Next round of strike announced for 13th to 16th of April

Subscribe
Vereinigung Cockpit:

"

Die Vergütungs- und Manteltarifvertragsverhandlungen zwischen der Vereinigung Cockpit und der Lufthansa für das Cockpitpersonal der Lufthansa, Lufthansa Cargo und Germanwings sind erneut ohne Ergebnis geblieben. Aus Rücksicht auf die Urlaubspläne der Kunden während der Oster-Feiertage und um dem Lufthansa Top-Management ausreichend Zeit einzuräumen, seinen bisherigen Kurs neu auszurichten, kündigt die Vereinigung Cockpit bereits heute an, ihre Mitglieder bei der Lufthansa Passage, der Lufthansa Cargo und der Germanwings zu einem 4-tägigen Streik von Dienstag 13.04.2010, 00:00 Uhr durchgehend bis Freitag 16.04.2010, 23:59 Uhr an allen deutschen Stationen aufzurufen.... "
Oh dear! I'm supposed to be flying to the US on 16 April. And it's a BMI award.

Thanks for the bad news.
I guess passengers will be rebooked on BA as BA passengers are currently rebooked on LH.

This increases the load factor and reduces the fuel bill for the airlines. Some money flows from BA to LH and vice versa; this should therefore be revenue neutral.

Where's the harm to BA and LH?
I think this strike won't happen. I'm pretty sure there will be a settlement beforehand. This threat is to build up pressure.
Some BA passengers are booked on wetleased Ryanair planes.
Quote: Oh dear! I'm supposed to be flying to the US on 16 April. And it's a BMI award.

Thanks for the bad news.
BMIs ICC will sort you out !
I am flying on April 16th CGN-LHR LH4784 (8.35-9.00) then at 12.05 LHR-YYZ on AC should I change my flights in advance or stay cool about it.Advice would be appreciated.
Quote: I am flying on April 16th CGN-LHR LH4784 (8.35-9.00) then at 12.05 LHR-YYZ on AC should I change my flights in advance or stay cool about it.Advice would be appreciated.
Probably no resason to get worried yet, unless you are travelling on seperate PNRs? In this case I'd recommend to book an alternative to LHR as a backup option. (perhaps fully refundable one-way for the worst case?)
Quote: I am flying on April 16th CGN-LHR LH4784 (8.35-9.00) then at 12.05 LHR-YYZ on AC should I change my flights in advance or stay cool about it.Advice would be appreciated.
Is this on one ticket or on two? If on one, wait, chill, this is still 25 days out...

If on two tickets, check if one of the cheapo airlines (don't do Germanwings as they are effected as well) still have a good deal out there.
Flying to BRU during that period. Thanks good the company booked me on LX!
Quote: I am flying on April 16th CGN-LHR LH4784 (8.35-9.00)
LH4784 along with other CGN-LHR flights will be operated by BMI (wetlease). It's unlikely that your flight will be affected.
Quote: BMIs ICC will sort you out !
Thanks for the reassurance!
Quote: LH4784 along with other CGN-LHR flights is operated by BMI (wetlease). It's unlikely that your flight will be affected.
Haha, rambuster and I already stepped into the LH marketing trap
Quote: Haha, rambuster and I already stepped into the LH marketing trap
Another reason for LH pilots to strike...?
Quote: Probably no resason to get worried yet, unless you are travelling on seperate PNRs? In this case I'd recommend to book an alternative to LHR as a backup option. (perhaps fully refundable one-way for the worst case?)
It s all on one PNR.Its just that on my LHR-YYZ flight I have a confirmed upgrade to Exec.Class and I really would hate to miss this one.