Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: QR platinum
same here , no expiry date

Could it that this is one of the benefits having a foreign MMcredit card
no mileage expiration with Miles & More Credit Cards
Your award miles will not expire after 36 months, but will remain valid for an unlimited time if you meet the conditions

Benefit from no mileage expiration with Miles & More Credit Cards
Your award miles will not expire after 36 months, but will remain valid for an unlimited time if you meet the following conditions:

- You have been a Miles & More Credit Cardholder for at least 3 months, and

- Each month you need to have minimum 1 purchase (that is not returned or refunded) with your Miles & More Credit Card which is eligible for miles.

This is only valid for the Miles & More account on which the award miles for the Miles & More Credit Card are credited.
If you meet these conditions, none of your award miles will expire - it doesn't matter if you earned/will earn them with flights, purchases or specials offered by other Miles & More partners
Expired miles cannot be reactivated by using the Miles & More Credit Card.
If one of the above conditions is not met, the mileage expiration is reactivated. The reversion will be announced in your Miles & More account statement and will become effective as of the following quarter. Award miles that were exempted from expiration and/or would have normally expired during this time will remain valid until then.
Mileage expiration will be suspended under the above mentioned conditions for the following Miles & More Credit Cards: - follows list of MM credit cards by country
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by beepee
same here , no expiry date

Could it that this is one of the benefits having a foreign MMcredit card
no mileage expiration with Miles & More Credit Cards
Your award miles will not expire after 36 months, but will remain valid for an unlimited time if you meet the conditions

Benefit from no mileage expiration with Miles & More Credit Cards
Your award miles will not expire after 36 months, but will remain valid for an unlimited time if you meet the following conditions:

- You have been a Miles & More Credit Cardholder for at least 3 months, and

- Each month you need to have minimum 1 purchase (that is not returned or refunded) with your Miles & More Credit Card which is eligible for miles.

This is only valid for the Miles & More account on which the award miles for the Miles & More Credit Card are credited.
If you meet these conditions, none of your award miles will expire - it doesn't matter if you earned/will earn them with flights, purchases or specials offered by other Miles & More partners
Expired miles cannot be reactivated by using the Miles & More Credit Card.
If one of the above conditions is not met, the mileage expiration is reactivated. The reversion will be announced in your Miles & More account statement and will become effective as of the following quarter. Award miles that were exempted from expiration and/or would have normally expired during this time will remain valid until then.
Mileage expiration will be suspended under the above mentioned conditions for the following Miles & More Credit Cards: - follows list of MM credit cards by country
Hi beepee,

I do not think is related to a MM credit card because I do not have one and my account is not showing the expiry date yet.
I understand that even with a MM c/c, the evouchers have a limited validity.
According to the information provided by NewbieRunner the 2 evouchers that we received in Nov. 2011 will have a validity of 24 months, so up to Nov 2013(or Jan 2014). My guess is that at the beg. of July we will see the exp.date indicated in our MM accounts
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I didn't know about 2 additional eVouchers for +300k status miles. If you subsequently qualify as HON (in the following year) do you get 6 eVouchers in addition? (Note that the question is purely academic. )
Yes. I got two as SEN in September, there was a loyalty promotion for SEN reaching 300k HON or status miles, I can't remember which.

I then got another six when I reached HON early December.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: LH, UA
So, is there a consensus whether the date of travel or the date of ticket purchase/upgrade confirmation is relevant for the eUPG? I always thought it's date of travel but would be happy to be convinced otherwise.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by starbucks_MUC
So, is there a consensus whether the date of travel or the date of ticket purchase/upgrade confirmation is relevant for the eUPG? I always thought it's date of travel but would be happy to be convinced otherwise.
Its date of upgrade/use of the voucher, the flight can be for a later date.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Is the probability of being able to use vouchers greater by booking tickets well ahead of time, or does availability appear only at a certain number of months/weeks ahead of the flight date?

Also, if for some reason vouchers cannot be used on a certain date to go from C to F, is changing the flight date online a fairly pain-free process if changes are permitted/cost-free?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: LH, UA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its date of upgrade/use of the voucher, the flight can be for a later date.
Thanks for the info! And I assume that it vaporizes if there are any changes to the upgraded flight, such as a refund or re-booking?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sadly yes.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aster
Is the probability of being able to use vouchers greater by booking tickets well ahead of time, or does availability appear only at a certain number of months/weeks ahead of the flight date?

Also, if for some reason vouchers cannot be used on a certain date to go from C to F, is changing the flight date online a fairly pain-free process if changes are permitted/cost-free?
Depends on the flight for availability.

Ability to change your flight date depends on your ticket purchased- if you have a fully flexible ticket then changing is pain-free as long as the fare class is available on the new flight you are looking at. If you don't have a fully flexibile ticket it can be costly (or not) or even not allowed at all (look at the fare rules for some P and Z fares for example depending on originating market).
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Thanks, was hoping it would be as easy as on SQ where if there are no price differences then it's literally *click* *click* here and there and your flight date is easily changed.

What is the best way to check F loads/availability to pinpoint a date when the entire F cabin is empty? Does ExpertFlyer show this or is there another or better way (apart from the LH engine that let's you view the seatmap before paying for a booking)?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aster
Thanks, was hoping it would be as easy as on SQ where if there are no price differences then it's literally *click* *click* here and there and your flight date is easily changed.

What is the best way to check F loads/availability to pinpoint a date when the entire F cabin is empty? Does ExpertFlyer show this or is there another or better way (apart from the LH engine that let's you view the seatmap before paying for a booking)?
An empty F cabin does not necessarily mean F/upgrade awards are available. I'd search M&M for dates when F awards are available.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:11 am

Ok, so if 2x F flight awards are available in M&M then that translates into being able to use vouchers to upgrade two pax from C to F?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Are you sure as this is not the case with miles when they are recredited to your account after eg returning an order to the worldshop
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kasi
Are you sure as this is not the case with miles when they are recredited to your account after eg returning an order to the worldshop
Yes, if the miles were regular miles from someone without status or a LH CC (which makes them not expire) then they would also vanish if flight / upgrade is redeemed for a period that lies beyond the expiry date of the miles.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
M&M eVoucher expiration date now shown online

Not sure if it is really worth an own thread but I did not find a suitable existing one. So Mods pls feel free to move.

Just discovered in my M&M Profile that now the expiration date of some eVouchers is shown:

Don't ask me, why it's in English/German language mix....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.