Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Have Not Charged My Credit Card For Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by sagorion
I have a slightly different problem. Bought a ticket from Lufthansa last Dec at their office for a promotion for a trip later this month. Lufthansa has not charged me till now.

However, last week my credit card company claimed there was a suspicion of credit card fraud with someone using my card number, cancelled my card and re-issued me a new card with a new number.

I should be able to inform Lufthansa to have the billing information corrected right?
What does checkmytrip say about this booking? I would be a little nervous if I would be you!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
What does checkmytrip say about this booking? I would be a little nervous if I would be you!
Booking still valid both on checkmytrip.com and lufthansa websites...
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Oil-man
Hi to those on the Lufthansa discussion thread.

A couple of weeks ago I booked directly on the Lufthansa website and spent several hundred UK pounds on some flights for the family.

I received confirmation e-mail, and referenece from Lufthansa, and all flights are confirmed.

Checked my credit card statement on-line a day later and the Lufthansa transaction was pending. Usually this happens for a day or so and then it becomes a debit on my credit card.

Well this time the transaction just dropped off, and now I have the confirmation from Lufthansa, but they have not billed me (these are non-refundable tickets).

I don't want to do Lufthansa's job for them, and I'm not in the mood to pursue them to invoice me. But, what would happen if I left this and didn't contact Lufthansa?

Would I get the flights for free? Or would it all kick off at the check in counter when they realise the flights have not been paid for?

Thanks in advance.
I wonder if you got your flight okay because the same thing happened to us last week. Except I didn't realise I had not been charged until I was told at the airport (I only get a monthly credit card statement). When I (and 3 of my family) arrived at Heathrow I had our booking confirmation and we were even told we were on the passenger list - but the payment had not been taken and the ticket had not been released!! We spent the next one and a half hours trying to sort it out/rebook but due to general unhelpfulness coupled with some computer problems they were having we ended up missing our flight!! I just hope the same thing did not happen to you.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
I have the same issue... booked my international flight this weekend and AMEX doesn't show anything under pending or charged. I have a ticket number issued and checking the sites linked my itinerary does show up. Not sure what to make of it...
Old Feb 1, 2011, 3:21 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Azurik
I have the same issue... booked my international flight this weekend and AMEX doesn't show anything under pending or charged. I have a ticket number issued and checking the sites linked my itinerary does show up. Not sure what to make of it...
My online Amex statement usually shows the trxns after 2-3 days.. so if u did it on the weekend, it should be on ur statement by tomorrow..
Btw..ur ticket numer is issued as u say so not a cause for worry IMO..
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:52 am

Lufthansa India

I too am facing a similar situation.

I have made a booking on March 2, 2011 and even today i.e. March 9, 2011 the transaction has not been processed by Lufthansa Accounts department. Also, they are completely inaccessible except if they feel like they will respond via e-mail.

I have proper Ticket numbers, and according to their own e-mail the Tickets have been issued and confirmed and good. But no charge yet on the Credit Card.

I am very worried that my Tickets may end up getting cancelled and it may be too late for me to rebook. I am trying to follow-up and complete the Transaction but am not getting any help from Lufthansa. In fact, no one on the Phone in India can provide any resolution at all and they admit this right away. They provide an e-mail ID to contact, and that's it.

It appears extremely absurd that such a reputed Airline like Lufthansa has no proper Phone access in India to resolve such important issues. Also, what is the reason behind taking weeks for running a simple transaction through.

I would definitely appreciate any advice on what I can do to ensure ticketing/travel, please. (I have checked the amadeus website and Ticket does show up there.)

Regards,
Atscat.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by AtsCat
I too am facing a similar situation.

I have made a booking on March 2, 2011 and even today i.e. March 9, 2011 the transaction has not been processed by Lufthansa Accounts department. Also, they are completely inaccessible except if they feel like they will respond via e-mail.

I have proper Ticket numbers, and according to their own e-mail the Tickets have been issued and confirmed and good. But no charge yet on the Credit Card.

I am very worried that my Tickets may end up getting cancelled and it may be too late for me to rebook. I am trying to follow-up and complete the Transaction but am not getting any help from Lufthansa. In fact, no one on the Phone in India can provide any resolution at all and they admit this right away. They provide an e-mail ID to contact, and that's it.

It appears extremely absurd that such a reputed Airline like Lufthansa has no proper Phone access in India to resolve such important issues. Also, what is the reason behind taking weeks for running a simple transaction through.

I would definitely appreciate any advice on what I can do to ensure ticketing/travel, please. (I have checked the amadeus website and Ticket does show up there.)

Regards,
Atscat.
Welcome to FT Atscat..
AFAIK , if u have an e-ticket with a valid PNR and e-ticket number and u r able to see the details in the LH site, then its fine..
If they have not charged, they will do it surely and otherwise they will ask u to pay at the airport but IIRC, no one's ticket has been cancelled if they had a valid pnr and e-ticket number because of LH not charging.. In my view, the question is when they will charge but they will surely charge u..
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
AtsCat, I wouldn't worry at all if you have ticket numbers. The booking was only a week ago; it is quite normal that it doesn't show up yet on your credit card.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:28 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
As I have posted before, this used to be quite normal, especially with LH. They took rather long.

Recently, they got much faster though (within 2-3 days it showed up on the CC online portal)

I would not be worried though. If you want to be super save, just print your confirmed booking, so that they can not delete it out of the system or something!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:14 am

Smile

abhilife2001, SmilingBoy, supermasterphil :
Thanks all very much for your replies, I appreciate your help.

Well, I sent them 3 e-mails yesterday back and forth, to the German Website Support through their Website Form and aside a couple of e-mails to the India esales e-mail ID that the Phone support had provided. Kept on and on about how the delay has been quite a lot and how some forums mention Ticket problems when Flyers land up at the airport in such cases, etc, and how I needed to have the Transaction completed for various reasons.

I think some of that worked and the Transaction was processed and has been completed overnight. I am glad that Lufthansa support decided to respond to my concern. The charge shows up on my Credit Card today, and I can make the Payment to open the limit once again for further bookings of Hotels etc.

Good Forum...please keep up the good work...

Regards,
AtsCat
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: QR Silver
Hi.
I had the same issue with LH, did a booking for my family and it took LH one week to charge my Diners Club card. I have now printed both my credit card statement and the e-ticket page at lh.com just to be on the safe side. But, can someone tell me what the RLOC-number on https://eitr.amadeusasia.com/index.aspx is? I tried the reservation code, but no luck.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Īt should be the booking code you see on lh.com.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:27 am

Question

Hello everyone,

A similar thing has happened to me but with Expedia.

I booked 3 different flights with Epedia. Initially a confirmation came to say that they are contacting aitlines to see if the prices are still available. After a few days my trip itinerary did not change, therefore I called expedia. After a couple of long calls they promised the flights are confirmed. In my online itinerary it still says that thy are waiting for airline confirmation.
I also contacted each 3 airlines and they confirmed they have me on their list.
I am getting paranoid about Expedia as the reviews online are not great.
One thing I am getting paranoid about is why they didn't charge my credit card? They charged only a reservation fee! Does it mean that my flights are still not confirmed as the money is not taken.

I checked mytrip website and can see one electronic ticket number issued (which by the way does not start with 220) and flights confirmed.

I am so worried now to see that same itinerary stating that airlines needs to confirm flights (Expedia said to ignore that part!) and now even credit card is not charged. What is going on? I am really getting frustrated as this is the big journey that I have been dreaming of all mylife- I cant afford to get it ruined!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:44 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Hi Money-Girl and welcome to flyertalk!

Most important part is that a ticket number is in the booking. I wouldn't be too nervous about the actual flights not yet listed as confirmed. If you have a ticket number you should be accomodated.

You could call your airline, tel them the ticket number and ask them to look into the booking if everything is fine.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
How long ago did you make the bookings? And how far in the future is your first departure?

I've never had any problems with Expedia. I don't think you really need to worry.

That the e-ticket issued so far doesn't start with 220 is nothing to be worried about. The first 3 digits indicate which airline issued the ticket - 220 is for Lufthansa (you can find a list - not sure if it's comprehensive - here - so it sounds as if this ticket is for a flight or a journey that at least commences with an airline other than Lufthansa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.