Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Sorry to hijack this thread..

But how does one do an eVoucher upgrade on say, SQ?

If I have bought the SQ ticket in 'S' class, do I submit info on M&M website? Or do I call into the SEN line since its an eVoucher and not using miles...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Sorry to hijack this thread..

But how does one do an eVoucher upgrade on say, SQ?

If I have bought the SQ ticket in 'S' class, do I submit info on M&M website? Or do I call into the SEN line since its an eVoucher and not using miles...
For SQ upgrades call M&M or have your travel agent do it for you (they can do this as long as you authorize them and give them your PIN).

IIRC with Miles and More to upgrade on SQ from economy to business you need to have only B or Y classes.

I have never attempted an upgrade from economy to business however from D to F works fine as long as it is not an A388 (i.e. there usually is space and it does work).
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Fare bucket?

Please let me ask a related question (Y->C upgrade using eVouchers). Is it correct that I need "I" availability (same as biz award) to clear immediately?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes and no... it seems there are two kinds of 'I', one for upgrades and the other for awards. So I being available is an indicator it will probably work.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:52 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have never attempted an upgrade from economy to business however from D to F works fine as long as it is not an A388 (i.e. there usually is space and it does work).
Do you know if it works from C to F on SQ ? I can't find any information on M&M website.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes and no... it seems there are two kinds of 'I', one for upgrades and the other for awards. So I being available is an indicator it will probably work.
Thanks. That's quite confusing but apparently it worked for me. I chose a flight for which I could see I availability on united.com, and the upgrade confirmed immediately.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G_G
Do you know if it works from C to F on SQ ? I can't find any information on M&M website.
Yes C class is higher than D so should be no problem.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:58 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Yes C class is higher than D so should be no problem.
Thanks. Do you have to call M&M to know the F upgrade availability ?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:21 pm

Question

For SQ upgrades call M&M or have your travel agent do it for you (they can do this as long as you authorize them and give them your PIN).

IIRC with Miles and More to upgrade on SQ from economy to business you need to have only B or Y classes.

Maybe this is a long shot, but is it possible to upgrade an A class ticket to R using e-vouchers?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, AF Plat, Velocity Plat, IHG RA, HHonors DIA, EC Priv Elite, Hertz Pres Circle ...
Originally Posted by sunseeker
Maybe this is a long shot, but is it possible to upgrade an A class ticket to R using e-vouchers?
Good idea, but since awards cannot be booked in Suites Class on SQA380 flights, the same applies for the evoucher upgrades.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G_G
Thanks. Do you have to call M&M to know the F upgrade availability ?
As far as I know yes- I don't know how they access the award inventory however also my TA cannot see the availability in the GDS.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunseeker
No such luck.

I do have one colleague who was able to use mileage to upgrade D>R on SYD/SIN however our consensus seems to be it was a mistake.

SIN/ZRH does seem to sell cash upgrades by the way from C/D to R when they are oversold in C. 2500 EUR for the leg. They only do it if they are oversold AFAIK.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:20 am

bummer...

No such luck.

I do have one colleague who was able to use mileage to upgrade D>R on SYD/SIN however our consensus seems to be it was a mistake.

SIN/ZRH does seem to sell cash upgrades by the way from C/D to R when they are oversold in C. 2500 EUR for the leg. They only do it if they are oversold AFAIK.

thanks for the info anyway.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
LH upgrade instruments (miles/vouchers) are good for upgrades on SQ from C to F (excluding Suites/A380).

To upgrade one has to call LH and they have to blindly request the upgrade (similar to the long-sell). If the upgrade is successful, the only response from the system is the deduction of miles/vouchers.

I think at present, SQ has zeroed out almost all award inventory due the hick-up after the Amadeus change.

RTW tickets can now be used on Suites. On a lot of A380 flights, SQ is opening up one seat in A.

SQ is always happy to upfare a business ticket to Suites: The cheapest return in P (First/Suites) ZRH-SIN is 8.300 EUR. To upgrade a D ticket for 4.300, the pricing to upfare per leg is 2.000 EUR.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:59 pm

The online tool also works to upgrade on sq using evouchers. I successfully upgraded online from d to f using evouchers a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.