Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 15, 10, 3:26 am   #1
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ZRH / AMS
Programs: M&M-FQT / HHonors SLV / LHW LeadersClub
Posts: 109
FTL Baggage Tags

Hi Guys

All new to this forum; and for a good start I thought of coming along with a real nice dumb question for you folks:

What happened to the M&M Frequent Traveller Baggage Tags? Like these:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_q9BsebZ5D-...r+alliance.jpg

I dont see them anymore around the airports: did M&M stop giving them away? Are people too ashamed using them caus they all wanna be SENS or do the FQTs leather buy the red tags on eBay and put their card then in there???

Questions over questions: thnx for your contributions and posts.
thomasalexandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 4:12 am   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Germany
Programs: BA Gold (Emerald), LH FTL (*S)
Posts: 59
M&M still gives these out (and you can also have them send new ones on request). I normally use them on my checked-in baggage. For showing off, you'd rather want a SEN or HON one, though.
Jack Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 5:10 am   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: BRN (home), ZRH (main), GRQ (origin)
Programs: LX SEN; Sixt Platinum
Posts: 110
Personally, I never have tags on hand luggage.
I used my tags on checked luggage, with which I do the least possible "wandering around" on airports.
Now that I have SEN tags, I use these (I like the FTL tags more but they got worn off) and I attach thee to my luggage with the metal FTL attach-thingies for extra durability.
Ordering extra tags to show off with on my hand luggage struck me a being a bit cheap. And: the hand luggage goes where I go, so no need for tags

Welcome to FT, by the way
SuperVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 6:37 am   #4
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The old Europe
Programs: LH, AF, AB, SQ
Posts: 206
I think they are quite helpful to get upgrades when being noticed during baggage check in by Non-LH-staff for non LH flights. At BA for example.
Longlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 7:01 am   #5
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: BRN (home), ZRH (main), GRQ (origin)
Programs: LX SEN; Sixt Platinum
Posts: 110
A M&M luggage tag gets you upgrades on BA flights?
How's that?
Would you not rather show your OneWorld card @ checkin?

Regards,
SuperVoid
SuperVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 7:11 am   #6
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Moscow
Programs: Don't think it matters...
Posts: 4,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperVoid View Post
Personally, I never have tags on hand luggage.
I used my tags on checked luggage, with which I do the least possible "wandering around" on airports.
I used my FTL tags for the checked in bags and I lost both the tags within 6 months.. when I got the baggage, it was with only the wire and no tag.. the FTL tag gets easily cracked IMO.. I then ordered another pair and now use it .. But for the checked in bags, I find the tags given by Priority club better though even they r plastic..
abhilife2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 8:09 am   #7
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Asia
Programs: LH FTL, EB, AB, PS, VV, NH
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
I used my FTL tags for the checked in bags and I lost both the tags within 6 months.. when I got the baggage, it was with only the wire and no tag.. the FTL tag gets easily cracked IMO..
Happened to me way too often in past, too. After a nice letter to Miles and More a nice package with 10 tags arrived. 6 months after - only 5 remained... Time to launch a new order...
__________________
Commuting between ITM and LWO @ government's expenses.
olm022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 8:39 am   #8
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Moscow
Programs: Don't think it matters...
Posts: 4,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by olm022 View Post
Happened to me way too often in past, too. After a nice letter to Miles and More a nice package with 10 tags arrived. 6 months after - only 5 remained... Time to launch a new order...
aha.. 10 new tags and I was feeling embarassed to ask for 2..
abhilife2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 8:49 am   #9
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: BRN (home), ZRH (main), GRQ (origin)
Programs: LX SEN; Sixt Platinum
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by olm022 View Post
After a nice letter to Miles and More a nice package with 10 tags arrived.
You got 10 of those? Use them all at once! At least a few will hang through
My (I thought unbreakable) suitcase came up less one wheel the other day. I wonder how they managed to do that
SuperVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 9:58 am   #10
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasalexandre View Post
Hi Guys

All new to this forum; and for a good start I thought of coming along with a real nice dumb question for you folks:
Welcome to FT and the M&M forum, thomasalexandre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
I think they are quite helpful to get upgrades when being noticed during baggage check in by Non-LH-staff for non LH flights. At BA for example.
What makes you believe your FTL tags helped you to get an upgrade? I highly doubt it!

As pointed out by others FTL tags are still around but I don't see any value by attaching them to hand luggage. The "show-off-factor" is rather limited, anyway.
__________________
"Strange coincidence, that all person, whose skull was opened, had a brain."
(Wittgenstein, On certainty)
totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 10:35 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Asia
Programs: LH FTL, EB, AB, PS, VV, NH
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
aha.. 10 new tags and I was feeling embarassed to ask for 2..
If in past in my case it happened that out of 5 flights 4 led to tags missing, then I have not problem asking them to send 10 at once, thus saving their and my time to write/reply to similar emails every 2-3 weeks. I explained the situation and asked if it would be possible. Miles and More in Tokyo said, "gladly."

As for upgrades, then for sure, luggage tags do not count. It is either at gate/check-in because of your (visible in PRN)status/fare. None of the agents would even think of checking out the luggage tags
__________________
Commuting between ITM and LWO @ government's expenses.
olm022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 14, 1:08 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasalexandre View Post
Hi Guys
or do the FQTs leather buy the red tags on eBay and put their card then in there???.
Could anyone tell me the point of buying a leather senator one without actually being one? can this benefit you in any way?
Nominal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 14, 1:30 pm   #13
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC, CGN
Programs: LH-SEN
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nominal View Post
Could anyone tell me the point of buying a leather senator one without actually being one? can this benefit you in any way?
Only if it has stars on it. But these cost 5x as much on eBay...
econprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 14, 2:02 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by econprof View Post
Only if it has stars on it. But these cost 5x as much on eBay...
The seniority stars? I've only seen the red ones with 1 star ingraved under the S, so only the standard ones

BUT; if you hang them at the same spot as where the agent puts the paper thingy around and he/she notices the SEN tag, is there anything in it depending on the airport, airline and/or agent? For example a priority handling tag?

Last edited by Nominal; Jan 19, 14 at 3:21 pm.
Nominal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 14, 9:35 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Moscow
Programs: Don't think it matters...
Posts: 4,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nominal View Post
The seniority stars? I've only seen the red ones with 1 star ingraved under the S, so only the standard ones

BUT; if you hang them at the same spot as where the agent puts the paper thingy around and he/she notices the SEN tag, is there anything in it depending on the airport, airline and/or agent? For example a priority handling tag?
I have never seen any agent putting a priority tag just based on the luggage tag and I will be very surprised if they did..but YMMV..
abhilife2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:27 am.