Airport Authority (which will be the very first time in Poland). If it's true, I wonder the catering offer and service quality will drop even more or they plan any enhancements there...
Blimey, that's a news (I thought LO had other priorities at the moment). Well, I don't think it can be any worse [in terms of catering] so let's try and look at the bright side...

G
Old May 20, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
If it's true, I wonder the catering offer and service quality will drop even more or they plan any enhancements there...
Even more? What's left? Tea?
Old May 20, 2015, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
What's left? Tea?
And Prince Polo!

G
Old May 20, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
And Prince Polo!

G
Tea with Prince Polo is the way to go .
Who cares if the rubber cheese and plastic salame get dismissed.
palcsaky likes this.
Old May 20, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Do you guys know if this is still a * Gold lounge? On the LOT website it says the Business Polonez lounge "...and Star Alliance Gold members" but on the star alliance lounge finder, I put in all my info WAW-SVO and status etc, said no lounge access. I know that finder can be a bit buggy but can anyone confirm which is right?
Old May 20, 2015, 8:42 pm
TPJ

Originally Posted by drvannostren
WAW-SVO
LO metal - Schengen lounge (including lounge-within-a-lounge = hot food, better booze) or non-Schengen lounge - downstairs after Immigration (but not both as your B/Pass gets stamped).

SU metal - no access, unless you are in C - then it is non-Schengen lounge, after Immigration.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
LO metal - Schengen lounge (including lounge-within-a-lounge = hot food, better booze) or non-Schengen lounge - downstairs after Immigration (but not both as your B/Pass gets stamped).

SU metal - no access, unless you are in C - then it is non-Schengen lounge, after Immigration.
Brilliant thanks. I won't exit security because the connection is only a couple hours, it's all LO metal too so this works perfectly.
Old May 22, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
According to rumours of the Warsaw Chopin Airport Authority (which runs LOT lounge on its behalf) LOT should take over the POLONEZ LOT BUSINESS LOUNGE at WAW.
That's good news I guess. Maybe they will finally replace the sofas which are so used, every with a big hole...
Old May 24, 2015, 12:03 am
TPJ

Airport Authorities are about to open 2 new lounges in the new, recently rebuilt part of the terminal. This may explain why they let LO to independently operate Polonez.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
And by the way, a bit of a warning to those who will arrive at Warsaw airport and have someone waiting for them, or want to order a cab. Better explain in simple terms, where you want to be picked up, because:
on arrivals, the signs read "Terminal 2" for the one that has been in operation for a few years now, and "Terminal 1" for the old one that has now been refurbished and reopened (you see, "new" and "old" don't work for a description).
In a stroke of genius, on departure level they are named "Terminal A" (=2) and "Terminal B" (=1), respectively.
And if this is not confusing enough, well, Warsaw airport authorities have introduced new "sector" names for the entrances, with signs where each airline check-in is situated. And, you won't believe this, Terminal A has sectors C,D,E, while Terminal B has sectors A and B.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
And by the way, a bit of a warning to those who will arrive at Warsaw airport and have someone waiting for them, or want to order a cab. Better explain in simple terms, where you want to be picked up, because:
on arrivals, the signs read "Terminal 2" for the one that has been in operation for a few years now, and "Terminal 1" for the old one that has now been refurbished and reopened (you see, "new" and "old" don't work for a description).
In a stroke of genius, on departure level they are named "Terminal A" (=2) and "Terminal B" (=1), respectively.
And if this is not confusing enough, well, Warsaw airport authorities have introduced new "sector" names for the entrances, with signs where each airline check-in is situated. And, you won't believe this, Terminal A has sectors C,D,E, while Terminal B has sectors A and B.
Nightmare indeed! That's what you call ease of reference

G
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
With the renovation/upgrade of the old terminal @ WAW there was some hope for new lounges. Recently I've came across some photos and info on two new ones (Fantazja & Preludium, following the naming convention after F.Chopin's works) that are placed near gates 33-35 and 36-37. (source here - text in Polish only but you can check out the photos).

Everything looks very appealing, BUT I was completely astonished to read they are both intended for One World, Sky Team and other, not affiliated airlines (ie. NOT *Alliance). The only sensible outcome of this is freeing space in the current Schengen lounge they occupy ("Bolero", between gates 20 and 21) and turning it into something actually worth visiting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.