Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Have Not Charged My Credit Card For Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Continental (Silver)
Lufthansa flight booked/confirmed but charge disappeared from credit card

As per the title, I booked a flight on Lufthansa for the end of April and received the confirmation email. I checked my Chase account and saw the pending charge on my Visa credit card. But a few days later the charge is gone, no trace of it, and I'm back to my full limit as being available. What are your thoughts? A free trans-Atlantic trip at the expense of someone at Chase making an error is fine by me... But I don't want to run into trouble when I check in... What would you do? I've checked my reservation on the Lufthansa website several times since and everything is confirmed and looking good. Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:18 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
With did you purchase the flight? @LH.com? have you contacted LH (not just looked at the website).

It will likely correct itself -- so first work on that assumption.

Why you can hope this will slide by, which are you more comfortable with -- waiting & hoping or getting resolved?

If LH customer support states all is good, I would have the card on hand at check-in.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
With did you purchase the flight? @LH.com? have you contacted LH (not just looked at the website).

It will likely correct itself -- so first work on that assumption.

Why you can hope this will slide by, which are you more comfortable with -- waiting & hoping or getting resolved?

If LH customer support states all is good, I would have the card on hand at check-in.
I booked it on the Lufthansa website which certainly makes me feel more comfortable about it all. I may give them a call with a random question like "I don't travel much and I wanted to double check my flight is confirmed and all set...". Actually an email might be better as I could get their response in writing. It's just weird that the charge showed up on my Chase card and then disappeared all together. I want the flight to work out (it needs to!), and if the charge does go through I won't be in shock - but I'm tempted not to go fishing if my flight is 100% confirmed. $1,500 would be an awesome save.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:25 pm

It's not unheard of for a charge to disappear from a Chase credit card, only to reappear later. How long has it been since you booked the ticket?

I've personally seen something disappear from pending transactions and then show up 3-4 days later under posted transactions.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by aradisc
It's not unheard of for a charge to disappear from a Chase credit card, only to reappear later. How long has it been since you booked the ticket?

I've personally seen something disappear from pending transactions and then show up 3-4 days later under posted transactions.
Confirmation email:
Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Just checked and still no charge.
Tue, Feb 25 2014 at 9:40pm
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Has the flight been ticketed or only confirmed?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by JPG3392
Has the flight been ticketed or only confirmed?
Ticketed I think. Not flying until April. Below is what I have in my email.

Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by aradisc

This. I had this happen with a ~$2k repair bill once. I was surprised, too. While I would have been happy to not have to pay the charge, I didn't want the company to get screwed as they did good work and earned their money. Eventually the charge posted - though very belatedly.

Originally Posted by olly666
Confirmation email:
Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Just checked and still no charge.
Tue, Feb 25 2014 at 9:40pm
This sounds like a long time, but I suspect it will post. Give it a few more day and see what happens.
Old May 13, 2014, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Then go to http://eitr.amadeusasia.com/index.aspx and check the actual ticket to see which credit card was charged
Thanks for the great link. It saved me.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:12 am

Any update/outcome?

Hi @olly666,

What wound up happening with this issue? I ask because the same exact thing just happened to me - I booked a flight on Lufthansa's website, saw the charges in my pending charges on Chase's website, and now they're gone. It's been about 5 days since I made the purchase. It's even more strange that the charges for selecting my seats ($35 per person per leg) ARE on my Chase bill, but the other ~$1500 is gone.

Hoping you can share your experience so I can stop worrying!

Thanks,
epl108
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
If eticket has been issued, and eticket is valid, you can enjoy the ride on someone else account!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
One week after booking but no charge from LH

I booked two tickets on LH.com last week and despite both being authorized, they have not posted to my credit card account. My card issuer assures me everything looks OK on their side. Does LH usually take this long to submit their charges?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, it takes seveal days for the charge to appear. Rest assured that it will eventually.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsnearline
I booked two tickets on LH.com last week and despite both being authorized, they have not posted to my credit card account. My card issuer assures me everything looks OK on their side. Does LH usually take this long to submit their charges?

It took LH a few weeks to submit a charge to my CC last year.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
The charges finally posted today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.