Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Be informed that SQ does not allow upgrades to F at the airport as they need to be informed at least 24h in advance. At least that's what I've been told when I tried to burn e-vouchers on ZRH-SIN from Biz to First. I asked before my feeder flight to ZRH at MUC airport.
I think aster gave in and went with LH ex FRA.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I went with LH as this was actually an ex-WAW booking. Funnily enough SQ has still not figured out how to add WAW to their online system even though they have codeshare flights to this city.

As mentioned the upgrade to F (2 pax) on the return leg to FRA went through easily. What's interesting is that the FRA-WAW leg will be on the Dreamliner, and with seats purchased in C it was interesting to see that the online system also offered the chance to burn some vouchers here and get bumped to... F.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Just out of curiosity - if you book a C award using miles then can you still use an eVoucher to perform an upgrade to F?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by aster
Just out of curiosity - if you book a C award using miles then can you still use an eVoucher to perform an upgrade to F?
Unfortunately not
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by aster
With BA you can do that when you get 2500 tier points loyalty upgrade vouchers, which can be used to upgrade 2 people on the same booking ^

With LH of course NO.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
The eUPG expires in July '13. Can I still use them after that?

Before you say 'Nein' , hear me out..

The eUPG Vouchers expire on 31 July this year. If I purchase a ticket for travel in October, can I use them for that ticket? I know LH takes those vouchers 'out' when requested.. Which will probably be done when I purchase the ticket in June.

I'd prefer to use them on SQ than LH !
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: LH HON
TECHNICALLY: no problem, you can use the eVoucher just like miles - while it's there, you can also apply it to future travel beyond it's validity.

ACTUALLY: I guess you are aware of the high booking class requirements on *A Partners (even worse than on LH group) as well as the extremly low ratio of released award seats towards these partners by SQ, at least in the past?

That said, if space is available, you can do it but that's a big IF.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The eUPG Vouchers expire on 31 July this year. If I purchase a ticket for travel
Your M&M account should now show the expiry date(s) of eVouchers under mileage account and my old eVouchers expire on 30.06.2013 rather than the end of July.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
my old eVouchers expire on 30.06.2013 rather than the end of July.
I got the same thing for what's left from my evouchers
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I have two from my SEN renewal in Nov 10 and two from Nov 12. My account shows:
2 eVoucher(s) expire(s) on 30.06.2013.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:08 am

Hi,

I have 4 evouchers. Nothing it is mentioned in the account about expiration.

2 correspond to the Sen renovation in 2011(up to 2/2014) and 2 for the +300k status miles(changes introduced last year).

I was quite sure that the 2 evouchers of the Sen renovation were expiring on the 30/6/2013, but from this thread I understand that are valid up to 06/2014?

Thanks for your help,
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

2 correspond to the Sen renovation in 2011(up to 2/2014) and 2 for the +300k status miles(changes introduced last year).

I was quite sure that the 2 evouchers of the Sen renovation were expiring on the 30/6/2013, but from this thread I understand that are valid up to 06/2014?

Thanks for your help,
From M&M website:
How long do eVouchers remain valid?

* eVouchers accrued up to 30 June 2010 will remain valid for a further 36 months and will not expire until 1 July 2013.
* eVouchers accrued between 1 July 2010 and 30 March 2011 likewise will not expire until 1 July 2013 and therefore have a validity of up to 36 months.
* All eVouchers accrued from 1 April 2011 onwards will be valid for 24 months.
So eVouchers accrued towards the end of 2011 (or early 2012?) should be valid for 24 months.

I didn't know about 2 additional eVouchers for +300k status miles. If you subsequently qualify as HON (in the following year) do you get 6 eVouchers in addition? (Note that the question is purely academic. )
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
From M&M website:

So eVouchers accrued towards the end of 2011 (or early 2012?) should be valid for 24 months.

I didn't know about 2 additional eVouchers for +300k status miles. If you subsequently qualify as HON (in the following year) do you get 6 eVouchers in addition? (Note that the question is purely academic. )
Thanks for the info NewbieRunner,

Do not know about the 6 extra evouchers if I ever reached HON, but it was always a bit too far away to try to go for it via a couple of MR and, from my few visits to the FCL/FCT, it was great for my diet not to obtain it...

In the old good days I should have credited some miles to BMI or UA but I was too lazy to do it.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:08 am

Hi,

Thanks for your help,

Yes, mine are also lasting longer than expected. I have 10, was expecting 8 to expire in 6/2013 (and had been spending on that basis) as I had received 6 of them from gaining HON in December 08 plus 2 from dropping to SEN in November 2010. The 2 from renewing SEN in November 2012 will still last for a few years of course.

It seems that only 2 are expiring in June 2013
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB platinum, BAEC bronze
Hi,

Thanks for your help,
same with me. I have 2 eV, but no mention is made of their expiry date. Does the mileage statement only show expiry dates for those which expire in 2013 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.