Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Exclamation Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Hello There, I have some questions about the eVouchers. I tried to look at the forum and at the FAQs and did not find the answers. Sorry if I ask something that had already benn asked in the forum.

1. Lets say I fly TLV-FRA-ORD one way (all operated by LH). Do I need 2 eVouchers for each flight (e.g. 4 vouchers) or only 2?
If only 2 - can I use the same amount of vouchers for TLV-FRA(LH)-ORD(UA)?
2. Can I use eVouchers on CO or US (according to the FAQs no, I just wanted to check again)?
3. Is there a list of booking classes on which I can use the eVouchers?

THX in advance.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gordo6
1. Lets say I fly TLV-FRA-ORD one way (all operated by LH). Do I need 2 eVouchers for each flight (e.g. 4 vouchers) or only 2?
If only 2 - can I use the same amount of vouchers for TLV-FRA(LH)-ORD(UA)?
2. Can I use eVouchers on CO or US (according to the FAQs no, I just wanted to check again)?
3. Is there a list of booking classes on which I can use the eVouchers?
I'll try and answer what I can.

1. You need 2 eVouchers for each segment: TLV-FRA and FRA-ORD. I wasn't aware of it until I read this thread but eVouchers work on UA - if there are any seats left to upgrade to!
2. Don't know the answer. Probably not.
3. On LH longhaul all classes except heavily discounted Economy booking classes i.e. T, L, W, S.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'll try and answer what I can.

1. You need 2 eVouchers for each segment: TLV-FRA and FRA-ORD. I wasn't aware of it until I read this thread but eVouchers work on UA - if there are any seats left to upgrade to!
2. Don't know the answer. Probably not.
3. On LH longhaul all classes except heavily discounted Economy booking classes i.e. T, L, W, S.
Thanks. Regarding question number 3 - can anyone tell me the classes for all airlines that I can use eVouchers with? Are these the same classes as regular miles upgrades? If so, there is a list of classes on M+M.COM, so I will not need the list I asked for.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Rule of thumb:
for which you get full mileage credit.

If you get anything less then 100%, then most probably you can't upgrade that ticket.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:14 pm

A couple of clarifications

1. As your address is in Israel, you only need 1 e-Voucher for TLV-FRA and vv.
2. On CO you can only use e-vouchers in Y and B class. Not very useful.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:42 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
What is the best way to ensure that eVoucher can be used?

Say you want to book 2x Y seats between FRA-SIN and then use 8 upgrade eVouchers to move yourself and your companion to C on both legs.

What is the best way to ensure that a round-trip upgrade for those two persons is possible before making a booking?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Check for I class availability on M&M beforehand and book eligible Y fare.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 4:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
IMHO upgrading from Z to O is a much better use of eVouchers.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Basically it's for my parents, who always fly LH long-haul via SIN. Their standard procedure is to purchase C tickets though I have noticed in my dad's M&M account that he has 8 eVouchers. So this time I thought I might just get Y tickets and burn those vouchers to get rid of them.

F is a nice step-up but as they're on a night flight they're just looking to get some sleep (I think the FRA-SIN flight takes off at around 22:00) and have always found C to be perfectly fine.

They did get upgraded from C to F once. Upon boarding they discovered that there were other people in their sears so they asked the FA for assistance. It turned out that the people in their seats and my parents had BPs with the exact same seat numbers... hmmm... interesting! I can vouch for this story as it happened to my parents and not a friend of a friend of a friend. Anyway, C was full but the FA acted professionally and moved them upstairs info F.

Moral of the story... don't be the first to get onboard! You might just get lucky and get bumped into a higher class of travel (though things would have been messy had F been full or only had one free seat available...).
Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They should use the evouchers to upgrade to F.
Double seat assignments are more common than one might believe. Happens all the time.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:33 pm

Yeah, I might convince them to go the F route, but only if the seat is worth it as they aren't going to eat tray food at close to midnight (I need to ask them their impressions about the differences in C/F). The plus side is that if the eVouchers don't work out for some reason... at least they'll still be in C.

Do I need to book in a specific tariff or do seats in F in a certain booking class have to be available for the vouchers to work?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

O Class needs to be available and all LH Business Class fares are eligible (Z,D,C,J) for upgrade (ex-SIN)
Old Aug 8, 2010, 5:06 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by aster
Do I need to book in a specific tariff or do seats in F in a certain booking class have to be available for the vouchers to work?
All paid business fares are eligible for the upgrade (unless you are on some specially negotiated deal which specifically prohibits this).
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Delta between Y and C is bigger than between C and F in my opinion.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 6:17 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by KIXJNB
Delta between Y and C is bigger than between C and F in my opinion.
In terms of comfort definitely, in terms of price YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.