FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well that's the thing, I don't see where those higher values are. Maybe I'm missing something, or the offer hasn't properly appeared yet. I must say, interesting miles collecting opportunities are few and far between at the moment.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Miles & More, MileagePlus
Hi FlyerTalk,
Subscribe to The Economist and earn Miles & More award miles is back

You can earn up to 9 000 Award Miles for Print + Digital ($190), 7 500 Miles for Digital or Print (each 7 500 Award Miles). Offers expires May 31, 2018.
More info here:
http://www.subscription.economist.co...he%20Economist

Happy Friday
Old May 1, 2018, 3:55 pm

Hi,
The link for The Economist promo seems not to be working. Do you have a different one for the US?

Also tried with the one I got on the M&M Newsletter, but when I changed the country to the US the M&M option disappeared and took me to the regular subscription options,
https://subscription.economist.com/O...he%20Economist

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2018, 4:09 pm

Hi Mister P.,
Actually, I have copied/pasted the link into my post from the newsletter. I am located in California and I have subscribed to the Economist this past weekend so it definitely works in US as well Here's the link again just in case:

subscription.economist.com/OA/partners/MMUS3x/offer?campid=email_mam_0418_directmailing_OP762_Th e%20Economist
(copy and paste it into your browser)

(Sorry, I can not post links until I have at least 5 posts )
Hopefully it will work for you.

Last edited by COR732; May 1, 2018 at 4:10 pm Reason: Needed to add more text
Old May 1, 2018, 6:30 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by COR732
Hi Mister P.,
Actually, I have copied/pasted the link into my post from the newsletter. I am located in California and I have subscribed to the Economist this past weekend so it definitely works in US as well Here's the link again just in case:

subscription.economist.com/OA/partners/MMUS3x/offer?campid=email_mam_0418_directmailing_OP762_Th e%20Economist
(copy and paste it into your browser)

(Sorry, I can not post links until I have at least 5 posts )
Hopefully it will work for you.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, COR732!

The link provided still does not work unfortunately. It looks like the M&M website is having their usual problem which is hopefully only a teething problem.

On M&M's UK site I can see an image advertising 11,400 miles for The Economist but the link in the image is broken. Selecting The Economist under Subscriptions & Books only takes me to the global offer which is 3,800 miles for the print & digital package for Ł179/€279.
Attached Images  
Old May 2, 2018, 2:44 am

Ok, thanks! Managed to access US link subscription page with the 9,000 offer. Was trying to see if I could access the 11,400 miles offer but that one does not seem to be available for the US.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Concerto
Well that's the thing, I don't see where those higher values are. Maybe I'm missing something, or the offer hasn't properly appeared yet. I must say, interesting miles collecting opportunities are few and far between at the moment.
The 55k miles come for the two Vitra chairs, which cost 7500-8000€. Baad cpm.... of course if you are into reselling, this is the deal.

There are some nice deals there, for example household whitegoods that give 6-10k but are listed at retail. So a 249€ vacuum cleaner that can be found in some shops for 179€ comes with 6k points.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:12 am

Thank you for your respond NewbieRunner. Perhaps, the promo is targeted only on continental Europe and US...? It does says that subscribers from Europe can request refund in the first 14 days.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:13 am

Awesome! Congratulations! It's pretty good deal to get 9000 Miles for $190 Enjoy!
Old May 2, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 55k miles come for the two Vitra chairs, which cost 7500-8000€. Baad cpm.... of course if you are into reselling, this is the deal.

There are some nice deals there, for example household whitegoods that give 6-10k but are listed at retail. So a 249€ vacuum cleaner that can be found in some shops for 179€ comes with 6k points.
Sometimes it's possible to find some good deals through all the items. Earlier this year I was able to find Lufthansa wallet for $49 and I got extra 1250 Miles for it
Old May 2, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

G
Awesome! Congratulations! It's pretty good deal to get 9000 Miles for $190 Enjoy!
I just can’t understand how surprisingly many people view that as a good deal. In Europe, I’m looking for a minimum of 1000 miles per €10. So that means I am expecting at least 10,000 miles for something that costs €100. If that sounds unreasonable, then so be it, we all have our individual level of value for these things. I am just not throwing good money at something which offers less miles than that, something that I probably don’t really need. Also, I think these miles are worth a great deal less than they were just a few short years ago.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
G

I just can’t understand how surprisingly many people view that as a good deal. In Europe, I’m looking for a minimum of 1000 miles per €10. So that means I am expecting at least 10,000 miles for something that costs €100. If that sounds unreasonable, then so be it, we all have our individual level of value for these things. I am just not throwing good money at something which offers less miles than that, something that I probably don’t really need. Also, I think these miles are worth a great deal less than they were just a few short years ago.
Yes, I agree, we all have our individual level of value as you said. It looks like you have been in miles and points game for awhile so you must really see the devaluation hitting hard. I consider myself as a newbie and I tried to compare Miles & More - The Economist offer with current SPG Starpoints offer (they transfer to Miles & More in 1:1 ration). SPG has promo to buy Starpoints 35% off which means you can get 9000 SPG Star Points for $204.75 (Reg. $315) comparing that to Miles & More - The Economist promo you get 9000 Miles & More for $190 subscription so that looks like a good deal to me. Hopefully there will be more Miles & More promo offers soon so you can be satisfied as well.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just want you to protect yourself a bit so you don’t throw too much money at something that devalues more quickly than any third world banana republic currency. It’s important to set some limits. I’m sure that some promotions will be along in due course that will please everybody. Following the extreme devaluation concerning M&M being a revenue based system, they’ll have to give it a boost at some point.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Yes, I agree, we all have our individual level of value as you said. It looks like you have been in miles and points game for awhile so you must really see the devaluation hitting hard. I consider myself as a newbie and I tried to compare Miles & More - The Economist offer with current SPG Starpoints offer (they transfer to Miles & More in 1:1 ration). SPG has promo to buy Starpoints 35% off which means you can get 9000 SPG Star Points for $204.75 (Reg. $315) comparing that to Miles & More - The Economist promo you get 9000 Miles & More for $190 subscription so that looks like a good deal to me. Hopefully there will be more Miles & More promo offers soon so you can be satisfied as well.
Hi COR732,
As concerto already said, be careful in buying miles and more miles. Being based in Switzerland (which is one of the worst countries in this game), I set my limit at CHF 17.50 / 1000 miles, which is coop's selling ratio. Of course, everyone has it's own limit....
By the way, you get 5000 bonus miles if you transfer 20K spg points to miles. And I would buy the spg points too (and for family accounts as well maybe?), since no one knows yet if after Aug 1st spg/marriott will keep doing buy points promotion. But I wouldn't maybe transfer them to miles and more, you'll surely find a better value using them differently.

And a last thing to think about: depending on the purpose of the miles, it's maybe more interesting to collect/buy miles in another program. Or nowadays it's almost getting more interesting in grabing directly business/first promotions, which are getting better and more frequent than before.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:09 am

Not sure if this is the correct place for this but... Has anybody used M&M to book hotels? I was looking at some for September and one or two hotels are 10,000 miles for 3 nights. And they are pretty cheap hotels .
What puts me off for now is some are not able to be cancelled. Plus I presume you have to pay immediately? Unlike say hotels.com where you pay the hotel on departure.
But maybe when I get nearer the date it could be a nice deal. 10,000 miles for 600 euro.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.