Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Have Not Charged My Credit Card For Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I have a similar, but actually opposite issue. I cancelled a booking and got confirmation by e-mail and post, but so far I did not receive the refund. According to a Lufthansa representative I spoke to, the refund was made to my PayPal account three weeks ago but it's not there yet.

I contact LH via their website now asking them to investigate, but it's your issue is interesting nonetheless.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, BA
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
You mean you actually had the 13-digit ticket numbers starting with 220? Or do you refer loosely to the booking confirmation (something entirely different).
Went back to check. You are right, I didn't have the e-ticket, but only the booking confirmation... So, different case, then...
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN, OZ Diamond, FB Gold, CX MPC
Similar thing happened to me once: LH did not charge my card for over 2 month. I took the flight already and was hoping against hope...
But in the end they charged me. No clue why it took so long that time.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Oil-man
OK, went to the site suggested and it tells me that the credit card I used to book the flights has been charged. But it hasn't actually been charged!
Just wait a few days and the charge will show up on your CC account.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Unless Air China who just took my money twice today. When I called them up, I was at first very surprised how helpful they were. They called me back within half an hour and admitted they charged me twice. (first I thought I had booked twice because the website had difficulties when booking)
But her way to resolve it, didn't satisfy me:
Agent: Sir, we have charged you twice. We maybe put the charge back to your credit card.
Philipp: Why maybe? And when?
Agent: Maybe in 4-6 weeks
Then I got started and told her this is not happening and she rather do it now or I will just go through my credit card and get them take care of it. she wants to call me back.

I have learned in HK so far, that "maybe" must mean something else but not "maybe" :-)
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Agent: Sir, we have charged you twice. We maybe put the charge back to your credit card.
Then I got started and told her this is not happening and she rather do it now or I will just go through my credit card and get them take care of it. she wants to call me back.

I have learned in HK so far, that "maybe" must mean something else but not "maybe" :-)
LOL! we've charged twice the amount you were supposed to pay, but we might, only if we feel like it or enough morons haven't noticed the double charge, give you your money back...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, OZ Diamond, FB Gold, CX MPC
Unless Air China who just took my money twice today. When I called them up, I was at first very surprised how helpful they were. They called me back within half an hour and admitted they charged me twice. (first I thought I had booked twice because the website had difficulties when booking)
But her way to resolve it, didn't satisfy me:

ha, nice story, welcome to HKG. This is what happens if you ask a straight yes or no question. Answer: Maybe yes ;-)
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by caipiroska
ha, nice story, welcome to HKG. This is what happens if you ask a straight yes or no question. Answer: Maybe yes ;-)
CA just sent me an email without any "maybe" involved. Still, they say it would take 4 weeks.

Is this what I have to accept? Or should I just go and contact Lufthansa / DKB / Mastercard to get it refunded?

Sorry to hijack this thread!
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Dont worry - you will be charged>

Although an authorisation drops off from your cc/debit card transactions, the 'authorisation' is active for up to 5 weeks and during which time, LH can and will use the same authorisation code it received when issuing your tickets.

So don't worry... your tickets have been issued, and you will see the transaction at a later time.

CA just sent me an email without any "maybe" involved. Still, they say it would take 4 weeks.

Is this what I have to accept? Or should I just go and contact Lufthansa / DKB / Mastercard to get it refunded?

Sorry to hijack this thread!
Who is the airline that issued your ticket, ie what document is your ticket on? Unless it is on LH which I seriously doubt that it is.. you have to process your refund through your issuing airline which is Air China in this case.

A refund on most airlines will take an average of 4 weeks. It is quite 'normal'. Of course with US carriers, they are faster. But generally they say 4 weeks or one billing cycle of your creditcard. But it can be faster. Actually with e-tickets, the process is much faster. With paper tickets, in the old days, the wait can be up to 3 months !!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jan 27, 2010 at 3:46 am
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Who is the airline that issued your ticket, ie what document is your ticket on? Unless it is on LH which I seriously doubt that it is.. you have to process your refund through your issuing airline which is Air China in this case.

A refund on most airlines will take an average of 4 weeks. It is quite 'normal'. Of course with US carriers, they are faster. But generally they say 4 weeks or one billing cycle of your creditcard. But it can be faster. Actually with e-tickets, the process is much faster. With paper tickets, in the old days, the wait can be up to 3 months !!
I wrote that I will contact LH because I used my LH credit card. What I meant is the Lufthansa Credit Card hotline.

The second follow up email from them basically tried to say that it may take up to 4 weeks, so I will just stick to it. The way she first put it sounded like it will take 4 weeks or more but she rephrased it in the second email. It will be fine, I am sure.

Thanks everybody.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: M&M SEN
Originally Posted by Oil-man
Hi to those on the Lufthansa discussion thread.

A couple of weeks ago I booked directly on the Lufthansa website and spent several hundred UK pounds on some flights for the family.

I received confirmation e-mail, and referenece from Lufthansa, and all flights are confirmed.
Please keep us posted ^
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:11 am
Suspended

PayPal refunds etc.

If you get a refund via PayPal, after cxln online, you get a recipt.
Then the fun mights start: You will get a letter or an email stating to please contact LH.
They then might want to have your CC again to charge you cxln fee.
Then refund via Paypal, they foward it to the CC which might have been charged to pay / or account / or not if you held balance for the purchase.

It took me 2 letters to convince them to not charge me again and instead to deduct it from the refundable amount.

2. Using DKB LH CC to have a charge rejected / refunded, you might want to call. To then call again, submit correspondence you might have had with the charging-party.
If lucky they do it, or tell you that the charging-party´s AGB /T&C are:... to not yet be able to reject the charge.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:50 pm

Just to follow up on "my little case" with Air China in this thread: they refunded my money within 6 days and I even made 4 Euro profit due to different exchange rate

I have to say I am highly impressed by the way Air China handled the situation! ^^
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:58 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Then go to http://eitr.amadeusasia.com/index.aspx and check the actual ticket to see which credit card was charged
Great link, Oliver2002 !! ^ Thanks !!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I have a slightly different problem. Bought a ticket from Lufthansa last Dec at their office for a promotion for a trip later this month. Lufthansa has not charged me till now.

However, last week my credit card company claimed there was a suspicion of credit card fraud with someone using my card number, cancelled my card and re-issued me a new card with a new number.

I should be able to inform Lufthansa to have the billing information corrected right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.