Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Check for I class availability on M&M beforehand and book eligible Y fare.
Just to reiterate, if I do go down the Y > C route then as long as there are at least two seats in I class available (and an eligible Y fare is booked) then the eVoucher is guaranteed to go through?

Does the upgrade go through instantly or does it take some time (in which say the I seats might disappear and the upgrade will be turned down)?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by aster
Just to reiterate, if I do go down the Y > C route then as long as there are at least two seats in I class available (and an eligible Y fare is booked) then the eVoucher is guaranteed to go through?

Does the upgrade go through instantly or does it take some time (in which say the I seats might disappear and the upgrade will be turned down)?
I have never used the evouchers to UPG from Y to C, but I have used a couple of times the PPB points to upgrade from Y to C, which also goes to fare bucket I, and have cleared inmediately.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The upgrade will clear instantly if the I class seats are available.
However, there is the risk that in the time between issuing the Y ticket and requesting the upgrade the seats disappear. Then your parents would be stuck in Y.
Alos note, that if you need to rebook the flights to a different date the Y fare rules apply and you lose the upgrade and need to find new I availability.

For me all of the above is to restrictive / risky.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by Rambuster
For me all of the above is to restrictive / risky.
+1 not worth risiking to fly FRA-SIN in Y
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If the Y ticket is booked and the I availability goes away your TA still can cancel the ticket within the 24h window without penalty.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If the Y ticket is booked and the I availability goes away your TA still can cancel the ticket within the 24h window without penalty.
This is one of the great features of booking via a TA instead of online !
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Can someone please enlighten me if the following classes booked on LH # can be upgradeable using eVoucher : S, W, V

Thanks

PS - I know V is possible.. but am unsure about the other 2.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Can someone please enlighten me if the following classes booked on LH # can be upgradeable using eVoucher : S, W, V

Thanks

PS - I know V is possible.. but am unsure about the other 2.
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...&cid=1000243#4

Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.

On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes:
- Adria Airways (JP) E, G, K, L, T, U
- Austrian Airlines Group (OS) L, O, T
- Croatia Airlines (OU) E, L, S, T, U, W
- SWISS (LX) E, I, L, P, T, X
- Lufthansa (LH), Air Dolomiti (EN) and LOT Polish Airlines (LO) E, L, T

On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes:
- LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, W
- SWISS (LX) I, E, P, T, W, X
- Austrian Airlines (OS) E, K, L, T, O, S, W, U
- Lufthansa (LH), Adria Airways (JP), Air Dolomiti (EN), Austrian Airlines Group (OS) and Croatia Airlines (OU) L, S, W, U
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Oh, rats !
Old Oct 13, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Are the fare conditions/limitations the same for burning miles for upgrades as they are for using eVouchers?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 3:39 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Are the fare conditions/limitations the same for burning miles for upgrades as they are for using eVouchers?
I haven't studied the small print but if you are asking when a flight is upgradable with miles is it also upgradable with eVouchers and vice versa, I think the answer is yes. When you display your bookings online the options to upgrade with miles or eVouchers always appear together, if the flight can be upgraded.

It is of course more advantageous to use eVouchers for upgrades which require a larger number of miles because of the distance or the original (upgradable) booking class.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:10 am

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I haven't studied the.....<...>
It is of course more advantageous to use eVouchers for upgrades which require a larger number of miles because of the distance or the original (upgradable) booking class.
Then why do I need miles for? I'm keep saving and saving (have an idea for what but it's only 2/3 of the way done) and it looks like, there is no end to it...

Every one says, it's better to use vouchers. But if we get only two vouchers per two years (unless you push another 100K of course). Is there a special door where I can knock and get more vouchers??
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:42 am

Thanks NR. I checked the T&Cs and some of the booking classes there have been upgraded, but when I called customer support they gave me a completely different range of letters.

I still have to check that 'I' fare seats are available in C though, or is an upgrade always possible if there are any open seats in C available?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by mr.pliner
Then why do I need miles for? I'm keep saving and saving (have an idea for what but it's only 2/3 of the way done) and it looks like, there is no end to it...
Miles are better for awards. Europe to North America in Business for 90k miles. To upgrade Economy (other than B,Y) to Business for the same route you need 100k miles.

Every one says, it's better to use vouchers. But if we get only two vouchers per two years (unless you push another 100K of course). Is there a special door where I can knock and get more vouchers??
Become a HON and get 6 eVouchers? Then for additional 150k miles get 2 more (until the end of 2010)?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:58 am

Thanks NR. I checked the T&Cs and some of the booking classes there have been upgraded, but when I called customer support they gave me a completely different range of letters.

I still have to check that 'I' fare seats are available in C though, or is an upgrade always possible if there are any open seats in C available?
I think you need "I" availability to upgrade whether with miles or eVouchers.

Are you saying the call centre gave you different information from the T&C?

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.

On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes:
- Adria Airways (JP) E, G, K, L, T, U
- Austrian Airlines Group (OS) L, O, T
- Croatia Airlines (OU) E, L, T
- SWISS (LX) E, I, L, P, T, X
- Lufthansa (LH) and Air Dolomiti (EN) E, L, T
- LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, W, O, S****

On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes:
- LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, W
- SWISS (LX) I, E, P, T, W, X
- Austrian Airlines (OS) E, K, L, T, O, S, W, U
- Lufthansa (LH), Adria Airways (JP), Air Dolomiti (EN), Austrian Airlines Group (OS) and Croatia Airlines (OU) L, S, W, U

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.