Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Have Not Charged My Credit Card For Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Made online reservation on 6th of Jul, credit card is not charged yet

I made two reservations on lh.com online on 6th of Jul. I have received email that reservations are ticketed and I have receipts.

However I have not received SMS notification on my phone about charges - I always have received them in past when I did reservations. Also when I log on to my bank site I don't see these transactions in the list.

Just called at UK's support phone number and got reply that 'reservations are ticketed'. Thank you, I knew that already.

Anything I should be worry/aware about?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:45 am

You shouldn't lose your sleep over it. I had instances (incidentally, a recent one with OS, a charge in € currency which would not even appear amongst my pending transactions) when charges didn't post for over a month and certainly well over my Amex (UK issued, just for the records) standard monthly billing cycle.

G
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by invisible
Just called at UK's support phone number and got reply that 'reservations are ticketed'. Thank you, I knew that already.
What did you expect them to tell you?

Calm down, you have a ticketed booking and most probably also ticket numbers. Check your booking on the Lufthansa website for that. In my experience it always takes some time before they charge the credit card.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:10 pm

Hi All,

Using expedia I booked flight on 26th July by debit card. Bank declined transaction in the first go. I attempted again, transaction on the page went through and got a confirmation about my ride. By then 2-3 pending charges showed up on my bank account,.
Next morning all charges disappear except processing fees by expedia. I called lufthansa, they say it's confirmed. Called expedia they say it is confirmed. Again called lufthansa they say it is confirmed.
Called bank they say they reversed and declined all transactions because they thought it's a fraud.

Called all places again. My flight is on 2nd August.

Can someone please help and guide me?
Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by new_username
Hi All,

Using expedia I booked flight on 26th July by debit card. Bank declined transaction in the first go. I attempted again, transaction on the page went through and got a confirmation about my ride. By then 2-3 pending charges showed up on my bank account,.
Next morning all charges disappear except processing fees by expedia. I called lufthansa, they say it's confirmed. Called expedia they say it is confirmed. Again called lufthansa they say it is confirmed.
Called bank they say they reversed and declined all transactions because they thought it's a fraud.

Called all places again. My flight is on 2nd August.

Can someone please help and guide me?
Thanks.
When you try to check in online you will get an error message, and at that time the call center won't be able to fob you off, they will have to fix it up.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by harryhv
When you try to check in online you will get an error message, and at that time the call center won't be able to fob you off, they will have to fix it up.
harryhv:

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Seats are allocated. Called customer care too. Would they deny boarding in order to fix this up?

Anyway, I'm not reaching airport without check in in 24 hours prior to the flight. If things don't look good at the time of check in then I hope they will allow regardless of whether the transaction has gone through or not.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The key is if your reservation has a ticket number. Confirmed reservation is worth nothing.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The key is if your reservation has a ticket number. Confirmed reservation is worth nothing.
Hi oliver2002,
Yes, my booking has a ticket number. After your reply I called Lufthansa to check for the ticket number. They say it's good and confirmed.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:32 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by new_username
Hi oliver2002,
Yes, my booking has a ticket number. After your reply I called Lufthansa to check for the ticket number. They say it's good and confirmed.
Do your online check-in at T-24 hours, if it doesn't work then call up reservations and have them fix the reservation. If OLCI works then enjoy
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by GVA
Do your online check-in at T-24 hours, if it doesn't work then call up reservations and have them fix the reservation. If OLCI works then enjoy
Hi GVA,

Thanks for your reply.

Lufthansa charged amount to my card. Things are good now, a big relief.
May be they went on collection on the month end and charged cards.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:09 am

Booked a ticket on Lufthansa two weeks ago, credit card not charged yet?

Hi, I booked a ticket on Lufthansa website to weeks ago, my flight will be in next November. I got a confirmation code and an etix number

Till now the price of the ticker was not charged from my credit card, I checked with Lufthansa they said it was OK, I checked with my bank and they said they don't see the transactions in their records.

Has anybody been through a similar situation before? I just want to avoid any surprises on the flight day.

Is that normal? or did something go wrong? I just want to know if somebody had this experience before.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Eventually they will charge you before the flight, dont worry... it happens from time to time.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
as you've got your etix number, the ticket has been issued and you don't have to worry about the reservation expiring. LH will charge your card in due time..
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:54 am

Thank you all for your response, I'm just worried that anything could go wrong, I'm just wondering if that's normal for Lufthansa to have such delays in payments?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1k
I've had Lufthansa transactions take 1-2 weeks to post. I usually see briefly a hold on the account, then it disappears and about a week after that it comes up back dated. It is quite odd. I'm based in the US, so not sure if it is a US-specific problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.