Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
they can, on LX.
Correct ^

I was just too focused on a particular LH fare
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Call the SEN/HON number in Germany and ask them to send it to the appropriate queue.
What queue is that? Meaning, what shall you tell them when asking for the waitlist to go to the right queue?

Further, I have applied for upgrade by eVoucher on LH flight.
On my account statement it says eVoucher deducted for upgrade.
But when I check the booking it is still for waitlist in I though.
This all happened about 60-70 hrs prior to departure.

What does this mean? Am I upgraded or not?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The SEN hotline knows the queue...

The voucher is usually deducted at about T-72h, even if you didn't clear, that way all is ready to go when things clear.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:27 pm

Called this morning and they said nowadays it's only one queue... don't know if that's correct or not - but doesn't really matter since the upgraded cleared later today!

However, the nice lady confirmed that eVoucers are deducted about 3 days before departure and automatically reinstalled if the upgrade does not clear.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:44 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Secure LH Upgrade voucher within new tariff structure

I have two LH upgrade voucher (SEN voucher) and thought I can still park them with a flexible ticket. Today I learned, that most of the flexible tickets come with a heavy 65 Euro cancelation fee + service fee + card fee.

Any idea how I could secure my voucher? Are there any routes and alliances within Star Alliance you can suggest, which come with a reasonable cancelation fee? Last year I could secure my voucher with a booking FRA-St Petersburg in business. Cancellation fee was 30 Euro. But this seems to be history now.

I need to go ahead by 11 pm tonight as my vouchers would then expire.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Buy a one way full fare Y ticket on longhaul... why muck about with short haul?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

I have 2 evouchers that expire at the end of the year.

If I purchase a revenue ticket for next year(Feb), in either Economy or Business, on a flight where there are award seats in the higher COS, when I request the upgrade will it be confirmed immediately or not?

I remember having read here that the stock for awards and upgrades is not the same so can it be that I do not get the confirmation before the vouchers expire?

It is easier to get the confirmation if I try to upgrade from eco to Biz than from Biz to First?

I guess that I could buy the ticket, contact M&M within 24 hrs, and in case they cannot confirm the upgrade, cancel it for free.

Thanks for your insight!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

I have 2 evouchers that expire at the end of the year.

If I purchase a revenue ticket for next year(Feb), in either Economy or Business, on a flight where there are award seats in the higher COS, when I request the upgrade will it be confirmed immediately or not?

I remember having read here that the stock for awards and upgrades is not the same so can it be that I do not get the confirmation before the vouchers expire?

It is easier to get the confirmation if I try to upgrade from eco to Biz than from Biz to First?

I guess that I could buy the ticket, contact M&M within 24 hrs, and in case they cannot confirm the upgrade, cancel it for free.

Thanks for your insight!
Yep, if award space is open evouchers are very likely to clear. You can do the upgrade online too, so no need to call in.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yep, if award space is open evouchers are very likely to clear. You can do the upgrade online too, so no need to call in.
Thanks very much for the info oliver2002!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Originally Posted by more4less
Thanks very much for the info oliver2002!
just as an additional data point: last year, I booked a Premium Eco ticket and wanted to upgrade with miles (plenty of I availability per M&M website and call center at time of booking). However, the waitlist did not clear until shortly before departure.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by davidcito
just as an additional data point: last year, I booked a Premium Eco ticket and wanted to upgrade with miles (plenty of I availability per M&M website and call center at time of booking). However, the waitlist did not clear until shortly before departure.
Thanks davidcito,

My final idea was to book a Premium Eco Ticket and try to upgrade it online, as oliver2002 has suggested.
Following your post I will call M&M because if it does not clear immediately or only one of the segments is confirmed, I will cancel the ticket and try to use the evouchers on a destination that it is easier to get the upgrade confirmed.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
eVoucher dilemma

I am booked to the US on LH in flexible economy. Trying to use my eVouchers to upgrade the return leg. The M&M agent gave me a choice between (a) upgrade to Premium Eco straight away but lose the ability to upgrade further to Business or (b) get on the waitlist for Business and if the upgrade to Business does not go through there's a risk Premium Eco will no longer be available --> I will be stuck in Economy. My two questions:
1. Is it correct that once you are upgraded to Premium, your booking is not eligible for further upgrades by means of another eVoucher?
2. Is there anything like a preferential waitlist for SEN? Whenever I booked with miles in the past I was always able to get the dates I wanted thanks to the Senator waitlist.
What would you do in my shoes?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by planestupid
What would you do in my shoes?
get an exit row confirmed and then waitlist C.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:15 am

WL for C as SEN, should clear easily. You can always buy up to PE if it doesn't clear (recall the current free PE buyup without fare penalty offer).
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Why would it clear easily? I have been stuck in Y once because e-vouchers didn't confirm. It happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.